Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 5th July 2016 at 7.30 pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Pete Skinner (PS) (left at 8:55pm), John Clarke (JC) & Julia Wilkie (JW).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and County Councillor Edward Heron (arrived just before item 14)

16.105    Apologies for Absence: Apologies were received from Parish Councillor Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Sue Allpress (SA) and John Sanger (JS)

16.106    Declarations of interest: No declarations of interest were declared. The Clerk confirmed that she had forwarded JS’ amended Declaration of Interest form to NFDC.

16.107    Minutes of previous meeting on 07/06/2016: It was then unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

16.108    Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Responsibility for producing Woodgreen Welcome Packs - SA not present so no update provided.

  • The Clerk had received the following response from BT in relation to the painting of the telephone box:

The box is not listed and it could take up to 24 months to be painted, if BT considered it worthwhile to do so.

At present the box is not profitable and the advisor advised informally that highlighting the fact that it requires maintenance could put the telephone box on BT’s removal list.

It was suggested for the Council to look at adopting the box for the community.

     County Cllr Edward Heron later advised that the telephone box cannot be removed without district

     Council’s consent and would provide details of the necessary legislation at the next meeting

  • Annual service of fire extinguisher. After much chasing, the Clerk confirmed that a Chubb engineer will conduct an annual service of the fire extinguisher on 6th July 2016

16.109    Public Participation: No members of the public were present.

16.110    Planning Applications:

  • 16/00170 WILD CLOSE, WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD, WOODGREEN, SP6 2QX

After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED to abide by their original recommendation (forwarded to NFNPA on 12th April 2016) in relation to the above matter:

PAR 2 -  We recommend REFUSAL, for the reasons listed below, but would accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority's Officers under their delegated powers:

The Parish Council feels that the application goes against recommendations for property boundaries made by the Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group. The Parish Council would prefer a lower temporary fence to be erected whilst indigenous hedging could be planted in keeping with the local area. The examples given of other fencing in the area were erected prior to recommendations from the steering group being issued.

The Clerk is to advise NFNPA accordingly.

Tree Works Applications:

  • CONS/16/0627 - Fell 1 x Conifer tree - Hartfield, Lower Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2BE

  • CONS/16/0643 - Prune 1 x Willow tree, Prune 1 Ash tree - Amberleigh House, High Street, Woodgreen, SP6 2AR

  • CONS/16/0656 - Fell 1 x Conifer tree - Silver Birches, Hale Road, Woodgreen, SP6 2AJ

After a short discussion, the Parish Council agreed that no comments were necessary in relation to these three applications.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications are reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1 and advised that the presentation of the recent workshop (Planning Policy and the Local Plan Review) held on Thursday 16th June 2016 had been forwarded by email to all parish councillors.

16.111    Repairs to Gateposts in Hall’s Field: VE advised that guidance was still awaited from HALC and had been chased on several occasions. SH then advised that he had looked at the documentation in place, which is effectively a grazing licence and not a full repairing. The tenant had confirmed that he would make the field stock proof but it would not be the most attractive job. It was agreed for SH to arrange a formal quotation for the work required and report back at the next meeting.

16.112    Verge Protection Programme: JC provided an update. The dragons teeth are now all installed although it is not clear when the ditchwork will be undertaken. JC will also meet with Sean Marsh, Forestry Commission, on 13th July 2016 to discuss ‘forest edge improvement’ and will report back at the next meeting. The clerk advised that a villager had telephoned her about the dragons teeth installed near Steels Drove and had been advised to contact the Forestry Commission.

16.113    Roads & Ditches:  

In relation to the condition of roads within the village, JS and the Clerk met with Bob Brown (Highways at Hampshire County Council)  on 17th June 2016 to run through any outstanding or new tasks. After the meeting, the following actions were undertaken:

  • The gravel has been swept on Lower Common Road

  • The pipe and carriageway edge on Lower Common Road have had a quick repair done.

  • A job will be raised for the entrance units outside Red Cottage.

  • Ragwort is on the system for treating already.

  • Mares (Horse) Tail will be added to the system.

Following a short discussion, it was agreed that the Clerk should advise Bob Brown that the repairs to the cattle grid located towards Hale had not been effective as it was still very noisy and that the potholes on both sides of Breamore Road were getting worse.

16.114    Hedges and Footpaths

Due to EH not being present, an update was not available in relation to Trims Drove.

