Minutes of the Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall on Tuesday 9th January 2018 at 7.30pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH) (arrived at 7.40pm), John Sanger (JS), John Clarke (JC), Pete Skinner (PS) (left at 9.40pm) and Sue Allpress (SA).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk)

 

18.1    Apologies for Absence: No apologies received.

18.2    Declarations of interest:  JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee. SH for planning at Finches, Brook Lane.

18.3    Minutes of previous meeting on 05/12/2017: The previous minutes were reviewed. Amendments were made by hand to 17.220 to reflect that the NFNPA is to be contacted in relation to enforcement matters and at 17.225 the wording was amended so that it was easier to understand. It was then unanimously RESOLVED that these updated minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

18.4    Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • WPC email addresses - Following email migration of NFDC emails during which problems have been encountered, the clerk is exploring best ways to access and store email correspondence. She will report back at next meeting.

  • Transparency Fund grant - Clerk liaised with the IT NFDC team on 12th December 2017 but felt that the level of specification advised was not necessary for the work she undertakes on behalf of the parish council. The members agreed that she should buy a laptop, Microsoft Office and antivirus software up to a cost of £500 (exclusive of VAT), as per the Transparency Code grant, and then begin the transparency code project prior to the end of the financial year

18.5     Public Participation Session: No members of the public were present.

18.6    Report by County Councillor: County Cllr Heron not present.

18.7    Update on Casual Vacancy: As yet no applications have been received and the Clerk reminded the councillors that the deadline is 22nd February 2018. It was agreed for the Casual Vacancy poster to be displayed in the parish magazine.

18.8     Planning Applications:

  • Planning Applications Received:

    • 17/00995 - Hill View, Woodgreen Common Road, Woodgreen, SP6 2BQ -

Demolish single storey side extension, two storey rear extension;

After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above planning application:

2. We recommend REFUSAL, for the reasons listed below, but would accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority's Officers under their delegated powers:

  • The Juliet balconies and timber cladding are not in keeping with the conservation area. As per the National Park Authority Officer’s report, the members are concerned about the impact upon neighbouring amenity, the non-designated heritage asset and adjoining Listed Building; and appearance of the conservation area.

 

  • 17/01014 - Finches, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ - Replacement conservatory roof

After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above planning application:

2. We recommend REFUSAL, for the reasons listed below, but would accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority's Officers under their delegated powers:

The members agree with the comments made by the Conservation Officer in their Consultee Response.

 

  • Tree Works Applications:

  • TPO/17/1213 - Hollybush, Upper Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU - Fell 17 x Lawson Cypress trees;

  • CONS/17/1243 - The Meadows, High Street, Woodgreen, SP6 2AR - Prune 1 x Willow tree, Prune 1 x Ash tree

After a short discussion, the members agreed that no comments were required in relation to these applications, although the Clerk is to advise the tree officer that the members would like to see the landowner of Hollybush come up with a plan in relation to the landscaping of trees within the grounds of the rest of the property.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4 or contact Clerk.

18.9     Roads & Ditches: The members were appreciative that flailing has been undertaken on the road into Breamore although noted  it has not been done from the cattlegrid into the village so may arrange for a private contractor to undertake this task in the future. The potholes outside village hall have also been reported and marked by HCC. SA highlighted that the erosion of the verge outside of St Georges Cottages was getting worse and getting close to the water hydrant. Clerk is to advise the water company accordingly.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

18.10     Hedges and Footpaths:

  1. A delivery driver had advised that he would not deliver to Brook Lane due to overgrown vegetation and the Chairman will write to the property owner concerned. Clerk is to also write to the Forestry Commission to see if a footpath can be made up from the pedestrian gate, just past the cemetery, into the inclosure.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via the HCC website at https://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or contact Clerk.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20096/unspoilt_landscape/44/litter/2 or contact Clerk.

  1. SH and EH advised that the following paths should be on the Cutting List 2018:

    1. Trims Drove

    2. Little Drove

    3. Steel’s Drove

    4. Love Lane

    5. Footpaths in Lower Densome Wood

Clerk to forward to HCC in order to meet the 1st February 2018 deadline.

18.11 Parish Lengthsman: His last visit to the village was on 8th January 2018 and JS gave an update, advising that regular tasks were undertaken. However the Lengthsman did not appear to have received a worksheet and Clerk to is to liaise with Fordingbridge Town Council to find out why. It has been confirmed that there may be additional time on 15th and 22nd January 2018 and Clerk will see if he can visit Woodgreen again. His next visit is on 26th March 2018 and members were reminded to forward tasks to JS.

18.12     Cemetery Report: One enquiry has been received in relation to documentation to be forwarded to purchasers of plots (Clerk liaising with Cemetery Committee accordingly) and one memorial request confirmed. Cemetery Committee are also to check that graves are being maintained according to the rules. EH is to contact Cllr Heron to see if there is any district grant monies available to repair cemetery track.

