Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 1st March 2016 at 7.30 pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall, Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Pete Skinner (PS), John Clarke (JC), Julia Wilkie (JW) and John Sanger (JS).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and County Councillor Edward Heron (left at 8.58pm)

16.33   Apologies for Absence: Apologies were received from Sue Allpress (SA).  Craig Daters had also advised that he was unable to attend.

16.34   Declarations of interest: JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee.

16.35   Minutes of previous meetings on 02/02/2016: It was then unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

16.36   Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • County Cllr Edward Heron provided an update in relation to horsetail concerns, advising that the village is on schedule to be sprayed in the near future. He will also contact Bob Brown, HCC Highways for a further update.
  • The telephone box appears to be for emergency calls only and the Clerk had contacted BT online to see if the box can be painted.
  • The Clerk confirmed that she was continuing with updates to website (Annual Return 2014-15 to be added). She was now working with the Chairman and storing electronic filing in the Cloud environment.
  • SH provided an update following Dodington Trust meeting held on 12th January 2016. No applications have been received throughout the year and it was agreed that a letter and SH has written to Burgate School making them aware of trust. It was suggested that a similar letter should be sent to the Trafalgar School.
  • The Clerk confirmed that a purchase order had been forwarded to M B Whitlock in relation to Steel’s Drove and work is expected to start in April 2016.

16.37   Public Participation: No members of the public were present.

16.38   Signage – Anti Dog Fouling & Cemetery: SH presented draft designs to the council for its consideration, together with costs. After a short discussion, during which it was agreed that the cemetery signage should be amended slightly and the parish council RESOLVED to purchase 2 x Anti Dog fouling signage at £11 each and 2 x Cemetery Signage at £15 each. SH will order accordingly.

16.39   Annual Litter Picking Day: SH led the discussion, following correspondence received that highlighted future Clean for the Queen activities. The Parish Council agreed that the annual village litter picking event be re-instated and be similar to events that have been held in the past. It was acknowledged that some villagers do regularly tidy the village although it was agreed that there were some problem areas (i.e. roads into Godshill Wood, Hale and Breamore). After consideration, it was agreed that the weekend of 16th - 17th April 2016 would be a suitable date for this year’s annual litter picking activities, Notices are to be placed on the parish noticeboard and in the parish magazine. SH will order relevant equipment from New Forest District Council (NFDC).

16.40   Planning Applications: No applications had been received requiring consideration although the case officer had forwarded an update in relation to 16/00004 - Cedar Cottage, Hale Road. After a short discussion, the members agreed that they were happy with amendments made to the original application and supported the Case Officer’s decision (Grant with conditions)

Tree Works Applications: No applications had been received in time to be added to the agenda although CONS/16/0189  - Vine Cottage, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AZ  - Fell 1 x group Fir trees Prune 1 x group Fir trees  - had been received with a comments deadline of 16th March 2016. EH and JC advised that they had had difficulty opening the application via the email link but would advise Clerk of any concerns in relation to work to be undertaken.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications are reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1. The correspondence received from NFNPA in relation to NPA Planning Workshops for Parish and Town Councils 2016 was considered. SH and JW advised that they would attend the first workshop (Listed Buildings: Design and Conservation) on Tuesday 12th April 2016 and Clerk is to advise NFNPA accordingly. All future workshop dates will be diarised and raised at future meetings.

16.41   Roads, hedges & verges:  EH provided an update in relation to the verge protection programme. On 27th February 2016, a final letter was received from the Forestry Commission which advised licensees of the work to be undertaken. This letter had now been distributed to licensees and some other villagers. Several concerns were raised, including the perceived lack of co-operation between parties, the effectiveness of the materials to be used and the loss of grazing due to tracks getting wider. EH and SH advised that they would raise concerns at the Consultative Panel Meeting on 3rd March 2016. It was agreed that the letter and correspondence maps be displayed on the parish noticeboard - the Clerk is to action accordingly. The Clerk also advised that Breamore School had made aware verbally about the work that is to be undertaken.

16.42   Parish Lengthsman: The Council had not been advised whether there was any further availability of the Parish Lengthsman visiting the village prior to the end of financial year. The Clerk will investigate accordingly and report back to JS. Possible future tasks were considered including the sweeping and clearing of the cemetery path; clearance of brambles in the cemetery grounds; removal of any waste at the cemetery and ditch clearance at Trim’s Drove.

