Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 7th February 2017 at 7.30pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), John Clarke (JC), Pete Skinner (PS) and Sue Allpress (SA)

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk),

17.19 Apologies for Absence: Received from Julia Wilkie (JW), John Sanger (JS) and County Cllr Edward Heron

17.20 Declarations of interest: JC in relation to CONS/17/0058

17.21 Minutes of previous meeting on 10/01/2017: Following a review of the previous minutes dated 10th January 2017 it was agreed to further clarify the precept request as discussed at the last meeting due to the loss of the discretionary grant (please see 17.36). It was then unanimously RESOLVED that these minutes be accepted as an accurate record & were duly signed by SH.

17.22 Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Halls House rear fencing - EH advised that workmen had been seen in the grounds but the council had not yet received confirmation that the repairs had been undertaken.

  • Archiving process and fire proof cabinet - The Clerk advised that she had started to forward archiving to Hampshire County Council Records Office. It is anticipated that all minutes and financial records up to 2010 will be forwarded to the Records Office by the end of February and the Clerk will then hold records for 6 years, archiving on an annual basis. This should negate the need for a large fire proof cabinet and the clerk will research costs of a smaller cabinet prior to the next meeting and contact County Cllr Heron to see if any grant monies are available. It is hoped that the Village Hall should also be able to forward documentation to the records office and the clerk will liaise directly with the Village Hall committee.

  • Clerk had spoken to Sarah Kelly at NFNPA in relation to an overview relating to light pollution concerns in the National Park for inclusion in the parish magazine. However, following a short discussion, the members agreed that the Parish Council should ask residents to be mindful when purchasing security lights because of the impact that they may have on neighbouring properties and light pollution in the New Forest.

17.23 Public Participation: No members of the public present.

17.24 Report by County Councillor - County Councillor not present

17.25 Planning Applications: No planning applications have been received

Tree Works Applications:  

  • TPO/17/0035 - Prune 1 x Oak tree, Prune 1 x Turkey Oak tree, Prune 1 x Maple tree, Fell 3 x Spruce trees - Silver Cloud, 9 Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE;

  • TPO/17/0036 - Fell 1 x Conifer tree - Fairwynds, Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE;

  • CONS/17/0041 - Fell 2 x Poplar tree, Fell 1 x Larch tree, Fell 1 x Oak tree, Pollard 1 x Ash tree - Long Orchard, Woodgreen Common Road, SP6 2BQ;

  • CONS/17/0058 - Fell 1 x Ash tree - Hawkswood House, Castle Hill, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AX;

  • TPO/17/0059 - Fell 2 x Birch trees - Hilldown, Densome Wood, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2QU

  • CONS/17/0084 - Coppice 2 x Holly trees, Fell 2 x Silver Birch trees, Fell 1 x Sweet Chestnut tree, Prune 1 x Yew tree, Prune 2 x Holly trees, Fell 1 x Holly tree, Pollard 1 x Holly tree, Prune 2 x Laburnum trees - The Birches, Warren Copse, SP6 2QX

After a short discussion, the Parish Council agreed that no comments were necessary in relation to these tree applications.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1. The Clerk confirmed that JC had been booked onto the Enforcement workshop on 22nd March 2017 and would also book SH. EH and SA onto the workshop.

17.26 Verge Protection Programme: SH provided an overview of the recent meetings and correspondence with the Forestry Commission and Verderers and the many concerns raised by councillors and members of the public. The authorities confirmed that the work sought to protect the New Forest and that they wanted to encourage parking in the 137 car parks already provided throughout the New Forest and not at other entrances to the forest or on the verges. They have however (a) re-opened the Godshill Pit car park early and will be monitoring its use, (b) agreed to remove all the brick rubble unearthed by the new ditches in the Godshill Inclosure drove road, (c) agreed to make pedestrian crossing points to the ditching around Woodgreen Common and (d) will fill in the ditches at the pedestrian and equestrian entrance just above the cemetery in the Godshill Inclosure drove road as early as possible and the Parish Council will monitor that these proposals are carried out. The Forestry Commission are also looking at making some improvements in access to the main cycle track which runs from the Godshill Inclosure drove road to the keeper’s cottage for horse riders, pedestrians and car owners and will report back to the council.

