Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 2nd August 2016 at 7.30 pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Pete Skinner (PS) (left at 9.28pm), Sue Allpress (SA) & Julia Wilkie (JW).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk)

16.121    Apologies for Absence: Apologies were received from Parish Councillors John Sanger (JS) and John Clarke (JC) and County Councillor Edward Heron

16.122    Declarations of interest: No declaration of interests were declared.

16.123    Minutes of previous meeting on 05/07/2016: It was then unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

16.124    Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Responsibility for producing Woodgreen Welcome Packs - SA provided an update and advised that she had met with David Mussell and Kirsten Davies to discuss the matter. Kirsten is happy to take on the distribution of the packs and SA is creating a provisional list of all items that could be included. This matter is progressing and SA will report further at next meeting.

  • Telephone Box - County Cllr is yet to forward necessary legislation in relation to this matter and Clerk will chase accordingly.

  • Annual service of fire extinguisher. This was undertaken on 6th July 2016 but invoice not yet received. JW has forwarded a letter to Chubb and it is hoped that an invoice will be presented at the next meeting.

16.125    Public Participation: No members of the public were present.

16.126 Report by County Councillor - Not present

16.127    Planning Applications:

  • 16/00577 (Amberleigh House, High Street)

After a short discussion, the parish council asked the Clerk to forward the following comments in relation to the above application:

‘As this is a change of use of an ancillary building we recommend that the application is taken to the full planning committee. We are concerned that in the future this building should not become a separate dwelling in view of similar instances that have occurred in the parish’.

16/00593 (The Meadows, High Street)

After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above application:

PAR 4 - Recommend refusal due to the following concerns:

  1. Effect on the street scene

  2. The proposed work is positioned in front of the building line

  3. Height of roof is felt to be too high

  4. The Parish Council would not want any habitable use on the first floor

  • 16/00583 (Belvedere, High Street)

After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above application:

PAR 5 - Happy to accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority’s Officers under their delegated powers and it is to be noted that one councillor is concerned about the quantity of cladding.

The Clerk is to advise NFNPA accordingly on all three cases.

Tree Works Application:

  • TPO/16/0715 - Foresters, 1 Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE

After a short discussion, the Parish Council agreed that no comments were necessary in relation to this application.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications are reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1. The Clerk has also booked JC to attend the NPA Planning Workshop ‘Trees and the Planning Process’ on Tuesday 20 September 2016, 2pm – 4pm at Lyndhurst Community Centre

16.128    Repairs to Gateposts in Hall’s Field: The Clerk confirmed that guidance had been received from HALC and this was considered by the Council. This guidance confirmed that a grazing licence is in place and that the tenant’s responsibility is to ensure that the field is stock proof. The Council then considered the level of work required. SH advised that he had received a formal quotation of £285 + VAT for repairs to the posts and rails, although the contractor had advised that the work would not be undertaken until October. The members agreed that the repairs should be undertaken and overseen by the Parish Council, although PS will obtain a further quotation from M B Whitlock prior to agreeing action at the next meeting.

16.129    Verge Protection Programme: EH provided an update. As yet, the work in relation to ditching and banking has not commenced and there has been no further correspondence for EH to follow up. Suggestions for aspirations for the Western Escarpment Steering Group are to be collected and forwarded to JC.

16.130    Roads & Ditches:  

SH provided a short report. Some repairs have been undertaken, including the potholes along Breamore Road. Parishioners were reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems. The Clerk was also asked to contact Breamore Parish in relation to the Breamore Arch as the road is becoming too narrow and may become dangerous.

16.131    Hedges and Footpaths

EH provided an update in relation to Trims Drove and confirmed that repairs will be undertaken shortly. It was noted that some hedges had become overgrown and SH would speak to those residents whose hedges were causing concern.

16.132 Parish Lengthsman: The Parish Lengthsman visited the village on 25th July 2016 and the Parish Council are very happy with the level of work undertaken. It was suggested that the Lengthsman can also provide a quote in relation to the repairs at Hall’s Field which will be considered at the next meeting

16.133    Cemetery Report:

  • SH provided an update. The cemetery committee met on 15th July 2016 to discuss record keeping and a further meeting will be held in due course. Two concerns were brought to the Council’s attention. The Clerk is to write to one parishioner to confirm the Council’s permission in relation to a transfer of Exclusive Right of Burial.  Also the Clerk is to contact Cutting Edge to confirm that the members are happy for a parishioner to contact them directly in relation to work being undertaken to an individual grave.

  • The Clerk confirmed that Community Payback is to forward available dates for the maintenance of the cemetery railings and a Probation agreement for the Council to consider in due course.

  • The Clerk confirmed that she has given Cutting Edge contact details to the lady who asked about the maintenance of individual graves.

