Minutes of the Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall on Tuesday 6th February 2018 at 7.30pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), John Sanger (JS) (left at 8.58pm after 18.33) and John Clarke (JC) and Pete Skinner (PS) (left 21.34pm after 18.38)

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk)

18.22   Apologies for Absence: Apologies received and accepted from Sue Allpress (SA).

18.23   Declarations of interest:  JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee.

18.24   Minutes of previous meeting on 9th January 2018: The previous minutes were reviewed. It was then unanimously RESOLVED that these updated minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

18.25   Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Woodgreen Parish Assembly 2018 - The Clerk confirmed that the village hall has been booked for Tuesday 24th April 2018. PS to confirm to the Clerk that Ken Campbell is happy to give a talk. The Clerk will now send invitations to local groups to speak at this Annual Assembly.
  • Parish Council email addresses and review of website - The clerk is continuing to explore the best way to access and store email correspondence. However, at the end of January 2018, she received notification that the domain name had expired despite payment being forwarded. This was an error between the hosting company and the Domain Registry Service. Once confirmation received that the domain name is still owned by Woodgreen Parish Council, the Clerk will contact the web company to organise emails accordingly.
  • Transparency Fund grant - Clerk has purchased a laptop, Office software, mouse and bag at a cost of £538 (including VAT). At present, a month’s trial of anti-virus protection is in place and a new version will be purchased once this has lapsed. Asset register has been updated accordingly. Clerk has set up equipment and is now transferring data over, together with reviewing the website to ensure Transparency Code requirements are met. It is hoped that this will be complete prior to the next meeting.
  • Provision following death of a Senior Royal – Following discussion, it was agreed for the Clerk to research a suitable Book of Condolence which could be located in the village church at the appropriate time.

18.26   Public Participation Session: No members of the public were present.

18.27   Update on Casual Vacancy: Clerk advised that one application has been received to date and that the Casual Vacancy poster is currently displayed in the parish magazine. Closing dates for applications is 22nd February 2018.

The members then discussed publicising the role of the parish council in future at local events, particularly in light of the parish elections next year.

18.28   Planning Applications:

  • Planning Applications Received:
    • 18/00031/FULL - Langat House, Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU - Log store - Deadline for comments 27th February 2018

After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above planning application:

  1. We recommend PERMISSION, for the reasons listed below, but would accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority's Officers under their delegated powers.
    1. The application does not have a negative impact on Conservation area.
  • Tree Works Applications:
    • TPO/18/0065 - Forest Edge, Upper Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU - Fell 1 x Beech tree - Deadline for comments 15.02.2018;
    • CONS/18/0110 - Merrytree Cottage, , Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ - Fell 1 x Birch tree - Deadline for comments 26.02.2018

After a short discussion, the members agreed that no comments were required in relation to these applications, although members are keen for replacement trees to be put in place in the grounds of Forest Edge.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that decisions and other information in relation to planning and tree works applications are reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1. It was noted that the revised application 17/00995 (Hillview) had been granted subject to conditions and application 17/01014 (The Finches) has been refused.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4

18.29   Roads & Ditches:

The Clerk confirmed that the signage at Breamore Mill bridge has been raised as a concern to Hampshire Highways. Members advised that joyriders are continuing to damage the verges on the road to Godshill, and the Clerk is to write to Bruce Rothnie at Forestry Commission. Clerk will also contact Hampshire Highways about all ongoing concerns and report back at the next meeting.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

18.30   Hedges and Footpaths:

  1. The Chairman has now written to the property owner in Brook Lane in relation to the problem of overgrown vegetation on the highway, who had replied back to confirm that he will inspect and get work undertaken where necessary. Forestry Commission has also been contacted in relation to the making up of a path from the pedestrian gate just past the cemetery into the inclosure
  2. Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via the HC website at https://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or contact Clerk.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20096/unspoilt_landscape/44/litter/2 or contact Clerk.

18.31 Parish Lengthsman: The Parish Lengthsman’s last visit to the village was on 22nd January 2018 and JS gave an update. The members commented that he had made a good job of clearing the cemetery entrance. His next visit is on 26th March 2018 and members were reminded to forward tasks to JS. One task suggested was the clearance of vegetation to the path through Halls Field and this will be researched by EH accordingly prior to the next meeting. Update on the Parish Lengthsman scheme from Fordingbridge Town Council forwarded to JS.

18.32   Cemetery Report: In response to a parishioner request for a second gate into the cemetery, councillors agreed that SH should research this further and report back at the next meeting. SH has reformatted Cemetery rules and handed members copies to read and report back next meeting prior to updating the website. Cemetery Committee are also to continue to check that graves are being maintained according to the rules. EH will undertake research for repairs cemetery track and will report back.

18.32   Local Plan Review:   Members were reminded to forward comments by 28th February 2018.

18.33   Reading Room: SH gave an update following receipt of estimate from local contractor. It was agreed for this estimate will be forwarded to the loss adjustor and insurer accordingly. There was further discussion in relation to future liability and it was agreed that the situation is to be closely monitored.