17.27 Roads & Ditches: SH advised that Bob Brown, Hampshire Highways, had contacted him in relation to the vegetation (both in the verges and under bridges) on the road to Breamore and all the most dangerous areas have been highlighted including some in the neighbouring parish. PS has tried to clean the ‘Woodgreen’ sign coming into the village from Breamore and he and EH will assess what’s needed to repair it. It was also noted that an overgrown bramble near Dodgson Close was becoming a concern which SH and PS will attempt to trim back. The ongoing problems with the drain near the end of Lower Common Road were raised again and Clerk will contact Bob Brown in relation to all concerns accordingly. Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

17.28 Hedges and Footpaths: One of the rotten sleepers on the footpath through Lower Densome Wood to Higher End Farm has now been reported. Footpath cutting list for 2017 has also been forwarded to HCC. SH confirmed that he had now asked an owner for vegetation to be cut in the High Street. The members reiterated that the Parish Council would be pleased if householders would trim hedges back on all highways and rights of way so that there is clear passage for both vehicles and pedestrians and to complete any work before the bird nesting season.

17.29 Parish Lengthsman:  Due to the absence of JS, this matter was not discussed in detail, although it was noted that JS will provide a report at the next meeting to confirm work undertaken on the parish lengthsman’s last visit to the village on 16th January 2017.

17.30 Cemetery Report: No invoice has been received as yet from Community Payback nor has a response been received as yet from I N Newman in relation to the condition of the gate and Clerk will continue to chase accordingly. PS advised that he will liaise with SH and look into the repairs of the seat, box containing vegetation cuttings and gate - at present, there is a concern that access may be not sufficient for disabled people. A further Cemetery Committee meeting is to be held in due course to ensure that record keeping is in line with regulations.

Two cemetery enquiries have been received. The interment of ashes in an existing parents’ cremation plot (B16) was approved and the request to confirm location of grave was briefly discussed. Cutting Edge also confirmed that no further cutting required at present.

17.31 Adoption of Telephone Box: The Clerk provided an update advising that the parish council insurance would increase approximately by £5 a year if the telephone box was adopted and confirmed that public liability insurance was already in place via the existing policy. SH advised the members of the two options for electricity supply as advised by BT and EH and JC confirmed that they would inspect the telephone box to establish its overall condition and future maintenance costs. Possible uses were discussed, including a book exchange for the village, but it was agreed that the matter should be raised at the parish assembly to establish parishioners’ views. The Clerk was asked to contact BT to advise that the Council is considering adopting the telephone box.

17.32 Register of Community Assets: JC led the discussion, forwarding a draft application to members for their consideration prior to discussing the pros and cons of creating such a register. The following motion was then RESOLVED by the Parish Council:

To create a Register of Community Assets which would include The Horse and Groom (public house in Woodgreen) as an asset of community value.

Nomination form is to be completed and forwarded by the Clerk accordingly.

17.33 Risk Assessment - The draft updated risk assessment was received by the Parish Council and is to be considered prior to its approval at the next meeting. Inspections of Parish Council assets were then arranged as follows and will be confirmed as completed at the March meeting:

JS -- Bus shelter; PS ­- Seats; SA and SH ­- Reading Room; Cemetery Committee ­- Cemetery; EH - Halls Field (including gates, fences and permissive footpath); EH and JC - Telephone Box

17.34 Annual Parish Assembly - After a short discussion it was agreed for the Clerk to contact Woodgreen Village Hall to see if it was available on 9th May 2017 for the Woodgreen Parish Assembly, with the Parish Council Annual Meeting to be held on 2nd May 2017. Possible speakers were suggested (including Friends of the New Forest, National Rivers Authority and AONB - Cranborne Chase) and Clerk is to research and report back at the next meeting.

17.35 Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

  • Hale Parish Assembly is noted as being held on 25th April 2017 and SH advised that he would attend on behalf of Woodgreen Parish Council.

  • The deadline for comments for the Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group Clinical Services Review was highlighted as 28th February 2017

  • The nearest Police and Crime Commissioner Rural Communities Matter Conference was noted as being held on 11th February 2017.

17.36 Financial report: Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk.

●      Income: NS&I - £93.66 Interest. The clerk confirmed that precept request had been acknowledged and reiterated there was no longer a discretionary grant available - this meant that the precept had actually increased by £490.00.

●      Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2).

