Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 10th January 2017 at 7.30pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), John Clarke (JC), Julia Wilkie (JW), John Sanger (JS) Pete Skinner (PS) (leaving at 9.07pm) and Sue Allpress (SA)

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk), County Cllr Edward Heron (arriving at 8.23pm) and one resident

17.01 Apologies for Absence: No apologies received.

17.02 Declarations of interest: JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee. JC for TPO/17/001.

17.03  Minutes of previous meeting on 06/12//2016: Following an amendment made by the Clerk to reflect that a cheque was also authorised made payable to the SLCC in relation to annual membership renewal, it was unanimously RESOLVED that these minutes be accepted as an accurate record & were duly signed by SH.

17.04 Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Halls House rear fencing - The Housing Officer at Stonewater had responded to the Clerk to advise that the matter had been referred to their surveyor who inspected the site w/c 5th December 2016 and repair orders will be raised as necessary. EH to confirm when repairs completed.

  • Archiving process and fire proof cabinet - No further progress made but Clerk will report further at next meeting. It was noted that grant monies may be available and Clerk is to contact County Councillor prior to the end of February if required.

  • Responsibility for producing Woodgreen Welcome Packs - No further update at this time but progress is being made.

  • Clerk had contacted Sarah Kelly at NFNPA to find out more about light pollution concerns in the National Park and guidance had been forwarded via email. EH led a short discussion in relation to the guidance received and it was agreed for the Clerk to write to Sarah Kelly to express both the parish council’s thanks and to request an overview relating to light pollution concerns in the National Park for inclusion in the parish magazine. JS also confirmed that he would speak with Sarah Kelly.

17.05 Public Participation: A resident was concerned about a car covered by tarpaulin on a neighbour’s driveway in case it remained in place on a long term basis and spoilt the street view. A letter highlighting his concerns was forwarded to the Clerk. As the car is on private land, this matter is outside of the parish council’s jurisdiction and the resident was advised to contact the district council should he have any further concerns.

17.06 Report by County Councillor - County Councillor not present when this item was raised but later mentioned that there was nothing of particular interest to the parish at the present time.

17.07 Planning Applications: 16/01008 (Multiple Parish - Information Only) - Twin Oaks,

12 Dodgson Close, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2BJ - Single storey extension - The members of the parish council were aware that notification of this application was for information only and no comments are to be forwarded.

Tree Works Applications:  

  • TPO/16/1285 - Greycott, 2 Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE - Fell 1 x Oak tree;

  • CONS/16/1295 - Avondene, High Street, SP6 2AU - Fell 1 x Monterey Pine;

  • CONS/16/1296 - Willows, High Street, SP6 2AU - Prune 1 x Cherry tree and Prune 1 x Willow tree;

  • CONS/16/1307 - Woodley, Brook Lane, SP6 2AZ - Prune 1 x Yew tree;

  • TPO/16/1318 - Avon Vale, 8 Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE - Fell 1 x Cherry tree, Prune 1 x Red Oak tree, Fell 1 x Ash tree and Fell 1 x Spruce tree

  • CONS/17/0001 - Hawkswood House, Castle Hill, SP6 2AX - Prune 1 x group of Holly trees

After a short discussion, the Parish Council agreed that no comments were necessary in relation to these tree applications.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1. The Clerk advised that information relating to the Whitsbury Road Development was available on www.whitsburyroad.co.uk and may be of interest to members as it relates to the neighbouring town of Fordingbridge. The Planning Committee is to look into the matter further and forward concerns if necessary.

17.08 Verge Protection Programme: SH provided an overview in relation to the recent work undertaken by the Forestry Commission and concerns raised by councillors and members of the public. The parish council has not yet forwarded a letter to the Forestry Commission as per the previous meeting as the ditching work commenced in early December and members wished to wait until this was completed. Several areas of concern were discussed:

  • Godshill Drove: The newly dug ditches were discussed and concerns were raised in relation to the narrowness of the entrances into the inclosures, the quality of the work undertaken and the poor communication received. The parish council has been advised that the entrances are now at the standard width and are not carparks for members of the public. It was felt that the forestry lorries may now have difficulty in entering the inclosures and that there may not be sufficient car parking nearby for people to enjoy the forest, particularly as the Godshill Pit car park is closed throughout the winter.

  • Woodgreen Common, Brook Lane and Densome Corner: It was felt that the recent ditching work had not been undertaken sympathetically or solved the parking problem but had simply moved it to other areas. The height of the dragon’s teeth was also felt to be a concern because they are higher than previously which makes them more visible and easier to remove. EH suggested that new maps should be done to highlight new problem areas and will liaise further with the members of the Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group as they will have a meeting with the Forestry Commission shortly to address concerns.