16.115    Parish Lengthsman: The Parish Lengthsman’s next visit to the village is scheduled to be on 25th July 2016. The Clerk reminded the Council that the worksheet is to be forwarded to Fordingbridge Town Council two week before the Lengthsman’s scheduled visit (i.e. by Friday 8th July 2016) and that any new tasks are to be forwarded to JS prior to this date. After a short discussion, it was agreed that the following two tasks could be added to the worksheet and the Clerk will advise JS accordingly:

  • To strim brambles inside and outside at the bottom of the railings at the cemetery

  • To repair gateposts in Halls Field if able to do so

16.116    Cemetery Report:

  • SH led the discussion about unapproved memorials. He confirmed that the letter agreed at the last meeting had been forwarded and that the family had complied promptly. The members of the Parish Council wished to express their thanks for such prompt action. SH confirmed that he would undertake further research in relation to unapproved memorials in the cremation area.

  • The Clerk confirmed that she had met with Steven Grove, Community Payback, in relation to the maintenance of the cemetery railings on Thursday 23rd June 2016. Community Payback would be able to undertake the maintenance (i.e. removal of moss) and painting of the cemetery railings towards the end of the summer. Donation fee is £85 per day although the parish council will need to provide Hammerite paint and brushes (County Cllr Heron later advised that he should be able to provide a grant for such materials). Task should take at least one week with approximately 7 sections painted on a daily basis. After a short discussion, the Parish Council RESOLVED that Community Payback should undertake the task of repainting the cemetery railings with the proviso that there would be at least 5 members attending on a daily basis. Clerk to confirm with Steven Grove accordingly.

  • Following the postponement of the meeting on 24th June 2016, the cemetery committee will now meet at 10.30am on 15th July 2016.

  • The Clerk advised that the lady who asked about the maintenance of individual graves would like to ask Cutting Edge for a quote in maintaining individual graves as she would not personally know who may respond to an advert in the parish magazine. Clerk to contact Cutting Edge accordingly.

16.117    Correspondence: The Clerk advised that relevant correspondence had been forwarded to councillors as per the correspondence files (Appendix 1) and advised of any recent correspondence received. Consultation periods were highlighted and the Chairman drew their attention to the following:

  • 9th June 2016 - Maintenance works to Hale Bridge, Higher End Lane, Hale

  • 13th June 2016 - Action Plan: Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group (WECSG). JC provided a short report. The WECSG would like the members of the Parish Council to consider a list of priorities resulting from this action plan and JC will collate information accordingly.

  • 27th June 2016 - Letter from Hale resident in relation to recent installation of dragons teeth at Densome Corner. After a short discussion, it was agreed that the Clerk should write back to the resident advising that his concerns had been discussed and that he should send a follow up letter, if necessary, copying in the Clerk to the Verderers.

  • 30th June 2016 - Provision of visitor information to camp sites within the National Park. Clerk to advise Craig Daters of Beer Festival held annually at the Horse and Groom.

  • 5th July 2016 - Entrance to Woodgreen Common Enclosure - Steps and wooden handrail. As this entrance is under the jurisdiction of the Forestry Commission, it was agreed for the Clerk to contact the resident and advise accordingly.

County Cllr Edward Heron also brought the following items to the Parish Council’s attention:

  • Appletree Careline: The Parish Council was advised that the County Councillor was able to fund up to 10 units for residents within his division

  • 29th June 2016 - NFDC: Local Plan Review: This was highlighted to the members as it reflects the district council’s future housing objectives in areas just outside of the National Park. The consultation dates for the NFNPA Local Plan should be forwarded later in the summer

  • The consultation in relation to devolution and local government organisation should be out shortly.

  • The LGBCE review of Hampshire County Council will report in August.

16.118 Financial report: Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk. The most recent bank statement was also presented to the Council and quarterly reconciliation signed by Chairman.

  • Income: No income received although it was noted that funds from NS&I currently in Lloyds account

  • Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2):

Cutting Edge - £170 and HALC - £42

Santander - Payment of £17759.67 would now be forwarded to Santander by CHAPS payment for reinvestment as per previous meeting minutes

  • Grant Aid: The two requests from TUFF and Victim Care Service were discussed. Unfortunately due to limited Section 137 monies, the Parish Council is unable to provide any funds at the present time. However, the Clerk was asked to respond to TUFF and ask, that if they would like to apply at a later date, whether they could confirm how many children from Woodgreen attend their events.

  • Annual Return 2015-2016 - Following a minor query in the relation to the Fixed Asset Register, BDO has confirmed that the annual return has now been completed and is awaiting review.

16.119 Meetings attended:  

VE    10th May 2016 - Alacrify - Website training. Website now updated in line with Transparency Code requirements and parish clerk email address now in force

SH    23rd June 2016 - HALC Introduction to Appraisals

16.120 Matters to be raised on the next agenda: BT telephone box, Repairs to Gateposts in Hall’s Field, Trims Drove update, Clerk’s appraisal and archiving process

The meeting ended at 9:28pm.    

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 2nd August 2016 at 7.30pm

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden,

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

NB:       These are draft minutes until approved at next Woodgreen Parish Council Meeting.