16.134    Correspondence: The Clerk advised that relevant correspondence had been forwarded to councillors as per the correspondence files (Appendix 1) and advised of any recent correspondence received. Consultation periods were highlighted and the Chairman drew their attention to the following:

  • The query in relation to reletting the Reading Room was discussed although it was felt to be inappropriate as there would insurance implications and it was also noted that Council papers were stored in the premises.

  • SH and EH confirmed that they would attend the workshop for Parish and Town Councils: 'The Future of Local Government in Hampshire in Ringwood 14th September 2016. Clerk to advise accordingly.

  • NFDC Local Plan Review - Part 1. This report was briefly discussed as Woodgreen residents will be affected by developments in local towns and villages and the deadline for comments (16th September 2016) was noted. This matter is to be added to the agenda for the next meeting.

  • The Wiggle New Forest 100 Sportive Cycling event on Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th September 2016 was highlighted as a large number of cyclists will be coming through the village. The Clerk will update the noticeboard with the route to be taken and further information in relation to this event can be found at: http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events/wiggle-new-forest-100-sportive/

16.135 Training: The Parish Council RESOLVED that the Clerk could attend the following training:

  • Budgeting Hints & Tips - Tuesday 27th September, 10.00-15.00 - Eastleigh - £75 +VAT (costs to be shared with the other parish council that the Clerk is employed by)

  • Officers’ Update 19 October 2016 £ 35 + VAT (costs to be shared with the other parish council that the Clerk is employed by)

The Clerk also advised that a HALC session on ‘The Knowledge’ was being organised locally by another parish council and will enquire whether Woodgreen Parish members are able to attend. It was noted that the promotion of local parish councils working more closely together would be of benefit to local villages and the Clerk is to research further.

16.136 Financial report: Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk.

  • Income: VAT Reclaim 2015-2016 £174.94

  • Expenditure: The following cheque was approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2):

Cutting Edge - £140

As yet, an invoice not received from Chubb

  • Annual Return 2015-2016 - Costs of £30 have been incurred due to a query in relation to the Fixed Asset Register and this concern has been noted for future returns.

16.137 Meetings attended:  

  • PS - 18th July 2016 - NW Quadrant Meeting

  • EH had also attended a meeting in Hale in relation to the Visual Impact Provision by National Grid

  • EH advised that he will try to attend the New Forest Consultative Panel on 1st September 2016 as SH unable to attend

16.138 Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Fireproof cabinet; NFDC Local Plan Review - Part 1

16.139 Resolution Relating to Confidential Nature: A resolution was passed in accordance with Standing Order 2d that in view of the special or confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest that the press and public be temporarily excluded. No members of the public were present.

16.140    Clerk’s Appraisal: SH provided an update in relation to the staff appraisal that was undertaken on 1st August 2016 and advised that the Council was happy with the work undertaken by the Clerk to date. It was noted that the Clerk’s workload has been steadily increasing (particularly due to the increase in electronic communications) and, following a three month audit of hours worked, the current 22 hours per month were not sufficient to cover all tasks undertaken. After looking at the 2016-2018 National Salary Award forwarded by NALC, it was further considered that revisions were required to the Clerk’s current pay scale.

After a discussion, the following motion was RESOLVED by the Parish Council:

The Clerk is to be placed at SCP 19 - £9.647 as from April 2016 to cover the period April 2016 to July 2016. As from August 2016, the Clerk is to be placed at SCP 20 - £9.999 with hours increasing to 27 hours per month with future salary payments to be paid on a monthly basis.

The Clerk is to contact Thirsk to amend payroll details accordingly.                                                                                                                                                                                                               

The meeting ended at 9.30pm.    

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 6th September 2016 at 7.30pm. SH apologies were noted for both the September and October meeting.

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

NB:       These are draft minutes until approved at next Woodgreen Parish Council Meeting.

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 05/07/2016 - 02/08/2016

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

1

6-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA

National Grid proposal to underground existing overhead line at Hale

 

2

6-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

Advice re Hall's Field

 

3

6-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA

FULL AUTHORITY MEETING 14 JULY 2016

 

4

6-Jul-2016

Email

Chubb

Inspection Certificate re annual service of fire extinguisher

 

5

6-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

Letter from James Wharton MP - Devolution

 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

6

7-Jul-2016

Tel

Godshill Parish Council

Concerns re Verge Protection Programme

 

7

7-Jul-2016

Tel

Resident

Query re hiring Reading Room

 

8

7-Jul-2016

Email

ICO

ICO e-newsletter - July 2016

 

9

8-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA

New Forest National Park - Enforcement & Trees - Wild Close and Quarterly Report

 

10

8-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NEW FOREST NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY 19 JULY 2016

 

11

8-Jul-2016

Email

NFALC

NFALC Agenda - 21.07.16

 

12

11-Jul-2016

Email

Fordingbridge Community First Responders

Fordingbridge residents become lifesavers with Call Push Rescue

 

13

11-Jul-2016

Email

NFDC

Show business of a different kind from New Forest District Council

 

