Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 5th April 2016 at 7.30 pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Pete Skinner (PS) (left at 9.28pm), John Clarke (JC), Julia Wilkie (JW),  and Sue Allpress (SA).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk)

16.53   Apologies for Absence: Apologies were received from Ed Hollinghurst (EH) and John Sanger (JS).

16.54   Declarations of interest: No declarations of interest were declared.

16.55   Minutes of previous meetings on 01/03/2016: It was then unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

16.56   Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • County Cllr Edward Heron was not present to provide an update in relation to horsetail concerns. Clerk will liaise with JS with a view to arranging a meeting with Bob Brown, HCC Highways.
  • The Clerk had had no response from BT online in relation to the painting of the telephone box and will chase again.
  • Anti Dog Fouling and Cemetery signage now displayed.
  • The Clerk confirmed that she was continuing with updates to website to ensure it is in line with the Transparency Code. Files are now being stored in the Cloud environment and can be accessed by the Chairman.
  • SH advised that he had contacted Trafalgar School in relation to the Dodington Trust
  • It is hoped that M B Whitlock will commence work in relation to Steel’s Drove mid to late April.
  • Anti Litter Picking Event 16th-17th April 2016 - SH advised that three families had volunteered to help. PS and JC also advised that they could help. It was noted that litter is not a significant problem in Woodgreen although uninhabited areas would be the focus of the event.

16.57   Public Participation: No members of the public were present.

16.58   Planning Applications:

  • 16/00170 - Wild Close, Woodgreen, SP6 2QX

After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above planning application:

PAR 2 – Recommend REFUSAL but the Parish Council would accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority’s Officers under their delegated powers. The application goes against recommendations for property boundaries made by the Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group Committee. The parish council would prefer a lower temporary fence to be erected whilst indigenous hedging could be planted behind in keeping with the local area. The examples given of other fencing in the area were erected prior to recommendations from the Steering Group being issued. The Clerk is to advise NFNPA accordingly.

  • 16/00189 - Hilldown, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU

After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above planning application:

PAR 5 – Happy to accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority’s Officers under their delegated powers provided that there are conditions which ensure that the outbuilding cannot be used as habitable accommodation and never gain permitted use by use in the future. The Clerk is to advise NFNPA accordingly.

Tree Works Applications:

  •  CONS/16/0302 - Hollington, Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE - JC advised that he would look into this application and advise the Clerk if he had any concerns.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications are reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1 and reminded SH and JW of the workshop (Listed Buildings: Design and Conservation) to be held on Tuesday 12th April 2016.

16.59   Roads, hedges & verges:  JC provided an update in relation to the verge protection programme. There was a slight delay with the work starting due to issues with the contractor and some property owners had forwarded concerns directly to the Forestry Commission. The Parish Council supports the works to be undertaken by the Forestry Commission in protecting verges in the local area.

16.60   Parish Lengthsman: The Clerk confirmed that the Parish Lengthsman scheme is to continue in the next financial year. The Parish Lengthsman’s next visit to the village is scheduled to be on 25th April 2016. Tasks mentioned at previous meetings will be included on future worksheets. Clerk is to liaise with JS.

16.61   Cemetery Report:

  • SH led the discussion in relation to unapproved memorials. Photographs of memorials that did not meet the Cemetery Rules were shown to the Councillors. SH confirmed that he had liaised with Ian Newman to see if family members linked to these memorials could be traced and will report back at the next meeting
  • SH confirmed that a test area of grass had now been treated and would report whether it had been successful in reducing moss at the next meeting. The Forestry Commission had cut back overhanging trees although a tree surgeon will be required to cut back the large oak tree. The Clerk is to request that Cutting Edge removes leaves during their next visit.
  • The Clerk confirmed that she had received no new enquiries but was still finding out information in relation to a recent enquiry.

16.62   Annual Inspection of Assets – SH gave an overview in relation to the annual inspection of assets following the approval of the risk assessment at the last meeting.

