Minutes of the Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall on Tuesday 3rd April 2018 at 7.30pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Sue Allpress (SA), Pete Skinner (PS) and Lance Benest (LB) 

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk)

18.65   Apologies for Absence:Apologies were received and accepted from Cllrs John Sanger (JS) and John Clarke (JC), 

18.66   Declarations of interest: No declarations of interest were declared

18.67   Minutes of previous meeting on 06.03.2018:The previous minutes were reviewed. It was then unanimously RESOLVEDthat these updated minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

18.68   Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Parish Council email addresses - The Chairman and LB advised that their parish council email addresses were now operational. Clerk to liaise with remaining councillors to ensure all members using parish council email addresses by 25th May 2018 to meet with GDPR requirements.
  • Woodgreen Parish Meeting 24th April 2018 - Agenda agreed to be correct and will be published on 12th April 2018.
  • Update in relation to inspection of assets - Maintenance of bus shelter and repair of village benches to be undertaken shortly. Clerk will add to next agenda.
  • Update in relation to Transparency Code Project - Website to be updated with financial information in due course.
  • Update in relation to IT arrangements - LB met with Clerk on 23rd March 2018 and currently awaiting information from website provider.
  • Update in relation to Welcome Packs - The new Welcome Pack is now live and it is anticipated that information will shortly be available on http://www.woodgreencommunityshop.org/, although there may be a website dedicated to Welcome Packs in the near future.
  • Village Litter Pick - 28th-29th April 2018 - Chairman has now contacted volunteers to advise designated areas thus ensuring that the whole village is covered during this event. Rubbish collected may be left behind Woodgreen Community Shop and the members thanked the shop for their co-operation in this matter.

18.69   Public Participation Session:No members of the public were present.

18.70   Planning:

  • Planning Applications: No new applications received
  • Tree Works Applications:
  • CONS/18/0241 - Villhermosa, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ - Prune 1 x Cedar Tree - Deadline for comments 5th April 2018
  • CONS/18/0246 - Finches, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ - Prune 1 x Macrocarpa tree - Deadline for comments 5th April 2018
  • TPO/18/0261 - White Barn, Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU - Prune 1 x Sweet Chestnut tree, Fell 2 x Sweet Chestnut trees - Deadline for comments 11th April 2018
  • CONS/18/0284 - Nuthatch, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ - Prune 1 x Beech tree, Prune 1 x Red Oak tree - Deadline for comments 19th April 2018

After a short discussion, the members agreed that no comments were required in relation to these applications although EH will contact Tree Officer should he have any concerns about work being undertaken in Brook Lane and the surrounding conservation areas.

  • Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that decisions and other information in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4 or contact Clerk.

18.71   Roads & Ditches: 

  • Update and new concerns - The Chairman read out the Forestry Commission written response in respect to the damaged verges near Godshill inclosures. The members felt that the damage had been made by quad bikes and confirmed that the police had been made aware in the past. It was agreed that the Clerk should write back to the Forestry Commission to advise that the parish council remained concerned as the damage is occurring on a frequent basis but would not want verge protection in place as this would not enhance the local area. The members would appreciate the local keeper monitoring the situation, particularly at weekends. This matter will be raised with the police at Woodgreen Annual Meeting on 24th April 2018.

The potholes on High Street and near Breamore railway bridge appear to be getting worse and the

Chairman is to ensure that all potholes are reported correctly online.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in respect of highways online via the Hampshire 

County Council (HCC) website athttp://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblemsor contact Clerk.

  • Retirement of long standing Hampshire Highways contact - The Chairman had forwarded a letter of thanks for Bob Brown’s service to the parish to HCC.

18.72   Hedges and Footpaths:

It was noted that there is still overgrown vegetation on Grace Lane and this is to be monitored accordingly.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via the HCC

website athttps://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or contact Clerk.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20096/unspoilt_landscape/44/litter/2or contact Clerk.

18.73 Parish Lengthsman: The Parish Lengthsman’s last visit to the village was on 26th March 2018. Although JS was not present, it was noted that the lengthsman had had difficulty in clearing excessive vegetation on Halls Field footpath. Clerk is to request worksheet detailing work undertaken from Fordingbridge Town Council. His next visit to the village is on 2nd July 2018 and members were reminded to forward tasks to JS. Members of the public can also forward possible tasks to JS as well. 