14

12-Jul-2016

Email

NFDC

Sparks will fly on New Forest District Council’s stand at this year’s New Forest Show

 

15

12-Jul-2016

Email

NFDC

Go-ahead for ambitious New Forest seafront scheme

 

16

12-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

Budgeting Hints & Tips - Tuesday 27th September, 10.00-15.00 - Eastleigh

 

17

12-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

A great new funding opportunity - Big Lottery Fund

 

18

13-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA Planning

Decision - 16/00411/FULL - Woodgreen Methodist Church - Change of use to holiday accommodation - Grant subject to conditions

 

19

13-Jul-2016

Email

NFDC

Invitation to Freedom of the District Ceremony - 25 September 2016

27-Jul-2016

20

13-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

Section 5 of Governance & Accountability

 

21

13-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

NALC's Model Financial Regulations updated May 2016

 

22

13-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

IMPORTANT - September Workshops for Parish and Town Councils: 'The Future of Local Government in Hampshire - Ringwood 14th September 2016

5th August 2016

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

23

13-Jul-2016

Email

HCC

New Grant Scheme available to Rural Retailers!

 

24

13-Jul-2016

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

CANCELLED Parish Liaison Meeting 14th July 2016

 

25

14-Jul-2016

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council - Local Plan Review

 

26

14-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA

Date of NW Quadrant Meeting 18/07/2016

 

27

14-Jul-2016

Email

Forestry Commission

Forestry at Turfhill

 

28

15-Jul-2016

Email

NFDC

Local plan review - opportunity to comment on proposals

 

29

15-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

**PRESS RELEASE** Hampshire and Isle of Wight's Village of the Year sponsored by Fuller's Brewery

 

30

18-Jul-2016

Email

Hale Resident

2nd Letter re Dragons Teeth at Densome Corner

 

31

19-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA

Parish Briefing Note 16/00577 AMBERLEIGH HOUSE, HIGH STREET, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AR

16th August 2016

32

19-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA

NPA Planning Workshops for Parish & Town Councils 2016 - Trees and the Planning Process

20 September 2016

33

19-Jul-2016

Email

NFDC

Eling Experience project now on track

 

34

20-Jul-2016

Email

NFALC

REMINDER - NFALC AGM - 21 JULY 2016

 

35

20-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA

Date of the next NW Quadrant Meeting 19/09/2016

5th September 2016

36

20-Jul-2016

Email

NFALC

An event plan for a non-competitive cycling sportive taking place on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September 2016.

 

37

20-Jul-2016

Email

NFALC

NFDC - Public Event Notification at Street Record, New Forest District - 02/09/2016

15th August 2016

38

21-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA -Treeworks

TPO/16/0715 - Foresters, 1 Lower Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2BE - Prune 1 x Oak tree

Fell 1 x Sycamore tree

17th August 2016

39

21-Jul-2016

Email

NFDC

Councillor looks forward to new homes for local people

 

40

27-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA -Treeworks

Decisions - Cons/16/0627 - Hartfield - Grant; Cons/16/0656 - Silver Birches - Raise no objections

 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

41

27-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

The Future of Local Government in Hampshire - September Workshops For Parish and Town Councils REMINDER

5th August 2016

42

27-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

Message from the Leader of Hampshire County Council - Serving Hampshire consultation

 

43

28-Jul-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Parish Briefing Note 16/00583 BELVEDERE, HIGH STREET, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AU

18th August 2016

44

28-Jul-2016

Email

HCCl

Your Hampshire

 

45

28-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

Village of the Year Finalists Instructions

 

46

29-Jul-2016

Email

HALC

Hampshire ALC Parish and Town Council Awards 2016

 

47

29-Jul-2016

Email

Fordingbridge First Responders

Fordingbridge Responders hand over another defibrillator

 

48

29-Jul-2016

Email

HCC

News for Local Councils

 

49

1-Aug-2016

Email

NFDC

Information Bulletin - July 2016 - http://newforest.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=32203&p=0

 

50

1-Aug-2016

Email

NFDC

NFDC helped local businesses grow at New Forest Show

 


 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 2nd August 2016

       
 

Total all balances :

£85,009.44

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at May 2016)

 
 

£27,769.11

£52,240.33

 
 

NS&I (as at 27/06/16)

   
 

£5,000.00

   
       
       
 

Payments since last meetings date :

5-Jul-2016

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

869

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut & strim cemetery plus cutting of brambles

£170

870

HALC

Introduction to Appraisals

£42.00

CHAPS PAYMENT

Santander

To bring balance to £70000 - Withdrawal from NS&I (Not yet confirmed)

£17,759.67

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

871

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut & strim cemetery

£140.00

872

Chubb

Annual service of fire extinguisher (Not yet received)

TBC

       
 

Receipts since last meetings date :

5-Jul-2016

 

Date

Received From

Details

TOTAL AMOUNT

19-Jul-2016

HMRC

VAT reclaim 2015-2016

£174.94

       

 

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you