16.43   Cemetery Report:

  • SH provided an update. Following a conversation with Ian Newman, SH had forwarded an email to all members suggesting possible action. After discussion, it was agreed that there should be double spacing between plots on line W until the cemetery is full and that all headstones are to be in line with existing headstones.   The grass was felt to be in poor condition and it was agreed that the Forestry Commission should be contacted regularly to ensure that any overhanging branches are cut back with the aim of reducing moss. The Council then put forward the MOTION of treating a small test area with moss killer with costs not exceeding £50. Five members voted in favour with one member voting against and the motion was RESOLVED accordingly, SH will arrange suitable treatment in due course.  Further actions to improve the condition of the grass were considered but it was agreed to delay any action until next autumn.
  • The Clerk advised that she was aware of four enquiries in relation to the cemetery - one request for a cremation plot although formal documentation had not yet been received; one request for a replacement of a memorial although formal documentation had not yet been received; one request for interment of ashes to be placed in an existing plot; one request for a burial for someone who lived outside of the parish. After discussion, it was agreed that this request did not meet the specified cemetery rules and the clerk is to advise accordingly.

16.44   Risk Assessment – Further to the draft proforma risk assessment being received by the Parish Council at the meeting dated 2nd February 2016, an updated document was presented Council and signed by the Chairman and Clerk. Inspections of Parish Council assets were then arranged as follows and will be confirmed as completed at the April meeting:

JS - Bus shelter; EH - Gate and fences; PS - Seats; SH - Reading Room; Cemetery Committee - Cemetery; EH - Halls Field

16.45   Review of Financial Regulations – The draft financial regulations (based upon the NALC model) were received by the Parish Council for consideration, prior to approval at the annual meeting. The Clerk is to research if further amendments required and report back at the next meeting.

16.46   Review of Council Asset Register – The Council Asset Register was received by the Parish Council for consideration and the Clerk was advised that the Council owns 10 seats not 8 (2 were gifts). The Clerk is to amend the Council Asset Register accordingly.

16.47   Review of Complaints Procedure – The draft Complaints Procedure (based upon the SLCC model) was received by the Parish Council for consideration prior to approval at the annual meeting. The Clerk is to research if further amendments required and report back at the next meeting.

16.48   Annual Parish Assembly: Following a short discussion, it was agreed that the most suitable time and date is 7pm on Tuesday 10th May 2016 and that a suitable speaker is Craig Daters, New Forest Ranger. JW will advise the Village Hall and police accordingly. The Clerk will contact Craig Daters.

16.49   Correspondence: The Clerk advised that relevant correspondence had been forwarded to councillors as per the correspondence files (Appendix 1) and advised of any recent correspondence received. The Chairman drew their attention to the following:

  • Further to February’s meeting and, in light of the fact that no further updates had been received, the Chairman advised members of the Smaller Authorities' Audit Appointment Scheme and gave an overview of the updates from NALC regarding the external audit requirements for 2017.  After a short discussion, it was agreed there is nothing to be gained from opting out of the Smaller Authorities Audit Appointment Scheme.
  • The Clerk advised that she would like to attend the Officer’s Briefing at HALC on 16th March 2016 (Cost of £35 (+ VAT)) and that the costs would be shared with the other parish council that she worked for. The Parish Council agreed that the Clerk should attend this update.
  • JW advised that police drop in dates at the Village Shop would be variable going forwards.
  • JC is to attend the New Forest Inclosures - Forest Design Plan 2016 on 22nd March 2016 and Clerk is to advise NFNPA accordingly.
  • SH will attend the Hale Parish Assembly on 19th April 2016 and Clerk is to advise Hale accordingly.
  • SH will attend the County Service to Celebrate the Queen’s 90th Birthday and Clerk has advised Hampshire County Council accordingly
  • SH has responded to the request from Woodgreen Preschool and has suggested fund raising activities.  Specific requests may be considered by the Council in the future.
  • PS highlighted that there is a damaged drain cover by the cemetery.

16.50 Financial report: Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk

  • Income: No income received
  • Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for:

Cutting Edge – Clearing of tree at cemetery - £140 (February 2016)

Victoria Eden - 4th Quarters Fees and Expenses - £660.78

The Clerk advised that the Parish Council was currently in credit in relation to electricity costs (£10.24) and that she would forward an up to date meter reading to the supplier shortly.

