Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Sue Allpress (SA), John Clarke (JC), John Sanger (JS), Pete Skinner (PS) and Julia Wilkie (JW - with apology for late arrival - 7.45pm).
Also present: Dot Wagg (clerk).
Members of Public: Don Finney (7.30 - 7.50pm) re Broadband progress.
1. Apologies for Absence: received and approved for Cllr. Edward Heron.
2. Declarations of interest: JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee (agenda item 6)
3. Minutes of previous meeting: It was unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.
5. Public participation & 7. Broadband (agenda items brought forward by Chairman): Mr. Finney, who is a member of the Woodgreen Facebook group campaign for faster Broadband requested an update on the progress of faster Broadband for Woodgreen. He mentioned the difficulties he and others face when trying to work from home with current internet provision, especially when children are trying to access the internet for required homework tasks. Parishioners are frustrated at the delay in accessing Faster Broadband which is also causing concern when buying or selling a property in Woodgreen.
SH summarised the current position, emphasising the considerable work EH has undertaken in trying to meet all parties to try to resolve the problem surrounding the positioning of additional RDSLAM Cabinet 11. (See also previous minutes, found on PC website). The best site for optimum performance, range and effectiveness has been refused again by the Verderers, and EH then spoke about a recent meeting with Hampshire County Council proposing another site which will be the closest and best second option. Mr Finney was assured that Woodgreen Parish Council are doing everything possible to expedite this and was thanked for attending the meeting and left at 7.50pm.
SH will reply to Verderers on behalf of PC. An update on Broadband will be on the agenda for the Parish Assembly.
4. Matters arising from previous minutes:
6. Planning decisions: 14/00913/FULL Beck Cottage SP6 2AS & 15/00104/FULL White Cottage SP6
2BD - both applications have been granted subject to conditions.
Planning Applications: no applications received.
Tree Application: CONS/15/0316 Holly Cottage SP6 2AZ - it was RESOLVED to raise no objections
provided the Tree Officer approves the planned pruning.
8. Lengthsman: Booked for Woodgreen on 10th April & joblist has been sent.
9. Halls Field: (JW declared an interest for this agenda item) The playgroup have requested an increase in the field space they use for their garden to incorporate a climbing aid and sandpit. The request has been refused as the farming tenant does not want to lose any further grazing land, having already given up space for the shop and current garden. He also moves livestock to increase parking for special events.
10. Correspondence: (circulated prior to meeting to Councillors for individual or urgent response).
11. Roads, hedges & verges:
12. Cemetery Report:
13. Financial report: Income: nil
Expenditure: cheques approved and signed for: Sembcorp (Cemetery Water bill) £15.16; Thirsk Payroll (PAYE) £32 (Oct.2014-March 2015); Woodgreen Village Hall £12.07 (for Chubb fire extinguisher service Reading Room) & HALC Subscription £209. It was discussed about additional HR contribution to HALC for £120 but this was not felt to be necessary.
At this point SH announced clerk's decision to resign due to family commitments and health problems, but giving three months' notice to allow recruitment of a new clerk (SH, EH & SA will form sub-committee for this purpose). The clerk was warmly thanked for her work on PC's behalf.
14. Meetings attended:
EH: Western Escarpment & New Forest Consultative Panel
JS: Members Day, RNP, Planning, NPA Planning, NP Authority Meeting.
The meeting ended at 9.20pm.
Date of next meeting: Tuesday 5th May 2015 at 7.30pm
Contact details: Dot Wagg - Clerk to Woodgreen Parish Council. Email: email@example.com
Tel: 01725 514415. Minutes can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk
NB: these are draft minutes until approved at next Woodgreen Parish Council Meeting
We'd love to hear from you