Minutes of the Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall on Tuesday 4th July 2017 at 7.30pm

Venue had been changed for this meeting following damage sustained to the Reading Room following a vehicle accident.

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), John Clarke (JC), Pete Skinner (PS), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), John Sanger (JS), Sue Allpress (SA) and Julia Wilkie (JW).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and County Councillor Edward Heron

17.115    Apologies for Absence: No apologies were received

17.116    Declarations of interest: JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee.

17.117    Minutes of previous meeting on 06/06/2017: It was then unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

17.118    Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Local distinctiveness template - EH had attended the Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group (WECASG) meeting on 12th June 2017 where it was agreed that these templates were not user friendly and should be revised so that what is special in local areas and why can be more easily documented.

  • Update on Welcome Packs - No update at present time.

17.119 Public Participation Session: No members of the public present

17.120 Planning Applications: Planning Applications Received:

  • 17/00460 - RHOSMARE COTTAGE, WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD, SP6 2BQ - Replacement garage

After a discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above planning application:

PAR 5: We are happy to accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority's Officers under their delegated powers but would like the case officer to take into account the following:

  • the guidance forwarded by the Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group in the Forestry Commission’s leaflet “Boundaries in the Forest” in relation to hedging and fencing and in particular ask the applicant to consider replacing panel fencing with a continuation of the picket fence and/or endemic hedging

  • the New Forest National Park design guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) in relation to the roof line of the garage so that the angles are in keeping with the cottages either side.

The Clerk will forward comments to NFNPA accordingly.

Tree Works Applications:

  • CONS/17/0453 - Silverhayes, 6 Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE - Prune 1 x Ash tree

After a short discussion, the Parish Council agreed that no comments were required in relation to this application.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1.

17.121 Roads & Ditches: Highways confirmed that the sandbox would be moved back to its original position at the top of Woodgreen Common Road. The jetting on Lower Common Road will be done once a road closure is organised. It was also noted that the white lines that have been painted around potholes in Brook Lane have been there for some considerable time and the Clerk is to chase when these repairs are to be done. Cllr Heron also advised that a new contractor will undertake work for Hampshire Highways as from 1st August 2017.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

A resident who annually clears the ragwort in Hale Road, has also asked whether there would be a general ragwort clear up in the village this year.  Chairman requested that all parishioners, using gloves, pull and remove any ragwort on their own land and, if possible, on verges just outside their properties. SH will review the Woodgreen Common area and report back. Cllr Heron advised that ragwort pulled should put in the household waste black bags for collection each Friday, but if there is too much ragwort for such a collection, residents are advised to contact the Forestry Commission to find out the nearest collection point. Further advice can be found at the following link:

http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20094/commoning/45/ragwort

17.122 Hedges and Footpaths: There are still some properties where hedges are overgrown near Little Drove and Brook Lane. SH confirmed that he will write or speak to the individual homeowners concerned. The members reiterated that the Parish Council would be pleased if householders would trim their hedges back on all highways and rights of way so that there is clear passage for delivery vehicles, cars and pedestrians.

17.123 Parish Lengthsman: The Clerk confirmed that the Parish Lengthsman’s next visit to the village is on 10th July 2017 and a worksheet has been forwarded accordingly. Possible new tasks included:

  • Cutting of vegetation at the end of Grace Lane

  • Brambles to be removed near seat on Love Lane

The recent correspondence from Fordingbridge Town Council was also discussed and members were encouraged to forward on any other new tasks to JS but were reminded that, as yet, the Parish Lengthsman does not have the authority to work on highways.

17.124 Cemetery Report: The Clerk confirmed that the record keeping project is still ongoing. PS to look into repair to bench by next meeting.