18.13     Reading Room: SH gave an update. Both SH and EH had met with a local contractor, who will forward an estimate of costs relating to the work required shortly. The asbestos roof may need to be removed and modern materials used instead.

18.14    Telephone Box: The public telephone has now been removed. Clerk is to confirm replacement value and advise insurer accordingly. A volunteer has been found to help create a village history information point for visitors within the kiosk and Clerk is to research whether the Small Grants Team may contribute towards refurbishment costs. SH will also contact contractor in relation to painting and see if previous quote is still in date.

18.15     Parish Assembly 2018: Last assembly was held on 2nd May 2017. Members agreed that, due to the bank holiday, it may be more convenient for Woodgreen Parish Assembly to be held in April. Clerk is to enquire if 24th, 25th or 26th April are available dates at the village hall and report back. It was agreed that it would be good to have a local person attend as a key speaker and will research accordingly. Residents are also encouraged to forward suggestions for a key speaker to the Clerk as soon as possible.

18.16    Website:  Clerk intends to refresh the website throughout February 2018 which ensuring all Transparency Code requirements are met. SH to consider revising the format of the cemetery rules.

18.17     Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:.

  • 17 - Parish Autumn Briefing Presentation 13/12/2107 - This is available from the Clerk and contains information relating to the new Highways contractor

  • 27 - No referendum principles for English Parishes for the next three years

  • 29 - General Data Protection Regulations - still awaiting confirmation in relation to Data Protection Officers

  • 38 - Internal Audit Date 2018 - 4th June 2018

  • Death of a senior member of the royal family - The Parish Council advised that there were no plans in place at present but will give the matter further consideration

  • Verge Restoration Works - There is a concern about closing part of a track - discussions are continuing with the Forestry Commission.

18.18 Financial report:

a)    Income: Spire Memorials - £100

b)    Expenditure:  Invoices received since last meeting to be approved & cheques signed: The members RESOLVED to authorise the following invoices and cheques were drawn up accordingly:

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

946

Victoria Eden

Clerk's January’s salary and expenses

£294.26

947

Michael Easterbrook -

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

948

Sue Allpress

Website Hosting and Christmas Tree

£75.00

949

TP Jones and Co LLP

Payroll

£54.00

c)    Budget and Precept Request: This was presented to the members by the Clerk. It was agreed for sections to be split for greater clarity and for bank accounts to be updated for completeness. The Parish Council then considered the documentation, discussing its budgetary requirements for the financial year 2018/2019 and whether any changes to the precept were required. The members RESOLVED to adopt the budget and, as the budget prepared for the year estimates an increase in overall expenditure of £93, it was agreed that the precept request should be increased by that amount.

The following MOTION was then proposed:–

Woodgreen Parish Council should increase its precept request to £7606 to meet future expected expenditure.

This motion was then put to the vote and RESOLVED unanimously. The budget document is to be reviewed on a regular basis.

18.19    Meetings attended:

SH        07/12/2017 - New Forest Consultative Panel

JS        07/12/2017 - Wetlands Restoration

VE          12/12/2017 - NFDC GDPR Training and meeting with IT team

JS        14/12/2017 - Local Plan

JS        19/12/2017 - NFNPA Planning

EH/SH        06/01/2018 - Local contractor in relation to Reading Room

18.20    Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Review of risk assessment; signage at Breamore Mill bridge

18.21    Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 6th February 2018 at 7.30pm in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall.

SH closed the meeting at 9.45pm.

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These minutes were approved at the parish council meeting dated 6th February 2018




 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 08.11.2017 - 05.12.2017

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

1

06.12.2017

Email

NFNPA

NFNPA FULL AUTHORITY MEETING 14 DECEMBER 2017

 

2

07.12.2017

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NFNPA 19 DECEMBER 2017

 

3

07.12.2017

Email

NFNPA

Date of the next NW Quadrant Meeting

15.01.2018

4

07.12.2017

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

 

5

08.12.2017

Email

Ordnance Survey

Your PSMA newsletter

 

6

09.12.2017

Email

Downton Link

Downton Link Christmas Letter

 

7

11.12.2017

Email

AONB

Presentation on Landscape Partnership Scheme for Cranborne Chase & Chalke Valley and call for local projects

 

8

11.12.2017

Email

HALC

Information and copy of presentation by new external auditor PKF Littlejohn - 18th October 2017

 

9

11.12.2017

Email

NFDC

HARAH winter 2017 newsletter

 

10

12.12.2017

Email

HALC

Esso Southampton to London Pipeline Project

 

11

12.12.2017

Email

NFDC

Procurement Contracts open to Towns & Parishes

 

12

14.12.2017

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan - January 2018

 

13

14.12.2017

Email

Forestry Commission

New Forest Inclosures Forest Design Plan - Environmental Impact Assessment Scoping Meeting Invitation - 16th January 2018