  • The issue of parking within Woodgreen village as a whole was then considered and the parish council will continue to liaise with the Forestry Commission for an acceptable solution. It had been noted that there had been incidences of the Forestry Commission was issuing parking tickets to those cars parked incorrectly.

The Parish Council will now forward a letter to the Forestry Commission highlighting all concerns. The Chairman will liaise with the Clerk and send letter as a matter of urgency.

It was also agreed that the Parish Council should ask the Forestry Commission for a camera to be installed on the Drove to monitor reckless driving over the grass verges. JC will chase accordingly.

17.09  Roads & Ditches:  JS provided a short update. Work has now been undertaken outside of Red Cottage in relation to the raised kerbs. The Chairman also confirmed that he had reported the condition of the verges along the road to Breamore due to safety concerns for both pedestrians and other road users. It was highlighted that Highways team at Hampshire County Council (HCC) is under considerable financial pressure. County Cllr Edward Heron suggested that the team may be able to cut one metre back on the road to Breamore with subsequent maintenance work being undertaken by the Parish Lengthsman and will liaise with Bob Brown accordingly. The Clerk will continue to chase any outstanding concerns and also highlight the excessive vegetation growing in the watercourses under the bridges with Bob Brown.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

17.10 Hedges and Footpaths: One of the sleepers on the footpath through Lower Densome Wood to Higher End Farm is starting to rot and is to be reported.

The members of the Parish Council then considered their response to Hampshire County Council in relation to the rights of way vegetation priority cutting lists and agreed that the Clerk should advise footpaths 1 (Little Drove), 2 (Steel’s Drove) and 3 (Trim’s Drove) should remain on the list. Clerk to action prior to the deadline of 1st February 2017.

Several members also confirmed that they would be interested in attending a footpaths workshop and clerk register their interest to the Countryside Access Team accordingly.

17.11 Parish Lengthsman: JS advised that he has forwarded worksheet for his next visit to the village on 16th January 2017 and tasks will include:

  • Ditch to be cleared of vegetation near Grace Lane

  • Leaves to be cleared on cemetery track and cemetery waste removed

The County Councillor informed the Council the Lengthsman remit may be increased to use machinery but this will be confirmed in due course and confirmed that the funding for the Lengthsman is to continue.

17.12 Cemetery Report: No invoice has been received as yet from Community Payback nor has a response been received as yet from I N Newman in relation to the condition of the gate and Clerk will continue to chase accordingly. PS will continue to look into the repair of the seat. Cemetery Committee meetings have been held and progress is being made to ensure record keeping is in line with regulations.

Two cemetery enquiries have been received. The interment of ashes in an existing parents’ grave has been approved and one request to straighten an existing gravestone also agreed.

Cutting Edge confirmed that they will continue to carry out maintenance as necessary.

17.13 Removal of Telephone Box: NFDC have now reported that BT wish to remove the Woodgreen public telephone box as it is little used and that there is mobile coverage in the area for emergency calls. After a short discussion, it was agreed that the parish council could not object to its removal on the commercial grounds but felt that as it was an integral part of the village street scene, members should research whether to adopt the telephone box and put it to another use. Clerk to advise NFDC accordingly and investigate insurance costs and other obligations of owning the telephone box (e.g. maintenance and power supply).

17.14 Register of Community Assets: Further information is required before the parish council can consider this matter further. JC and JS to report at the next meeting.

17.15 Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

5. Members are to advise the Clerk if they wish to have copies of English Planning in Crisis

7. It was agreed that the Freshwater Habitats Trust had forwarded some good advice in relation to septic tanks and protection of rivers. Residents can find further information at www.freshwaterhabitats.org.uk

22. Correspondence from Woodgreen Cricket Club was noted and EH will monitor future developments

33. The Police and Crime Commissioner will be holding a Rural Community Matter Conference at the New Forest Outdoor Centre, Minstead on 11th February 2017

37. The Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group Clinical Services Review was highlighted. The consultation ends on 28th February 2017 & further information can be found at www.dorsetsvision.nhs.uk or at the upcoming events at the Ringwood Meeting House on 7th and 8th February 2017. Notice to be displayed on noticeboard.

48. The next deadline for the Small Grants Scheme is 23rd January 2017 and monies may be available for path surfacing, replacing stiles with gates and leaflet production.

55. Members were reminded that funds were still available in the Transparency Fund to help the Council meet regulatory requirements in relation to the Transparency Code. Chairman and Clerk are to investigate further.

JS also advised that he had received correspondence from NFNPA in relation to fly tipping and it was agreed for this information to be forwarded to the parish magazine.

17.16 Financial report: Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk.

●      Income: Nil

●      Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2).