  • Bus shelter - This had been inspected by SH and no concerns were reported. The maintenance of the bus shelter is an ongoing task on the Parish Lengthsman’s worksheet.
  • Gate and fences - These had been inspected by EH and no concerns reported. The cemetery gate had been repaired and Steel’s Drove is to be replaced in the near future.
  • Seats - These had been inspected by PS and would continue to be monitored. A new slat is required on a cemetery seat and PS will action in due course. Any overhanging trees near benches will also be monitored
  • Reading Room - This had been inspected by VE and found to be in good order. Up to date insurance is in place and an ongoing archiving process is in place to ensure documentation is stored safely. The fire extinguisher is yet to be serviced this year. JW will look into the matter and report back.
  • Cemetery - This had been inspected by SH and no concerns reported.
  • Halls Field - SH advised that he had received a letter from Jack McNulty notifying the Council that a gatepost required repair. This matter will added to the agenda for the next meeting.
  • Defibrillator - JW advised that this was checked on a regular basis by Sue McNulty, First Responder.

16.63   Review of Regulatory Documentation – The Clerk advised that hard copies of draft documentation would be forwarded to all councillors for consideration, prior to approval at the annual meeting.

16.64   Parish Council Annual Meeting and Annual Parish Assembly agendas: Drafts were presented to the Council. It was agreed for the Clerk to contact Craig Daters and ask that his talk at the Annual Parish Assembly encompasses how his role as a ranger affects Woodgreen on a local level. The Clerk is also to contact local organisations to see if they would like to speak at the meeting.

16.65   Training: The Council RESOLVED that the Clerk could attend the HALC Cemetery Management and Compliance workshop to be held on 4th May 2016 at a cost of £100 (+ VAT).

16.66   Correspondence: The Clerk advised that relevant correspondence had been forwarded to councillors as per the correspondence files (Appendix 1) and advised of any recent correspondence received. Consultation periods were highlighted and the Chairman drew their attention to the following:

  • Light aircraft disturbance as reported by Godshill Parish Council. The members felt that they had no concerns to address.
  • It was noted that the police have now forwarded a list of drop in dates at the village shop. JW will forward quarterly dates to the parish magazine and a notice will be displayed in the shop.
  • JS had attended the Full Meeting of NFNPA on 24th March 2016 and his notes from the meeting were added to the correspondence.
  • JC met Sean Marsh, the new trainee estates keeper, at the Inclosure meeting and advised that he is keen to work with the parish council.
  • Clerk is to resend the DCLG consultation document on the proposed detail on neighbourhood planning legislative reforms to the planning committee.
  • JW will attend the Parish Liaison Meeting on 14th April 2016.
  • SH will respond to Natalie Hands, the new community engagement ranger, on behalf of the Parish Council.
  • Clerk is to resend the open letter from the new chief constable to JW.

16.67 Financial report: Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk

  • Income: I N Newman - £200
  • Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for:

            Downton Signs - Anti Dog Fouling and Cemetery signage - £52 (signed prior to the meeting);

Bournemouth Water - Cemetery usage - £14.68; Thirsk Community - Payroll 2015-2016 - £64;    HALC - Officer’s Update on 16th March 2016 - £21; Cutting Edge – Clearing of fly tipping at cemetery - £70 (March 2016); HALC - Affiliation fees and NALC Levy 2016-2017 - £216

The Clerk confirmed that no invoice yet received in relation to the fire extinguisher.

  • External Audit 2015-2016  - The Clerk confirmed that documentation now received and that the annual return must be returned to BDO by 13th June 2016. Internal audit to be organised shortly.

16.68 Meetings attended

JC        07/03/2016 - Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group - The Councillors decided upon distribution areas for the Verge Protection leaflets and agreed that these should be distributed by 17/04/2016. The Clerk will put a copy on the parish council website.

            22/03/2016 - New Forest Inclosures - Forest Design Plan 2016 - Consultation Event

SH       03/03/2016 - New Forest Consultative Panel (attended with EH)

JW       Downton Link - Volunteer drivers required. Contact details are in the parish magazine.