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

897

Victoria Eden

Clerk's February's fees and expenses (including

toner)

£328.97

898

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut & strim cemetery

£140.00

899

J Harron

New cheque as previous cheque was made out to

Thirsk Payroll incorrectly

£77.00

 

  • Grant Aid Requests - The Clerk confirmed that requests for Grant Aid had been received throughout the year from the following charities: New Forest Disability, Victim Care Support, Woodgreen Preschool and TUFF. Following a discussion, the parish council RESOLVED that the following organisations would receive Grant Aid as detailed below as villagers were currently

benefiting from their services and the funds would help the organisations to continue with their work:    

Woodgreen Preschool                                £  125

New Forest Disability                                £    25

  • Pensions Regulator – The Clerk confirmed that the Compliance Declaration is due to be completed by 31st March 2017

17.37 Meetings attended:

    JS     - 30/01/2017 Quadrant Meeting (leaflets were distributed to members)

    SH/JC    - 07/02/2017 Meeting with Forestry Commission and Verderers re verge protection programme

    JC    - 19/01/2017 Meeting with Forestry Commission re verge protection programme

17.38 Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Completion and approval of Risk Assessment, review of Standing Orders, review of Financial Regulations, safety of horses, up to date budget

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 7th March 2017 at 7.30pm. JC forwarded his apologies for this meeting.

SH closed the meeting at 9.54pm.

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

 

Appendix 1 – Correspondence 10/01/2017 – 07/02/2017

Ref.

Date

Received

Delivery

Method

Received

From

Details

Meeting date /

Deadline /

Consultation Period

1

10/01/2017

Email

Friends of the

New Forest

New Forest Association News

 

2

11/01/2017

Email

HALC

Training events

 

3

11/01/2017

Email

Cranborne

Chase AONB

Cranborne Chase AONB Annual Forum

02/03/2017

4

11/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

Decisions - TPO/16/1285 - Greycott, 2 Lower

Densome Wood, SP6 2BE - Fel x 1 oak - Grant

 

5

11/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Planning

Appeal Decision - EN/16/0020 - Wild Close,

Woodgreen Common Road, SP6 2QX - This

Appeal has been dismissed.

 

6

12/01/2017

Email

Hampshire

Alert

Rural Communities Matter Conferences

 

7

12/01/2017

Email

NFNPA

NFNPA FULL AUTHORITY MEETING

19 JANUARY 2017

 

8

13/01/2017

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan - February 2017 - http://www.newforest.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id

=460&p0

 

9

13/01/2017

Email

Family

member

Query re location of grave

 

10

16/01/2017

Email

HALC

Help your community have their say on policing

budget

 

11

16/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Planning

NPA Planning Workshops for Parish & Town

Councils - Enforcement - 22/03/2017

06/03/2017

12

16/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

TPO/17/0035 - Prune 1 x Oak tree, Prune 1 x Turkey

Oak tree, Prune 1 x Maple tree, Fell 3 x Spruce trees -

Silver Cloud, 9 Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE

13/02/2017

13

16/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

TPO/17/0036 - Fell 1 x Conifer tree - Fairwynds,

Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE

13/02/2017

14

17/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

CONS/17/0041 - Fell 2 x Poplar tree, Fell 1 x Larch

tree, Fell 1 x Oak tree, Pollard 1 x Ash tree - Long

Orchard, Woodgreen Common Road, SP6 2BQ

13/02/2017

15

18/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

CONS/17/0045 - Fell 3 x Silver Birch trees, Prune 2 x

Sweet Chestnut trees, Prune 3 x Holly trees, Prune 1 x

Yew tree - The Birches, Warren Copse, SP6 2QX

14/02/2017

16

18/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/16/1296 - Willows, High Street,

SP6 2AU - Raise no objections

 

17

18/01/2017

Email

NFDC

Universal Credit rolls-out across district

 

18

18/01/2017

Email

Hampshire

Alert

Warning From Hampshire Trading Standards Service -

Unsolicited Doorstep Calls

 

19

18/01/2017

Email

Fordingbridge

resident

Re: Dragons' teeth encircling Wood Green and

Godshill Wood

 

20

18/01/2017

Email

NFNPA

Make your village hall warmer! Action Hampshire

audits

 

21

19/01/2017

Email

Freshwater

Habitats Trust

WaterNews: New Forest Catchment Partnership

Newsletter

 

22

19/01/2017

Email

Woodgreen

resident

Concern re ice on Lower Common Road

 

23

19/01/2017

Email

Downton

resident

Further concerns re Verge Protection Programme

 

24

20/01/2017

Email

Civic Voice

Civic Update

 

25

21/01/2017

Email

Hampshire

County

Council

Your Hampshire

 