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

894

Sue Allpress

Renewal of Domain name x 2 and Christmas tree

£135.00

895

Victoria Eden

Clerk's January's fees and expenses

£282.13

896

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut & strim cemetery

£140.00

  • Precept Request - The Clerk forwarded the updated budget documentation 2017-2018 to all members for their consideration so that the precept request could be considered & approved and it was noted that NFDC will no longer pay a discretionary grant. After considering the documents, the Council then had a discussion in relation to its budgetary requirements for the financial year 2017/2018, noting that the pressure on district council budgets may cause a knock on effect locally. In light of this, the budget prepared for the year estimates an increase in overall expenditure of £413 and it was agreed that the precept request should be increased by that amount.

The following MOTION was then proposed:–

Woodgreen Parish Council should increase its precept request to £7513 to meet future expected expenditure.

This motion was then put to the vote and RESOLVED unanimously.

  • Pensions Regulator – The Clerk confirmed that the Compliance Declaration is due to be completed by 31st March 2017

17.17 Meetings attended:

  • EH - 13/12/2017 - NFNPA planning presentation

  • JS - 20/12/2016 - Planning Development Control Committee Meeting

17.18 Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Risk Assessment, Grant Aid requests, Register of Community Assets

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 7th February 2017 at 7.30pm

SH closed the meeting at 9.36pm.

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting.

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 06.12.2016 - 10.01.2017

Ref.

Date

Received

Delivery

Method

Received

From

Details

Meeting date /

Deadline /

Consultation Period

1

06/12/2016

Email

PCS

Communities

Defibrillators made affordable for your community

 

2

07/12/2016

Email

NFDC

Local Government Review - Review of Options for the

Future Working of Local Government in Hampshire

 

3

07/12/2016

Email

NFNPA -

Planning

16/01008 (Multiple Parish - Information Only) - Twin

Oaks, 12 Dodgson Close, SP6 2BJ - Single storey

extension

 

4

08/12/2016

Email

HALC

You are invited to a Board Awayday and Open

Forum - 24th January 2017 - South Wonston Pavilion

 

5

08/12/2016

Email

HALC

Publication English Planning in Crisis –

10 Steps to a Sustainable Future

 

6

09/12/2016

Email

NFDC

Council Chairman celebrates volunteer heroes

 

7

09/12/2016

Email

Freshwater

Habitats Trust

Article for upcoming newsletter

 

8

11/12/2016

Email

Enquiry

Enquiry re maintenance of individual grave

 

9

12/12/2016

Email

Hampshire Alert

Residential Burglary Update

 

10

12/12/2016

Email

HCC

Your Hampshire

 

11

12/12/2016

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

TPO/16/1285 - Greycott, 2 Lower Densome Wood,

SP6 2BE - Fell 1 x Oak tree

06/01/2017

12

13/12/2016

Email

HALC

New Funding

 

13

13/12/2016

Email

NFDC

Local charity can bank on Totton Health and Leisure

 

14

13/12/2016

Email

Hampshire

Alert

Fake Bank Letters

 

15

13/12/2016

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL

COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NFNPA

20/12/2016

16

14/12/2016

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council Forward Plan of

Key Decisions - January 2017

 

17

14/12/2016

Email

HALC

Guidance regarding Religion and Belief law

 

18

14/12/2016

Email

NFNPA

NFNPA planning presentation - Permitted

Development

 

19

14/12/2016

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

CONS/16/1295 - Avondene, High Street, SP6 2AU -

Fell 1 x Monterey Pine

11/01/2017

20

14/12/2016

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

CONS/16/1296 - Willows, High Street, SP6 2AU -

Prune 1 x Cherry tree; Prune 1 x Willow tree

11/01/2017

21

14/12/2016

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

Decision - CONS/16/1164 - THE MEADOWS,

HIGH STREET, SP6 2AR - Raise No Objections

 

22

14/12/2016

Royal

Mail

Woodgreen

Cricket Club

Renewal of lease

 

23

15/12/2016

Email

HCC

Small Grants Scheme- next deadline approaching

23/01/2017

24

15/12/2016

Email

HALC

Transparency Regulations’ learning sessions

06/02/2017

25

15/12/2016

Email

Pear

Technology

Services Ltd

Digital Mapping Systems for Councils in Hampshire

 

26

15/12/2016

Email

Pensions

Regulator

Have you completed your declaration?