18.74   Cemetery Report: 

  • An interment of ashes had taken place on 13th March 2018 and fees received accordingly.
  • The reformatted rules have now been forwarded to SA and all members agreed that these are to be added to the website accordingly.
  • It is hoped that the record keeping project will be fully completed by summer 2018. Progress is to reported at future meetings

18.75   Reading Room: The Chairman read out email correspondence received from the loss adjuster, advising that repair work can now commence following acceptance of estimate received from local contractor. Members agreed that work undertaken must comply with modern building regulations and that this cannot be seen as ‘betterment’. The Clerk had not yet heard from the solicitor who will be working on behalf of both the insurance company and parish council and will chase accordingly.  Clerk will also liaise with HALC to clarify the correct process for the parish council to reclaim VAT in respect of work undertaken (and possible solicitor fees).

The Chairman and EH will now liaise with the chosen local contractor and the NFNPA Conservation and Planning Officers to ensure work undertaken to both the building and roof is both correct and to a high standard.

18.76   Telephone Box: SH gave an update following receipt of design ideas from the volunteers. The members all agreed that they were very happy with the plans for a local history kiosk and would continue to oversee content to ensure that it is relevant to the local village. The members then RESOLVED to pre authorise a budget of up to £200 for the work to be undertaken in the kiosk to a high standard, with durable items being in place. Volunteers are to contact the Chairman and Clerk when funds are required.

18.77   Correspondence:The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

  • 2018 New Forest HLS AGM - EH advised that he would attend this meeting on behalf of the council and the Clerk is to advise the verderers accordingly.
  • There will be a temporary road closure whilst a telegraph pole is being repaired at the entrance to Woodgreen Road from Breamore on 16th May 2018. It is anticipated that this should not take any longer than one working day.
  • Representative from Hale Parish Council to attend Woodgreen Annual Meeting 
  • The HCC training event ‘Town and Parish Councils Event’ will now take place on 16th May 2018
  • External auditor instructions received in respect of 2017-2018 finances.
  • Hale Parish Council’s request for support for the works to the carpark. Clerk to forward to all members.
  • Ground nesting bird posters. Clerk to display on noticeboard and near Densome Corner.
  • Letters of thanks were received from TUFF, New Forest Disability and Woodgreen WI in respect of Grant Aid received. SA advised that the Woodgreen WI Centenary celebrations would be held on 15th August 2018

18.78 Financial report:

The financial statement (Appendix 2) was presented to the members.

a)         Income: I N Newman - £320

b)         Expenditure:  Invoices received since last meeting to be approved & cheques signed: The members RESOLVEDto authorise the following invoices and cheques were drawn up accordingly:

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

957

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for April 2018 (including toner and anti virus protection)

£379.26

958

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

959

HALC

Affiliation fees 2018-2019

£228.00

960

T P Jones & LLP

Payroll costs

£54.00

961

SSE

Electricity costs for Reading Room

£25.17

962

Bournemouth Water Business

Water at cemetery 

(It was agreed that this amount seemed high and water usage is to be monitored)

£43.14

 

18.79   Meetings attended: 

  • SA - 19/03/2018 - Quadrant meeting. A tree works officer attended and reiterated that the NFNPA were always happy for people to contact them in relation to treeworks prior to undertaking any work. See http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/planning_category/tree-work-applications/for more information. The work of the Woodland Trust was also highlighted.
  • SH, LB and VE - 29/03/2018 - GDPR Training            

18.80   Matters to be raised on the next agenda:New community bus service in Woodgreen; Data protection changes

18.81   Date of Next Meeting: Parish Council Annual Meeting -  Tuesday 1st May 2018 at 7.30pm in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall. 

SH closed the meeting at 9.32pm. 