 

14

14.12.2017

Email

NFDC

Hometalk Magazine

 

15

14.12.2017

Email

NFDC

Christmas recycling in the New Forest

 

16

14.12.2017

Email

HCC

Access Hampshire Newsletter December 2017

 

17

15.12.2017

Email

HCC

Parishes Autumn Briefing Presentation 13/12/17

 

18

15.12.2017

Email

HALC

Public Consultation - Shaping the Future of England's Strategic Roads

07.02.2018

19

15.12.2017

Email

HALC

House of Lords Research Briefing - Agriculture, Fisheries and the Rural Economy

 

20

15.12.2017

Email

HALC

Citizens Advice Briefing - Rural Post Office Use

 

21

18.12.2017

Email

AONB

News round up from Cranborne Chase AONB (December 2017)

 

22

19.12.2017

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Conservation Area update

10.01.2018

23

19.12.2017

Email

HCC

Hampshire County Council Footpath Community Engagement Ranger

 

24

20.12.2017

Email

HCC

News for Local Councils

 

25

20.12.2017

Email

HALC

Support Sought by Crookham Village PC

29.01.2018

26

20.12.2017

Email

NFNPA- Planning

Applications - 17/00995 - Hill View, Woodgreen Common Road, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2BQ - Two storey rear extension; 2no. Juliet balconies; 1no. rooflight; cladding; render (demolition of existing single storey side extension) (AMENDED PLANS)

 

27

20.12.2017

Email

NFALC

No referendum principles for English Parishes for the next three years

 

28

20.12.2017

Email

NFALC

GDPR update from HALC

 

29

20.12.2017

Email

HALC

General Data Protection Regulations

 

30

20.12.2017

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/17/1084 - BARNS FARM, HALE ROAD, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AJ - Raise No Objections; CONS/17/1098 - VINE COTTAGE, BROOK LANE, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AZ - Raise No Objections; CONS/17/1101 - MULBERRY COTTAGE, BROOK LANE, SP6 2AZ - Raise No Objections

 

31

20.12.2017

Email

HALC

NEW LEGAL HELPLINE SERVICE PROVIDER FOR MEMBER COUNCILS w.e.f. 1st January 2018

 

32

20.12.2017

Email

Hampshire and IOW Wildlife Trust

Invitation to awareness-raising event for Parish Councils re invasive non-native plants

01.03.2018

33

21.12.2017

Email

Zurich

A quick guide to winter health and safety

 

34

22.12.2017

Email

HCC

Your Hampshire

 

35

28.12.2017

Email

NHS

The NHS in Hampshire is under pressure

 

36

28.12.2017

Email

NFNPA

Speaking at Planning Committee Meetings for NFNPA

 

37

28.12.2017

Email

Do the Numbers Ltd

Internal Audit Date 2018

04.06.2018

38

01.01.2018

Email

Friends of the New Forest

Friends of the New Forest Talk

 

39

03.01.2018

Email

NFDC

Death of a senior member of the Royal Family

 

40

04.01.2018

Email

Resident

Verge restoration works, Woodgreen

 

41

05.01.2018

Email

NFNPA- Planning

PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NFNPA 16 JANUARY 2018

 

42

05.01.2018

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Lengthsman available - January 15th & 22nd

 

43

08.01.2018

Email

HALC

Support sought to change Sustainable Communities Act legislation regarding second/holiday homes

 

44

08.01.2018

Email

HALC

Final Audit Annual return documentation 2017/18

 

45

08.01.2018

Email

HALC

Freedom of Information Code of Conduct Consultation

02.02.2018

46

08.01.2018

Email

HALC

Council Chairman celebrates local volunteer heroes

 

47

08.01.2018

Email

NFDC

HALC E-Update - January 2018

 






























 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 8th January 2018

       
 

Total all balances :

£87,330.19

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 01/09/17)

 
 

£11,805.13

£70,431.40

 
 

NS&I (as at 01/01/17)

   
 

£5,093.66

   
       
       
 

Payments since last meeting date :

5-Dec-2017

 

Cheque No

Payee

 

TOTAL COST

939

Peter Kent

Structural Engineer Report

£510.00

940

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for December 2017

£331.25

941

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

942

SSE

Electricity for the Reading Room

£19.76

943

Bournemouth Water

Water supply at the cemetery

£39.13

944

SLCC

SLCC membership renewal

£38.33

945

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental of committee room

£15.00

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

946

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for January 2018

£294.26

947

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

948

Sue Allpress

Website Hosting and Christmas Tree

£75.00

949

TP Jones and Co LLP

Payroll costs October - December 2017

£54.00

       
 

Receipts since last meeting date :

5-Dec-2017

 

Date

Received From

Details

 

21/12/2017

Spire Memorials

Memorial Request

£100.00