VE       16/03/2016 - Officer’s Update

16.69 Matters to be raised on the next agenda:

  • Welcome Packs
  • NS&I and Santander investments

The meeting ended at 9.40 pm.                                                                                                                            

Date of Parish Council Annual Meeting: Tuesday 3rd May 2016 at 7.30pm

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden,

Email: hello@vickyeden.co.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

NB:       These are draft minutes until approved at next Woodgreen Parish Council Meeting.

 

                               Appendix 1 - Correspondence 02/03/2016 - 05/04/2016

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

02/03/16

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Decisions - 16/00005/LBC - Cedar Cottage, Hale Road, SP6 2AJ - Granted subject to conditions; 16/00004/FULL - Cedar Cottage, Hale Road, SP6 2AJ - Granted subject to conditions

 

02/03/16

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Applications - CONS/16/0189 - Vine Cottage, Brook Lane, SP6 2AZ - Fell 1 x group Fir trees; prune 1 x group Fir trees: Decisions - CONS/16/0067 - Avon Lodge, High Street, SP6 2AU - Raise no objections; R14/15/16/0200 - 1 Nursery Cottages, Hale Road, SP6 2AL - Exempt works

 

03/03/16

Email

NFDC

Hampshire County Council's consultation "Shaping Hampshire"

03/05/16

03/03/16

Email

ICO

March 2016 - latest news from the ICO

 

04/03/16

Email

HALC

HALC March 2016 - E-update

 

04/03/16

Email

Hampshire Alert

Action Fraud Survey

09/03/15

04/03/16

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NEW FOREST NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY 15 March 2016

 

07/03/16

Email

Hampshire Alert

Rogue Traders In The New Forest Area 07/03/2016 13:55:17 [140459]

 

07/03/16

Email

Godshill Parish Clerk

Light Aircraft Disturbance in tranquil areas of National Park

 

08/03/16

Email

HALC

Procurement training - contracts / tendering etc, legislation and options for councils

20/04/16

08/03/16

Email

HALC

NALC Consultation on the new Practitioner's' Guide 2016 - Informal Opportunity To Comment On Draft Practitioners' Guide.   URGENT - SEND YOUR RESPONSE TO ELEANOR GREENE

 

16/03/16

08/03/16

Email

Forestry Commission

Confirmation of New Forest Inclosures Forest Design Plan 2016 Consultation Event 22nd March 2016

15/03/16

08/03/16

Email

Cllr Julia Wilkie

Confirmation of police drop in dates at the village shop

 

08/03/16

Email

HALC

Chairman's Comms Three - Smaller Authorities Audit Appointments update

31/03/16

09/03/16

Email

NFNPA Planning

Decisions - 16/00032/FULL - LEA COTTAGE, WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2AY - Grant Subject to Conditions

 

09/03/16

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

R14/15/16/0209 - SEWAGE FILTER BED, HILL CLOSE, WOODGREEN - Exempt Works

 

09/03/16

Email

Sean Marsh, Forestry Commission

New Trainee Estates Keeper

 

10/03/16

Email

NFNPA 

Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group Meeting minutes 07.03.2016

 

10/03/16

Email

Woodgreen Preschool

Request for link - Parish Council website

 

11/03/16

Email

New Forest Recycling

Easter refuse and recycling collections

 

11/03/16

Email

Neighbourhood Alert

Road Safety Survey

 

11/03/16

Email

HALC

DCLG consultation document on the proposed detail of neighbourhood planning legislative reforms

15/04/16

11/03/16

Email

Wiltshire Council

Wiltshire Draft Revised CIL Regulation 123 List and Planning Obligations SPD Consultation

25/04/16

14/03/16

Royal Mail

NFNPA - Planning

Planning Application 16/00170 - Wild Close, Woodgreen, SP6 2QX

 

16/03/16

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Applications received - 16/00170 - Wild Close, Woodgreen, SP6 2QX

 

16/03/16

Email

NFNPA 

NEW FOREST NATIONAL PARK FULL AUTHORITY MEETING

24/03/16

16/03/16

Email

The Conservation Volunteers

Support for local councils in Hampshire

 