18.34   Telephone Box: Clerk has now confirmed replacement value (£2700) and advised insurer accordingly. Asset register also updated. The Rural Communities Fund (previously the Small Grants Team) would be unlikely to contribute towards refurbishment costs but Heritage Lottery Fund has been contacted. Maintenance guide received from BT forwarded to SH so that he can advise contractor accordingly and it is hoped that repainting will be done in May. Members to meet with volunteers to progress the creation of a local history/information kiosk for visitors.

18.35   Risk Assessment: Clerk presented updated document for the members to consider prior to approval at the March meeting.

18.36   Training:  Clerk attended Minutes Training on 31st January 2018 and will be making minor amendments to the format of agenda and minutes. The Clerk’s Officer update has been cancelled but Clerk will attend GDPR training on 20th March 2018 at the same cost (£48 to be split 3 ways). The members agreed that they were happy with this. The Clerk at Damerham is looking to arrange local GDPR training for Councillors and would like to know who would be interested (if 16 delegates attend, the cost should be under £30 per head). The Chairman expressed an interest in attending.

18.37   Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

  • Hale Parish Assembly 17th April 2018 – EH to attend
  • New Forest Spring Clean – Members agreed that the weekend of 28th and 29th April 2018 would the most suitable date to hold such an event after the parish assembly and registration form is to be forwarded accordingly. SH to contact those that took part in the litter pick last year.
  • Provision of ICT equipment – Email to NFDC to be forwarded stating current situation
  • County Cllr attendance at parish council dates forwarded for the members attention

18.38 Financial report and Updated Budget:

a)         Income: Nil received

b)         Expenditure:  Invoices received since last meeting to be approved & cheques signed: The members RESOLVED to authorise the following invoices and cheques were drawn up accordingly:

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

 COST

950

Victoria Eden

Clerk's February’s salary, expenses and purchase

of IT equipment

£847.32

951

HALC

Minutes Training 31/01/2018 (split with 2 other

parish councils that the Clerk works for)

£16.00

 

c)         Grant Aid Requests: The Clerk confirmed that requests for Grant Aid had been received throughout the year from the following charities: New Forest Disability, Victim Care Support, New Forest Citizens Advice, TUFF and Woodgreen WI. Following a discussion, the parish council RESOLVED that the following organisations would receive Grant Aid as detailed below as villagers were currently benefiting from their services and the funds would help the organisations to continue with their work:           

Woodgreen WI Centenary Appeal                             £  100

New Forest Disability                                                 £    25

TUFF                                                                          £    25

18.39   Meetings attended:

VE                   18/01/2018 - NFALC – Updates in relation to GDPR (including appointment of Data Protection Officer) and request for provision following death of a senior Royal

JC                    10/01/2018 – Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group and NFNPA

JC/EH             18/01/2018 – Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group

18.40   Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Approval of Risk Assessment. Annual Parish Assembly Agenda,

18.41   Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 6th March 2018 at 7.30pm in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall.

SH closed the meeting at 9.54pm.

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 10.01.2018 - 06.02.2018

 
 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

1

10.01.2018

Email

HCC

BUS PASS POSTER for display 2018

31.03.2018

 

2

11.01.2018

Email

NFNPA

NFNPA FULL AUTHORITY MEETING

18.01.2018

 

3

11.01.2018

Email

Shivercasting

TV Programme hoping to speak to Grandparents

   

4

11.01.2018

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

   

5

12.01.2018

Email

HALC

NALC Consultation for the review of park homes legislation

26.01.2018

 

6

12.01.2018

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan - February 2018

   

7

12.01.2018

Email

NFDC

Cllr Sophie Beeton

   

8

15.01.2018

Email

HALC

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE

   

9

16.01.2018

Email

Jisc Domain Registry Service

Domain Registry Service: Renewal of woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

30.01.2018

 

10

16.01.2018

Email

Metro Rod

Drainage Services - Metro Rod

   

11

17.01.2018

Email

NFNPA

New Forest National Park Submission draft Local Plan 2016 – 2036

17.01.2018 - 28.02.2018

 

12

18.01.2018

Email

NFDC

Minister reviews authorities’ joint working to improve air quality

   

13

18.01.2018

Email

Resident

Interest in Parish Councillor Vacancy

22.02.2018

 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

14

19.01.2018

Email

NFALC

Advance notification of cycle event - Spring Sportive

14.04.2018 - 15.04.2018

 

15

19.01.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

TPO/18/0065 - Forest Edge, Upper Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU - Fell 1 x Beech tree

15.02.2018

 

16

21.01.2018

Email

County Cllr

Town/Parish Council meeting attendance 2018 / email address.