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 07/06/2016 - 05/07/2016

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

7-Jun-2016

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council: Business booms at second New Forest Expo in Brockenhurst

 

7-Jun-2016

Email

NFDC

New heights for Chairman's charity raising

 

8-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/0481 - Lavender Cottage - Raise no objections

 

9-Jun-2016

Email

NFDC

Detailed local government review now seeks opinions of residents and business

 

9-Jun-2016

Email

HCC

Maintenance works to Hale Bridge, Higher End Lane, Hale

17th June 2016

10-Jun-2016

Email

NFDC

Invitation to NFDC Civic Service - 3rd July 2016

24 June 2016

10-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NEW FOREST NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY

21st June 2016

12-Jun-2016

Email

TUFF

Request for Grant Aid

 

13-Jun-2016

Email

NFDC

Chairman's charity abseil

 

13-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group Meeting Draft Notes 06.06.2016

 

14-Jun-2016

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan of Key Decisions - 1 July to 30 September 2016 - http://newforest.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=460&p=0

 

15-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Decision - CONS/16/0500 - Dongoa, High Street, SP6 2AU - Raise no objections

 

15-Jun-2016

Email

BDO

Query re Fixed Asset Register

 

17-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Planning Application 16/00170 WILD CLOSE, WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD, WOODGREEN, SP6 2QX

13th July 2016

18-Jun-2016

Royal Mail

NFDC

Careline - Annual Report 2015

 

20-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA

Presentation -Town & Parish Council training session - Planning Policy in the National Park - 16 June 2016

 

22-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

16/00332 - Belvedere, High Street, SP6 2AU - Withdrawn

 

22-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/0627 - Fell 1 x Conifer tree - Hartfield, Lower Densome Wood, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2BE

20th July 2016

23-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Planning Application 16/00170 WILD CLOSE, WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD, WOODGREEN, SP6 2QX

Revised date - 3rd August 2016

24-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Enforcement

Enforcement Case EN/16/0020

Revised date - 3rd August 2016

24-Jun-2016

Email

The Conservation Volunteers

The Conservation Volunteers Kent, Singleton Environment Centre Newsletter June 2016

 

25-Jun-2016

Royal Mail

Victim Care Service

Grant Aid Request

 

27-Jun-2016

Royal Mail

Bournemouth Water

Further water bill re Woodgreen Community Shop

 

27-Jun-2016

Royal Mail

Hale Resident

Letter re installation of Dragons Teeth at Densome Corner

 

27-Jun-2016

Email

HCC - Highways

Update following meeting on 17th June 2016

 

28-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/0643 - Prune 1 x Willow tree, Prune 1 Ash tree - Amberleigh House, High Street, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AR

26th July 2016.

29-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/16/0542 - Amberleigh House - Raise no objections

 

29-Jun-2016

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council: Local plan review - opportunity to comment on proposals from 15 July

 

29-Jun-2016

Email

BDO

Completion of outstanding Review Points

 

30-Jun-2016

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Lengthsman Visits

 

30-Jun-2016

Email

Craig Daters

Provision of visitor information to camp sites within the National Park

 

30-Jun-2016

Email

TUFF

Grant Aid Request

 

30-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/0656 - Fell 1 x Conifer tree - Silver Birches, Hale Road, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AJ

 

1-Jul-2016

Email

HCC

Small Grant Scheme Deadline

 

5-Jul-2016

Email

Villager

Entrance to Woodgreen Common Enclosure -Steps and wooden handrail - Corner near Crossways

 


 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 5th July 2016

       
 

Total all balances :

£85,073.50

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at May 2016)

 
 

£27,833.17

£52,240.33

 
 

NS&I (as at 27/06/16)

   
 

£5,000.00

   
       
       
       
 

Payments since last meetings date

7-Jun-2016

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

860

Woodgreen Village Hall

Hire of Hall for Annual Parish Assembly 10/05/2016

£12.00

861

M B Whitlock

Repair at Steel's Drove

£894.00

862

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery

£140.00

863

SSE

Electricity

£16.94

864

HALC

Cemetery Management training

£120.00

865

Victoria Eden

Clerk's First Quarter Fees and Expenses

£707.51

866

Avon Security

Purchase of padlock re Steel's Drove

£22.80

867

Ann Simmons

Internal Auditor Fee 2015-2016

£40.00

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

868

Santander

TO BE CANCELLED - PAYMENT REQUIRED BY CHAPS

£67.95

869

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut & strim cemetery plus cutting of brambles

£170

870

HALC

Introduction to Appraisals

£42.00

CHAPS PAYMENT

Santander

To bring balance to £70000 - Withdrawal from NS&I

17759.67

       
 

Receipts since last meetings date

7-Jun-2016

 

Date

Received From

Details

TOTAL AMOUNT

       
       

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you