31/03/2017

27

16/12/2016

Email

NFDC

Intended Public Payphone Removals in the New

Forest District and National Park

13/01/2017

28

17/12/2016

Email

Cutting Edge

Update re cutting and strimming at the Cemetery

 

29

19/12/2016

Email

NFNPA

Date of the next NW Quadrant Meeting -

30th January 2017

16/01/2017

30

19/12/2016

Email

HALC

Tackling Inactivity Event

 

31

19/12/2016

Email

HCC

Access Hampshire Newsletter

 

32

19/12/2016

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

CONS/16/1307 - Woodley, Brook Lane, SP6 2AZ -

Prune 1 x Yew tree

16/01/2017

33

21/12/2016

Email

Hampshire

Alert

Police And Crime Commissioner Rural Communities

Matter Conferences

 

34

21/12/2016

Email

NFNPA -

Planning

Decisions - 16/00900/FULL - LAND AT THE

MEADOWS, HIGH STREET, SP6 2AR - Creation of

pond - Grant Subjectto Conditions

 

35

21/12/2016

Email

Camargue -

Corporate & B2B Communications

National Grid Project - Parish Newsletter Details

 

36

22/12/2016

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

PO/16/1318 - Avon Vale, 8 Lower Densome Wood,

SP6 2BE - Fell 1 x Cherry tree, Prune 1 x Red Oak tree,

Fell 1 x Ash tree and Fell 1 x Spruce tree

19/01/2017

37

24/12/2016

Royal

Mail

NHS West

Hampshire

Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group Clinical

Services Review

28/02/2017

38

24/12/2016

Email

Downton

Resident

Deep Trenches around lay-bys & entrances Godshill

Inclosure, Woodgreen

 

39

29/12/2016

Email

NFDC

Intended Public Payphone Removals in the New

Forest District and National Park - Gorley Cross

13/01/2017

40

31/12/2016

Email

New Forest

Association

New Forest Association News

 

41

31/12/2016

Email

Friends of the

New Forest

2017 Programme

 

42

03/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

CONS/17/0001 - Hawkswood House, Castle Hill,

SP6 2AX - Prune 1 x group of Holly trees

31/01/2017

43

03/01/2017

Email

Enquiry

Enquiry for interment of cremated remains

 

44

03/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Enforcement

16/0020 - Wild Close - Awaiting appeal decision

 

45

03/01/2017

Email

Resident

Letter to Forestry Commision re verge protection

programme - Verges - Brook Lane, Woodgreen

 

46

04/01/2017

Email

Hampshire Alert

Chief Constable Invites You To Have Your Say On

Police Funding

 

47

04/01/2017

Email

HALC

You are invited to a Board Awayday and Open Forum - Tuesday 24th January 2017 - South Wonston Pavilion

 

48

05/01/2017

Email

Hampshire

County Council

Small Grants Scheme Countryside Access -

Deadline approaching

23/01/2017

49

05/01/2017

Email

NFNPA

Light Pollution

 

50

05/01/2017

Email

NFDC

NFDC Chairman's Charity Gala Ball

 

51

05/01/2017

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

 

52

05/01/2017

Email

NFALC

NFALC Agenda - 19.01.17

 

53

06/01/2017

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL

COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NFNPA

17 JANUARY 2017

 

54

06/01/2017

Email

HALC

HALC E-update January 2017

 

55

06/01/2017

Email

HALC

MONEY AVAILABLE FOR YOUR COUNCIL TO

HELP COMPLY WITH TRANSPARENCY CODE

 

56

09/01/2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/16/1238 - CASTLE RISE,

CASTLE HILL, SP6 2AX - Raise No Objections

 

 

                                   Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

               Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 10th January 2017

       
 

Total all balances :

£85,906.81

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 07/09/16)

 
 

£10,888.40

£70,018.41

 
 

NS&I (as at 27/06/16)

   
 

£5,000.00

   
       
       
 

Payments since last meeting

date :

6-Dec-2016

 

Cheque

No

Payee

 

TOTAL

COST

886

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut &

strim cemetery

£140.00

887

Victoria Eden

Clerk's December's fees and

expenses

£282.67

888

Damerham Parish Council

The Knowledge Training

£55.05

889

Caxtons

Materials for enhancing cemetery

£108.44

890

M B Whitlock

Repairs to gatepost and fencing in

Halls Field and stile on Common

£637.20

891

SSE

Electricity bill re Reading Room

£31.88

892

Thirsk Payroll

Quarterly payroll costs - £32 (Apr -

Sept 2016); Monthly payroll costs

£45 (Oct - Dec 2016)

£77.00

893

Society of Local Council

Clerks

Annual Membership renewal

£46.50

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque

No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

894

Sue Allpress

2 x invoices re United Hosting and

payment for Christmas Tree

£135.00

895

Victoria Eden

Clerk's January's fees and expenses

£282.13

896

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut & strim

cemetery

£140.00

897

Community Payback

Enhancements to cemetery

TBC

       
 

Receipts since last meeting

date :

6-Dec-2016

 

Date

Received From

Details

TOTAL

AMOUNT

       

 

 

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you