   

17

22.01.2018

Email

NFALC

Fidget the Forest Pony

   

18

22.01.2018

Email

NFNPA

WECA agenda - Monday 29 January 2018

   

19

23.01.2018

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Lengthsman update

   

20

24.01.2018

Email

NFNPA- Planning

Decisions - 17/00995/FULL - HILL VIEW, WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD, WOODGREEN, SP6 2BQ - Two and single storey rear extension;1no. rooflight; (demolition of existing single storey side extension) - Grant Subject to Conditions; 17/01014/FULL - FINCHES, BROOK LANE, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AZ - Replacement conservatory roof - Refuse

   

21

24.01.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/18/0069 - 10, 11, 12 and 4 HILL CLOSE, SP6 2BG - In accordance with Regulations 14 and 15 of the Town & Country Planning (Trees Preservation) (England) Regulations 2012, the NPA's consent is not required for cutting down, topping, lopping or uprooting of trees in conservation areas when work is carried out by, or on behalf of, a local planning authority. NFDC Item Ref - 02299 Fell 6 x various species of trees General Prune to 15 - Common Hornbeam General Prune to 30 - Other Broadleaf

   

22

26.01.2018

Email

County Cllr

HCC Councillor Devolved Budget - Grant Applications

31.01.2018

 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

23

26.01.2018

Email

County Cllr

Attendance at Town & Parish Council Meetings

   

24

26.01.2018

Email

NFDC

Recreational Mitigation Projects

16.02.2018

 

25

27.01.2018

Email

Hale Parish Council

Hale Annual Parish Assembly

17.04.2018

 

26

29.01.2018

Email

Ellingham Parish Council

Are you interested in a locally-run HALC course on forthcoming General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)?

   

27

29.01.2018

Email

Downton Link

Downton Link Committee Meeting 6.2.18

   

28

30.01.2018

Email

NFNPA- Planning

Parish Briefing Note 18/00031 LANGAT HOUSE, DENSOME WOOD, WOODGREEN, SP6 2QU

   

29

30.01.2018

Email

NFDC - Planning

CONS/18/0110 - Merrytree Cottage, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AZ - Fell 1 x Birch tree

26.02.2018

 

30

31.01.2018

Email

HALC

Nominate your village to win the chance of creating a New Landmark for your Community

   

31

31.01.2018

Email

HALC

Members Forum on HALC Website

   

32

31.01.2018

Email

Jisc Domain

Domain Registry Service: woodgreen-pc.gov.uk EXPIRED

   

33

01.02.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/18/0098 - AREA OF ST GEORGES COTTAGES, HALE ROAD, - NFDC Item ref. 02315 Prune 1 x Common Yew tree - In accordance with Regulations 14 and 15 of the Town & Country Planning (Trees Preservation) (England) Regulations 2012, the NFNPA’s consent is not required for cutting down, topping, lopping or uprooting of trees in conservation areas when work is carried out by, or on behalf of, a local planning authority

   

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

34

01.02.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/18/0110 - MERRYTREE COTTAGE, BROOK LANE, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AZ - Fell 1 x Birch tree - SCLO - Safety concerns due to location only; BIRCH HOLT COTTAGE, BROOK LANE, SP6 2AZ - Fell 2 x Birch trees - The trees have failed

   

35

01.02.2018

Email

NFNPA - Enforcement

QU/17/0201 - 8 HILL CLOSE, WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2BG - New window at first floor level on side elevation - No Breach

   

36

01.02.2018

Email

HALC

Invitiation - Hampshire ALC Annual Conference 2018 - "Fit for the Future" - 21st March 2018 - 09.00-15.00 - St Mary's Stadium, Southampton

   

37

01.02.2018

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

   

38

01.02.2018

Email

NFDC

Great British Spring Clean

02.03.2018 - 04.03.2018

 

39

02.02.2018

Email

Woodgreen WI

Grant Aid Request

   

40

02.02.2018

Email

NFDC

Provision of ICT Equipment to Councillors

   

41

02.02.2018

Email

HALC

Local Government Ethical Standards - Call for Evidence

13.04.2018

 

42

02.02.2018

Email

HALC

HALC E-update February 2018

   

43

05.02.2018

Email

HCC

Rural Funding - phone box

   

44

06.02.2018

Email

Zurich

Helping you to support local Community Organisations

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 6th February 2018

       
 

Total all balances :

£86,770.93

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 01/09/17)

 
 

£11,221.87

£70,431.40

 
 

NS&I (as at 01/01/18)

   
 

£5,117.66

   
       
       
 

Payments since last meeting date :

9th January 2018

 

Cheque No

Payee

 

TOTAL COST

946

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for January 2018

£294.26

947

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

948

Sue Allpress

Website Hosting and Christmas Tree

£75.00

949

TP Jones and Co LLP

Payroll costs October - December 2017

£54.00

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

950

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for January 2018, including reimbursements for IT costs - £538

£872.04

951

HALC

Minutes Training - 31/01/2018 - Costs to be shared with 2 other parish councils that the Clerk works for

£16.00

       
 

Receipts since last meeting date :

9th January 2018

 

Date

Received From

Details