Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 4th August 2015 at 7.30 pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), John Clarke (JC), Pete Skinner (PS), Sue Allpress (SA) and Julia Wilkie (JW)

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk)

1. Apologies for Absence: 

Received and approved for John Sanger (JS)

2. Declarations of interest: 

No declarations were declared

3. Minutes of previous meetings on 07/07/2015:

It was unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

4. Matters arising from previous minutes: 

  • Affordable Housing – Desmond Swayne, MP, taking up with minister following letter received. Clerk to forward email of thanks and advise that parish council awaiting response.
  • Clerk had liaised with former Clerk, Dot Wagg, in relation to duplicate poles and had been advised that workman had been seen in the village. Some still seem to be in place and clerk to investigate with JS.
  • Contact now nominated for Woodgreen Parish Council and forwarded to Pensions Regulator
  • JW advised that pre-school had not yet been in contact with the Village Hall Committee.

5. Public Participation:

No members of the public were present.

6. Planning Application:

15/00460 New Forest Close, Woodgreen Common Road, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU - Erection of replacement garden building for incidental residential uses incl. store, workshop, office, gym and WC after removal of existing storage building.

After a short discussion, the following recommendation was RESOLVED:

To recommend REFUSAL (PAR 4) as the outbuilding could constitute a separate habitable unit in view of its overall size and the inclusion of a w/c and shower facilities.

15/00480, Hollybush, Upper Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU - Extension, Loft Conversion and Associated Alterations

After a short discussion, the following recommendation was RESOLVED:

To recommend REFUSAL (PAR 4) as the application exceeds the 30% rule (DP12) and the Council agreed that the alteration would be visually detrimental to the local area. It was agreed that the Conservation Officer should approve any future application. This application has since been withdrawn.

Tree Works Applications:

CONS/15/0653, The Gateway, Woodgreen, SP6 2BB

CONS/15/0658, Avonside, High Street, Woodgreen, SP6 2AU

CONS/15/0664, Iona, Merrie Gardens, Woodgreen, SP6 2AT (NB trees not on property of applicant)

After a short discussion, it was agreed that the decisions for all recent tree works applications should be left to the Tree Officer as there were no objections from the council.

Treeworks Decisions as advised by NFNPA

CONS/15/0585, Crofters, Hale Road, Woodgreen, SP6 2AJ – Raised no objections

Other Planning Matters: Enforcement Investigations as advised by NFNPA

QU/15/0146 – Castle Cottage, Castle Hill, Woodgreen, SP6 2AX – Further investigation being conducted

CM/15/0130 – Woodley, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ – Condition awaiting discharge

QU/15/0127 - Walbrook, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ – Retrospective application invited

QU/15/0092 – Crofters, Hale Road, Woodgreen, SP6 2AJ – Further investigation being conducted

7. Broadband update: 

Cllr Hollinghurst provided a short update. The administrative error relating to the wayleave application has now been corrected and the matter is progressing.

8. Lengthsman:

JS met Marcus for an informal visit on 10th July 2015 to discuss potential tasks. The next visit to the village will be on 7th September and Clerk will liaise with JS so that a worksheet is forwarded 2 weeks in advance. The Chairman is to be copied in when worksheets forwarded. Clerk contacted Fordingbridge Town Council for details of work already undertaken in Woodgreen and details forwarded to parish council accordingly. Clerk advised that she has not yet received invoice in relation to hire of mini digger (£120) from the previous Parish Lengthsman, Robert Heron.

10. Correspondence:

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

09/07/15

Email

NFNPA

Annual Authority Meeting

16/07/15

09/07/15

Email

Lisa Crouch, NFNPA

Western Escarpment Steering Group - Note of Meeting 06/07/2015, draft verge protection leaflet and template for nominating verge sites

 

13/07/15

Email

HALC

Deadline to Village of the Year entries

31/07/15

15/07/15

Email

Cllr Edward Heron

Promotion of minibus for hire from Fordingbridge & District Community Association

 

15/07/15

Email

Cllr Edward Heron

Further information in relation to LGBCE Review of HCC

03/08/15

16/07/15

Email

Desmond Swayne, MP

Confirmed that letter re affordable housing to be taken up with minister

 

16/07/15

Email

Steve Avery, NFNPA

NPA Training Event for Parish Councils – Clerk to advise that SH, JC, JW, EH & VE to attend