16/03/16

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Verge Protection leaflet - collection

 

17/03/16

Email

NFNPA

NW Quadrant Meeting - 21 March 2016

 

17/03/16

Email

NFNPA

Fordingbridge Health Walks - revised timings

 

17/03/16

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Parish Liaison Meeting 14/04/16

 

18/03/16

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Parish Lengthsman - Scheduled Work Dates

25/04/16

21/03/16

Email

HALC

LAIS1388 Planning Changes

15/04/16

21/03/16

Email

HCC

Hampshire County Council - Your new Community Engagment Ranger - Natalie Hands

 

21/03/16

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Parish Briefing Note 16/00170 WILD CLOSE, WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2QX

12/04/16

22/03/16

Royal Mail

BDO

External Audit Documentation

13/06/16

23/03/16

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Planning Application 16/00189 - Hilldown, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU

 

23/03/16

Royal Mail

NFNPA - Planning

Planning Application 16/00189 - Hilldown, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU  and copies of Parklife Spring/Summer 2016

 

24/03/16

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Lengthsman Scheme 2016/17

 

24/03/16

Email

HIOW Devolution Programme

Hampshire and Isle of Wight Parish and Town Council Devolution workshop - 01.03.2016

 

29/03/16

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Consultation letter - CONS/16/0302 - Fell 3 x Juniper trees, Fell 2 x Oak trees, Fell 2 x Holly trees, Prune 1 x Oak tree - Hollington, Lower Densome Wood, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2BE

21/04/16

30/03/16

Email

HALC

Submitting Motions through the ALC to NALC

 

30/03/16

Email

Forestry Commission

Verge Restoration at Woodgreen - Queries

 

30/03/16

Email

Forestry Commission

Verge Restoration at Woodgreen - Further Queries

 

30/03/16

Email

Hampshire County Council

Hale Bridge, Higher End Lane

 

31/03/16

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Applications - CONS/16/0302 - Hollington, Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE - Fell 3 x Juniper trees, Fell 2 x oak trees, Fell 2 x Holly trees and Prune 1 x oak tree; Decisions - CONS/16/0189 - Vine Cottage, Brook Lane, SP6 2AZ - Raise no objections

 

01/04/16

Email

HALC

HALC April 2016 - E-update

 

01/04/16

Email

HALC

Important details regarding Lobby Day 12th April 2016

 

04/04/16

Email

Hampshire Alert

Open letter from the new Chief Constable

 

04/04/16

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Parish Briefing Note 16/00189 HILLDOWN, WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2QU

 

04/04/16

Email

HCC

New Forest Transport Forum

19th April 2016

04/04/16

Email

NFNPA 

NW Quadrant Meeting - 16th May 2016

 

04/04/16

Email

AONB

Landscapes in Planning

10th May 2016

05/04/16

By Hand

Jack McNulty

Letter re repairs to gatepost

 

 

                         Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

           Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 5th April 2016                                    

 

Total all balances :

£84,210.15

 

 

Balances as at :

 

 

 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 05/04/2015)

 

 

£9,819.06

£51,699.37

 

 

NS&I  (as at 01/01/16)

 

 

 

£22,691.72

 

 

 

Payments since last meetings date:

01-Mar-16

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

849

Cutting Edge

Clearance of tree (February 2016)

£140.00

850

Victoria Eden

4th Quarter's Clerk’s Fees and Expenses

£660.78

851

Downton Signs

Cemetery and anti-dog fouling signage

£52.00

 

Items for payment

 

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

852

Bournemouth Water

Woodgreen Cemetery

£14.68

853

Thirsk Payroll

Payroll preparation April 2015-March 2016

£64.00

854

HALC

Officer's Update 16th March 2016

£21.00

855

Cutting Edge

Clearance of flytipping

£70.00

856

HALC

Affiliation fees and NALC Levy

£216.00

 

Receipts since last meetings date :

01-Mar-16

 

Date

Received From

Details

TOTAL AMOUNT

21/03/16

I N Newman

Burial fees - Mrs A Chitty

£200.00

 

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you