26

23/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

CONS/17/0058 - Fell 1 x Ash tree - Hawkswood

House, Castle Hill, SP6 2AX

20/02/2017

27

23/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

TPO/17/0059 - Fell 2 x Birch trees - Hilldown,

Densome Wood, SP6 2QU

20/02/2017

28

23/01/2017

Email

NFDC

Glass recycling text message reminders

 

29

23/01/2017

Email

NFALC

Policy on Parishing

 

30

23/01/2017

Email

NFALC

Cycling Paper

 

31

23/01/2017

Email

NFALC

Film released - Meon Valley Digital Futures

 

32

23/01/2017

Email

Marie Curie

Please can your Parish Council help support our Free

Will Writing Campaign

 

33

24/01/2017

Email

Hale Parish

Council

Hale Annual Parish Assembly 2017

25/04/2017

34

24/01/2017

Email

NFNPA

NW Quadrant Meeting 30 January 2017 - Agenda

 

35

24/01/2017

Email

Woodgreen

resident

Letter to Forestry Commission re verge work

 

36

25/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/16/1307 - WOODLEY, BROOK

LANE, SP6 2AZ - Raise No Objections;

TPO/16/1318 - AVON VALE, 8 LOWER DENSOME

WOOD, SP6 2BE - Grant

 

37

25/01/2017

Email

HALC

Annual Conference - 22nd March 2017

 

38

25/01/2017

Email

Hampshire

County

Council

Grants for Rural Services in North and West

Hampshire

 

39

27/01/2017

Email

NFDC

Information Bulletin - January 2017 Edition

 

40

27/01/2017

Email

NFALC

NALC update and REMINDER from PCC about

RURAL COMMUNITIES CONFERENCE on

11 FEBRUARY 2017

 

41

27/01/2017

Royal

Mail

NFNPA -

Treeworks

WITHDRAWN - CONS/17/0045 - Fell 3 x Silver

Birch trees, Prune 2 x Sweet Chestnut trees, Prune 3 x

Holly trees, Prune 1 x Yew tree - The Birches, Warren

Copse, SP6 2QX

 

42

01/02/2017

Email

NFDC

NFDC awards latest community grants

 

43

01/02/2017

Email

NHS

Changes to local NHS - special meetings to be held in

Ringwood and Bransgore

 

44

02/02/2017

Email

HALC

Lobby Day Introductory Letter

28/03/2017

45

02/02/2017

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

 

46

03/02/2017

Email

Woodgreen

resident

Verge restoration works woodgreen

 

47

03/02/2017

Email

HALC

HALC E-update February 2017

 

48

07/02/2017

Email

Friends of the

New Forest

Friends of the New Forest News

 

49

07/02/2017

Email

Fordingbridge

Town Council

Vacancy - Part Time Assistant Clerk

 

50

07/02/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

CONS/17/0084 - Coppice 2 x Holly trees, Fell 2 x S

ilver Birch trees, Fell 1 x Sweet Chestnut tree, Prune 1

x Yew tree, Prune 2 x Holly trees, Fell 1 x Holly tree,

Pollard 1 x Holly tree, Prune 2 x Laburnum trees - The

Birches, Warren Copse, SP6 2QX

02/03/2017

51

07/02/2017

Email

NFALC

NFALC Minutes 19.01.17

20/04/2017

52

07/02/2017

Email

Woodgreen

resident

Further concerns re Verge Protection Programme

 










 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 7th February 2017

       
 

Total all balances :

£85,443.34

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 07/09/16)

 
 

£10,331.27

£70,018.41

 
 

NS&I (as at 01/01/17)

   
 

£5,093.66

   
       
       
 

Payments since last meeting date :

10-Jan-2016

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

894

Sue Allpress

2 x invoices re United Hosting

and payment for Christmas Tree

£135.00

895

Victoria Eden

Clerk's January's fees and

expenses

£282.13

896

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut &

strim cemetery

£140.00

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

897

Victoria Eden

Clerk's February's fees and

expenses

£328.97

898

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut &

strim cemetery

£140.00

899

J Harron

New cheque as previous cheque

was made out to Thirsk Payroll

incorrectly (amount already

deducted from up to date

figures)

£77.00

       
 

Receipts since last meeting date :

10-Jan-2016

 

Date

Received From

Details

TOTAL

AMOUNT

 

NS&I

Interest

£93.66

 

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you