17.125    Telephone Box: Contract has been forwarded to Dixon and Templeton. Clerk had chased for a response and will report back at next meeting

17.126 Asset of Community Value Register: SH provided an update following the request, forwarded by NFDC on 26th June, from the owners of the Horse and Groom public house for NFDC to review their decision to list the property as an ACV. The owners requested more evidence that the village pub was used for community activities and questioned why the field(s) at the rear of the property were included in the ACV. It was noted that their correspondence included a sketch plan for 9 homes to be built on the field(s), although an application for planning permission has yet to be submitted. SH and JC had drafted a reply on behalf of the council which gave more evidence, confirming that the ACV only included the business premises, being the front car park, current beer garden and licenced premises, and also pointing out that any planning application would need to be submitted to NFNPA in accordance with its local plan, not the NFDC.   The letter was considered by the members, minor amendments made and the Clerk is to forward this letter to NFDC by 7th July 2017 as requested and asking for their continued support to keep the village pub on the ACV Register. Thanks were expressed to SH and JC for all their work in the time allowed.

17.127    Annual Service of Fire Extinguisher: Clerk had contacted CHUBB to set up separate account and was waiting to hear back. Last inspection done on 6th July 2016.

17.128    Reading Room: SH gave an overview of damage sustained at the Reading Room following a vehicle accident on 3rd July 2017. Damage includes but is not limited to:

  • Damage to right hand side and front

  • Ridge line now has gap and asbestos roof will need to be repaired/replaced

  • Electrical line now kinked.

  • Fence and gate post damaged

  • Damage to neighbour’s fence

SH thanked David Timms and Charlie Warne for making the building safe following the incident. It was noted that documents are still stored inside and could possibly be moved into the Village Hall for safekeeping. An insurance claim is now proceeding and Clerk/EH is waiting to meet with loss adjustor.

Due to this incident, painting of the exterior of the Reading Room is suspended at the present time.

17.129    Application to the Transparency Fund: To meet ongoing requirements to the Transparency Code, the Clerk had drafted an application to the Transparency Fund so that the Parish Council could purchase IT equipment including a laptop, software and anti-virus software. The members agreed that they were happy for such an application to be made although the Clerk is to research the cost of a hard drive which could also be added to the application.

17.130    Clerk’s Appraisal and Confirmation of New Role: 14th August 2017 was set as the date for the Clerk’s appraisal. The Clerk also confirmed that she had accepted the role of clerk for Breamore Parish Council, working 3 hours per week.

17.131 Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

19.    RMS consultation - JS encouraged members to forward comments prior to 13th August 2017

22.    New Forest National Park Local Plan Review - Informal Consultation - Comments required by 26th July 2017

23.    Rural Communities Fund - Clerk is to investigate whether this fund would cover maintenance of adopted telephone boxes.

32.    Forestry Commission - New Forest Design Plan - Comments required by 31st July 2017

17.132 Financial report:

a)    Income: Jack McNulty - £250 and Woodgreen Community Shop - £10

b)    Expenditure:  Invoices received since last meeting to be approved & cheques signed:

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

918

Victoria Eden

Clerk's July's salary and expenses

£355.14

919

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

17.133    Meetings attended:

EH - 12/06/2017 - Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group meeting

JS - 20/06/2017 - Planning Development Control Meeting; 26/06/2017 - Development of Local Plan meeting

17.134    Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Annual litter pick

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 1st August 2017 at 7.30pm. Venue to be confirmed.

SH closed the meeting at 9.12pm.

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 06.06.2017 - 04.07.2017

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

1

Not known

By Hand

Hyde Resident

Personal response to RMS Consultation

 

2

06/06/2017

Email

Hampshire County Council (HCC)

Free Hampshire County Council Electric Vehicle Charging Point briefing on 03 July

 

3

07/06/2017

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Decisions - 17/00253/LBC - 17/00311/FULL - THE COTTAGE, HIGH STREET, SP6 2AR - Installation of an Air Source Heat Pump; Internal alterations (Application for Listed Building Consent) - Grant Subject to Conditions

 

4

07/06/2017

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Conservation Area meeting - Monday 12 June

 

5

07/06/2017

Email

HCC

Increase in Flytipping on Dorset/Hampshire Border

 

6

08/06/2017

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NEW FOREST NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY 20 JUNE 2017

 

7

08/06/2017

Email

NFALC

NFALC Minutes - 20.04.17

 