 

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

 

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website:www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

 

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 07.03.2018 - 03.04.2018

 
 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

1

07.03.2018

Email

NFNPA

Date of the next NW Quadrant Meeting - Venue needed

19th March - Ellingham Church Hall

 

2

07.03.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/18/0110 - MERRYTREE COTTAGE, BROOK LANE, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AZ - Raise No Objections

 

 

3

08.03.2018

Email

TUFF

Email of thanks - Grant Aid

 

 

4

09.03.2018

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NFNPA

22.03.2018

 

5

12.03.2018

Email

Cranborne Chase

Dark Night Skies: Achieving Community Benefits - Seminar 20th March

 

 

6

12.03.2018

Email

New Forest Verderers

2018 New Forest HLS AGM

25.04.2018

 

7

12.03.2018

Email

NFALC

HM Govt Cycling Safety Review

 

 

8

13.03.2018

Email

HALC

Annual Conference

21.03.2018

 

9

14.03.2018

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan - April 2018

 

 

10

14.03.2018

Email

NFNPA

Agenda for the NW Quadrant Meeting

19.03.2018

 

11

15.03.2018

Email

HALC

Memorial Service for Honorary Alderman Ken Thornber 26 April

 

 

12

15.03.2018

Email

NFNPA

NFNPA FULL AUTHORITY MEETING

22.03.2018

 

13

15.03.2018

Email

NFDC

Temporary Road Closure Woodgreen Road Breamore

16.05.2018

 

14

15.03.2018

Email

Forestry Commission

Concerns re Joy Riding Drivers near Godshill inclosure

 

 

15

15.03.2018

Email

Verderers

2018 New Forest HLS AGM

25.04.2018

 

16

16.03.2018

Email

NFDC

Changes to the way public notices are published by NFDC

 

 

17

16.03.2018

Email

HALC

Outcome of NALC Policy Committee in relation to on site Parking

 

 

18

20.03.2018

Email

Hale Parish Council

Cllr attending Woodgreen Parish Meeting

 

 

19

20.03.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Tree Planting Co-ordinator

 

 

20

20.03.2018

Email

Chairman

Welcome pack

 

 

21

21.03.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Decisions - 18/00031 - LANGAT HOUSE, WOODGREEN, SP6 2QU - Log Store - Grant Subject to conditions

 

 

22

21.03.2018

Email

Village Resident

Welcome pack

 

 

23

21.03.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/18/0165 - CASTLE RISE, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AX - Raise No Objections

 

 

24

22.03.2018

Royal Mail

Woodgreen WI

Letter of Thanks - Grant Aid

 

 

25

22.03.2018

Email

Freshwater Habitats Trust Project Assistant

Latest freshwater news from New Forest Catchment Partnership

 

 

26

22.03.2018

Email

NFDC

Chairman's Civic Service

29.04.2018

 

27

22.03.2018

Email

HALC

Message from HCC regarding the revised date for Town and Parish Councils’ Event

18.00 - 20.00 16.05.2018

 

28

25.03.2018

Email

Friends of the New Forest

AGM and Members Day

21.04.2018

 

29

28.03.2018

Email

Cranborne Chase

News round up from Cranborne Chase AONB (March 2018)

 

 

30

28.03.2018

Email

PKF Littlejohn

2017/18 AGAR and external auditor instructions - PLEASE READ

 

 

31

28.03.2018

Royal Mail

New Forest Disability

Letter of Thanks - Grant Aid

 

 

32

02.04.2018

Email

Hale Parish Council

Support for the works to the car park

 

 

33

03.04.2018

Royal Mail

Forestry Commission

Ground nesting birds posters

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

 

 

 

 

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 3rd April 2018

 

 

 

 

 

Total all balances :

£86,245.28

 

 

Balances as at :

 

 

 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 01/09/17)

 

 

£10,696.22

£70,431.40

 

 

NS&I (as at 01/01/18)

 

 

 

£5,117.66

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Payments since last meeting date :

6th March 2018

 

Cheque No

Payee

 

TOTAL COST

952

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for March 2018

£342.03

953

Woodgreen WI

Grant Aid

£100.00

954

New Forest Disability

Grant Aid

£25.00

955

TUFF

Grant Aid

£25.00

956

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental Costs

£15.00

 

 

 

 

 

Items for payment

 

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

957

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for April 2018 (including toner and anti virus protection)

£379.26

958

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

959

HALC

Affiliation fees 2018-2019

£228.00

960

T P Jones & LLP

Payroll costs

£54.00

961

SSE

Electricity costs for Reading Room

£25.17

962

Bournemouth Water Business

Water at cemetery

£43.14

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts since last meeting date :

6th March 2018

 

Date

Received From

Details

 

 

I N Newman

Cremation fees

£320.00