16.51 Meetings attended

            JS - 16th February 2016 – NFNPA Planning Development Control Committee

            VE - 1st March 2016 - HIOW Devolution Workshop

16.52 Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Inspections of Council property and assets undertaken; FOIA Documentation; Parish Assembly Agenda; Standing Orders; Financial Regulations

The meeting ended at 9.45 pm.                                                                                                                            

Date of next meeting: Tuesday 5th April 2016 at 7.30pm

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden,

Email: hello@vickyeden.co.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

NB:       These are draft minutes until approved at next Woodgreen Parish Council Meeting.

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 03/02/2016 - 01/03/2016

 

Date Received

 

Delivery Method

 

Received From

 

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

03/02/16

 

Email

 

NFNPA Planning

Decisions - Avon View, High Street -Application for a certificate of lawful development for a proposed rear single storey rear extension -­ Refuse

 

04/02/16

Email

ICO

February 2016 -­ Launch of data protection self assessment tool for SMEs

 

05/02/16

Email

HALC

HALC February 2016 - E-update

 

05/02/16

Email

Forestry Commission

New Forest Inclosures - Forest Design Plan 2016 - Consultation Event

22/03/16

06/02/16

Email

Hale Parish Council

Annual Parish Assembly - 19 April 2016

 

08/02/16

Email

SLCC

NEC Report

 

08/02/16

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group Meeting 07.03.2016

 

 

08/02/16

 

Email

 

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NEW FOREST NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY 16 FEBRUARY 2016

 

09/02/16

Email

HCC

County Service to Celebrate Her Majesty The Queen's 90th Birthday

29/02/16

15/02/16

Email

NFALC

NFDC - Public Event Notification at SOMERLEY ESTATE - 10/04/2016

10/03/16

15/02/16

Email

HALC

Free Digital Councils Workshop - 18 May 2016, London

 

18/02/16

Email

HIOW Devolution Programme

Hampshire and Isle of Wight Parish and Town Council Devolution Workshop -­01.03.2016

25/02/16

18/02/16

Email

Rotary Club, Fordingbridge

Rotary Club of Fordingbridge Citizen of the Year 2016

31/03/16

18/02/16

Telephone Call

 

Planning concerns re Millersford Lodge

 

19/02/16

Email

Woodgreen Preschool

Grant Aid request

 

19/02/16

Royal Mail

Community First New Forest

New Forest Night Stop

 

22/02/16

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group Meeting 07.03.2016

 

 

22/02/16

 

Email

 

HALC

Dale Valley Training Course Information: Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey & Inspection Course – 15/04/16 - £155

 

22/02/16

Email

HALC

Pensions Summit 11th March

 

24/02/16

Email

NFNPA

NPA Planning Workshops for Parish & Town Councils 2016

 

24/02/16

Royal Mail

Forestry Commission

Verge Protection letters

 

 

26/02/16

 

Email

 

NFDC

New Forest District Council - Information Bulletin ­ February 2016 Edition -­http://www.newforest.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=310 90&p=0

 

 

26/02/16

 

Email

 

HCC

Hampshire County Council - Walking Strategy Publication -­http://www3.hants.gov.uk/transport-­schemes- index/walking­strategy.htm

 

27/02/16

Royal Mail

Forestry Commission

Revised Verge Protection letters

 

29/02/16

Royal Mail

NFNPA Planning

16/00004 ­ Cedar Cottage -­ Revisions

 

 

29/02/16

 

Email

 

NFNPA Treeworks

CONS/16/0189 ­ Vine Cottage, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AZ ­ Fell 1 x group Fir trees Prune 1 x group Fir trees

 

16­Mar-16

29/02/16

Email

HCC

Parish Council Newsletter

 

01/03/16

Email

NFALC

Advance notification of cycling event

9 - 10/04/2016

01/03/16

Email

NFNPA -­Treeworks

R14/15/16/0200 - 1 NURSERY COTTAGES, HALE ROAD,

WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2AL - Exempt Works

 

 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

 

 

 

 

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 1st March 2016                                    

 

 

 

 

 

Total all balances :

£84,862.93

 

 

Balances as at :

 

 

 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 05/04/2015)

 

 

£10,471.84

£51,699.37

 

 

NS&I  (as at 01/01/16)

 

 

 

£22,691.72

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Payments since last meetings date :

2nd February 2016

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

848

Cutting Edge

Two leaf tidies and clearing of brambles (January 2016)

£140.00

 

 

 

 

 

Items for payment

 

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

849

Cutting Edge

Two visits (clearance of fallen tree)

£140.00

850

Victoria Eden

4th Quarter's Fees and expenses

£660.78

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts since last meetings date:

2nd February 2016

 

Date

Received From

Details

TOTAL AMOUNT

 

 

 

 

 

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you