8

08/06/2017

Email

NFNPA

NW Quadrant Meeting 19 June Agenda

 

9

09/06/2017

Email

NFALC

UK Cycling Events - Summer 1st July

 

10

09/06/2017

Email

HCC

Repositioning of sandbox from the top to the bottom of Woodgreen Common Road

 

11

12/06/2017

Email

NFDC

A successful first year of Film:NewForest

 

12

13/06/2017

Email

NFDC

New Forest Green Halo Briefing Appletree Court 19th July

 

13

14/06/2017

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Decisions - 17/00354/FULL - HAWKSWOOD HOUSE, CASTLE HILL, SP6 2AX - Replacement dwelling - Withdrawn

 

14

14/06/2017

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/17/0390 - ORCHARD END, HIGH STREET, SP6 2AU - Raise No Objections

 

15

15/06/2017

Email

NFNPA

NW Quadrant Meeting 19 June 2017 - CANCELLED

 

16

16/06/2017

Email

HCC

Your Hampshire

 

17

16/06/2017

Email

Friends of the New Forest

New Forest Association Anniversary

 

18

19/06/2017

Email

Brymore Productions

Interactive and Engaging Theatrical Performances for local Children and Families

 

19

19/06/2017

Email

NFNPA

RMS consultation

13/08/2017

20

20/06/2017

Email

HCC

The Small Grants Scheme COUNTRYSIDE ACCESS is changing…

 

21

20/06/2017

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Parish Briefing Note 17/00460 RHOSMARE COTTAGE, WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD, SP6 2BQ

 

22

20/06/2017

Email

NFNPA

New Forest National Park Local Plan Review - Informal Consultation

26/07/2017

23

21/06/2017

Email

HALC

Rural Communities Fund - Apply Now

 

24

21/06/2017

Email

Cranborne Chase AONB

News roundup from Cranborne Chase AONB (June 2017)

 

25

22/06/2017

Email

HALC

URGENT - 19th July 2017 - Focus on: Transparency and Budgeting - Progress on one and getting the most out of the other - Cost £40

 

26

22/06/2017

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Parish Lengthsman - Call for more worksheets please

 

27

22/06/2017

Email

HALC

Hampshire Association of Local Council Awards 2017

1 September 2017

28

23/06/2017

Email

NFNPA

Recreation management consultation - Consultative Panel members

13 August 2017

29

23/06/2017

Email

NFDC

Procurement Contracts open to Towns & Parishes

 

30

26/06/2017

Email

NFDC

Emergency Planning Advice

 

31

26/06/2017

Email

NFDC

Horse and Groom, WoodGreen, ACV Review

7 July 2017

32

27/06/2017

Email

NFNPA

Forestry Commission - New Forest Design Plan

31 July 2017

33

28/06/2017

Email

Freshwater Habitats Trust

New Forest Water Wildlife Month

 

34

29/06/2017

Email

Chairman

Concern re ragwort issue

 

35

29/06/2017

Email

Hampshire County Council

News for Local Councils

 

36

30/06/2017

Email

NFDC

New app for New Forest Health & Leisure

 







 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 4th July 2017

       
 

Total all balances :

£86,843.21

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 01/10/16)

 
 

£11,703.59

£70,045.96

 
 

NS&I (as at 01/01/17)

   
 

£5,093.66

   
       
       
 

Payments since last meeting date :

6-Jun-2017

 

Cheque No

Payee

 

TOTAL COST

913

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for June 2017

£282.17

914

SSE

Electricity for the Reading Room

£29.64

915

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

916

Woodgreen Village Hall

Hire of Hall for Parish Assembly

£12.00

917

Ann Simmons

Internal Audit fee

£40.00

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

918

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for July 2017

£355.14

919

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

       
 

Receipts since last meeting date :

6-Jun-2017

 

Date

Received From

Details

 

06/06/2017

Woodgreen Community Shop Association Ltd

Rental costs - 2017-2018

£10.00

21/06/2017

Jack McNulty

Halls Field Rental Costs - 2017-2018

£250.00

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you