Training date 22/09/2015 pm

17/07/15

Email

Ringwood Foodbank

Launch of Ringwood Foodbank in Fordingbridge on 24th August 2015

 

21/07/15

Email

Sovereign

Playground brochure

 

21/07/15

Email

Catherine Tattersall

Sighting of Forestry Commission picking ragwort around village

 

22/07/15

Email

Cllr Edward Heron

Information relating to Traffic Management Agency

 

23/07/15

Email

NFNPA

Enforcement Investigation - Walbrook, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ

 

24/07/15

Email

NFALC

Daytime & night time closures on A338

From 06/09/2015 for six weeks

24/07/15

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Notes of Parish Liaison Meeting 16/07/2015

Next meeting scheduled for 15/10/15

24/07/15

Email

Mandy Ware, HCC

Decision not to proceed re Downton to Godshill cycle route

 

26/07/15

Email

Rural Services Network

Request to complete survey

 

31/07/15

Email

NFDC

Consultation – Review of Taxi Licensing Policy

23rd October 2015

10. Roads, hedges & verges:  

JS and Clerk met with Bob Brown (HCC) on 28th July 2015. The following items were discussed:

  • Flood risk management leaflets have previously been given to the Parish Council but can be found at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/landowners-flood-risk-guidance-leaflet.pdf and in the village shop.
  • Bob Brown noted that jetter required by cover near Red House
  • Ditch at the end of Grace Lane - Bob Brown to arrange for statistics to be given to Marcus Noke, Parish Lengthsman
  • Pothole near Squirrels to be monitored
  • Jetter has been provisionally booked for Brook Lane (12th August 2015 onwards)
  • All potholes marked are registered to be done
  • Cattle grid has been made safe and job request raised regarding fencing.
  • Parish Council to flag up if ditches/hedges coming into village from Breamore cause any nuisance. The process is that HCC will take photos, job will be costed accordingly, landowner will then contacted and given 4 weeks to put right. EH to investigate further in relation to current concerns.
  • Issue of Horsetail is to be taken up with Cllr Edward Heron
  • Any ditch clearance will be reactive rather than proactive.
  • Ragwort clearance – HCC to be contacted if on Highways or Forestry Commission if on land.

PS raised concern that gulley on Woodgreen Common Road (opposite Hill Close Road) is not effective as rainwater is not draining into it. SA advised that gate by Breamore Lane cattle grid has dropped. Clerk to advise Bob Brown.

EH suggested that there should be three cuts each year to the vegetation by the footpath by the shop and Hill Close Road. Clerk to contact Cutting Edge to find out potential costs or include on lengthsman’s list.

11. Cemetery Report:

SA advised that feedback from seminar had been presented at a previous meeting but reiterated that vigorous record keeping should be adhered to in relation to the cemetery. The Parish Council agreed that a sub-committee should be formed relating to cemetery matters with SA, JW and SH as members. The first meeting of the Cemetery sub-committee is provisionally scheduled for Tuesday 13th October 2015 (3pm). SH is continuing mapping work at the cemetery.

12. Financial report: 

  • Income: No income received since last meeting
  • Expenditure: The following cheque was approved and signed for: £140 (Cutting Edge - cemetery)
  • Change of signatories for all accounts:  The relevant forms were completed for Lloyds Bank, Santander and NSI. Clerk to ensure changes are to be actioned accordingly.

13. Meetings attended: 

  • PS        Parish Liaison Meeting 16/07/2015 – an overview was given in relation to the Crime Report. The Council was reminded about signing up to the Hampshire Alert Email Service at www.hampshirealert.co.uk. JW to confirm dates when police hold drop in sessions at the local shop.
  • JC        Advised that site meeting with verderers had not yet taken place.
  • EH       No contact yet from Hale in relation to joint venture.

14. Matters to raised on the next agenda:

  • SH      To consider provision of a car park at Densome Corner.
  • SA       Record keeping to be updated as to the location of keys
  • EH       Gate requires repair at top of Steels Drove.

The meeting ended at 9.27pm.                                                                                                                             

Date of next meeting: Tuesday 1st September 2015 at 7.30pm

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden,

Email: hello@vickyeden.co.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

 

   
   
   

NB:  These are draft minutes until approved at next Woodgreen Parish Council Meeting                                              

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you