Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of

WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 3rd July 2018 at 7.30pm

 

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), John Clarke (JC), Pete Skinner (PS) (left at 9.31pm, after 18.141), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Sue Allpress (SA) and John Sanger (JS).

 

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and three residents

 

18.125 Attendance Book and Apologies for Absence:Following completion of the Attendance book, apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Lance Benest (LB)

 

18.126Declarations of interest: JS in relation to his role on NFNPA Planning Committee.

 

18.127 Minutes of previous meeting on 12/06/2018:Following a review of the minutes, it was unanimously RESOLVEDthat the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

 

18.128 Matters arising from previous minutes not appearing as agenda items: 

  1. Parish Council email addresses - LB assisting members not using parish councillor email addresses to date and will report back at next meeting.
  2. Replacement of Benches - It was noted that, as well as the benches on the Common needing repair, the bench near the bus shelter also requires attention. Clerk confirmed that she had received correspondence from the Forestry Commission and Hyde Parish Council about possible new benches which would each cost £420.00

            PS advised that he had liaised with a local contractor who advised that it would be 

more cost effective to replace the benches and would forward an estimate accordingly. 

It was noted that the current benches are considerably longer than many modern benches so if possible any replacement should match the existing. 

 

  1. Protocol in the event of the death of a senior royal - NFDC has delivered files for condolences to be recorded to the Clerk.

 

18.129Public Participation Session: 

Two residents expressed concerns about the maintenance of Hall House, particularly in relation to the poor condition of fences and trees. Residents were encouraged to liaise with NFDC if they consider that the landlord is not fulfilling their obligations and contact NFNPA for advice in relation to the condition of the trees. County Councillor Heron could also be made aware and his contact details were forwarded on accordingly. Clerk to liaise with County Cllr Heron as well.

Concern was also raised about the recent tree works application CONS/18/0464 as a resident felt that the proposed felling was excessive. This application has now been decided but if residents have any concerns about a particular application they are encouraged to contact a parish councillor or come to the meeting prior to a decision being made. The long term plastic sheeting around this property was also felt to be a concern. Clerk to request advice from NFNPA and write to landowner with relevant leaflet if appropriate.

The sale of the Horse and Groom Public House was also discussed as a resident asked if there had been any interest expressed in forming a group in the parish to make a possible purchase. Chairman advised of recent meeting with existing owner of the public house and advised that any interested parties should liaise directly with NFDC. This matter was discussed later in the meeting (18.136).

Two residents then left the meeting at 8.06pm.

 

18.130 Planning

a)         Planning Applications Received:  Nil received.

b)         Tree Applications Received: 

  1. CONS/18/0586 - BYWAYS, BROOK LANE, SP6 2AZ -

Prune 1 x Holly tree Prune 1 x Laurel (Exempt works)

 

Other Planning Matters:

The Clerk read aloud a response from the NFNPA Enforcement team advising that they would not take action over a report of long term plastic sheeting surrounding another property. As mentioned under 18.129, Clerk will contact NFNPA for further advice.

The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1. 

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the

NFNPA website athttp://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4

or contact Clerk.

 

18.131Roads & Ditches: Hampshire Highways forwarded the following update in relation to issues in the village:

  1. Levels at cattle grid at Hale to be rectified when replaced
  2. Concerns in relation to drainage work near Red Cottage had been forwarded although it was noted that there is now a loose manhole. Clerk is to liaise with JS and then inform Hampshire Highways accordingly.
  3. Vegetation cutting to take place shortly on road from Breamore to Woodgreen. It was highlighted that cutting does not take place around signage but members queries whether this should be done to address safety concerns. Clerk to liaise with Hampshire Highways accordingly

 

Details of all planned road works can be found at https://roadworks.org/

 

Parishioners are reminded to report any Highways concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website athttp://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblemsor contact Clerk. 

 

 LB continues to liaise with NFDC in relation to SID deployment and will report back at next meeting.

 

18.132 Hedges and Footpaths: LB has trimmed Halls Field footpath to make access easier for villagers at the present time. Clerk continues to liaise with Country Access Team for guidance on future maintenance

The brambles on the Common to be cut following correspondence from Forestry Commission.

A resident has complained about grass cuttings being left in fields with ponies near Densome Wood. Chairman to liaise with resident to ascertain location and advise Cutting Team accordingly.

Annual notice in relation to vegetation cutting to be forwarded to parish magazine.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via website athttps://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or 

contact Clerk.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping online via the NFNPA website athttp://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20096/unspoilt_landscape/44/litter/2or contact Clerk.

 

18.133 Parish Lengthsman:JS gave an update following the Parish Lengthsman’s visit to the village on 2nd July 2018. Members were asked to forward on any new tasks to JS to add to the rolling programme of work on the worksheet and next visit on 24th September 2018

 

18.134 Cemetery Report: An enquiry was received in relation to the interment of ashes into an existing plot. Clerk is to liaise with Chairman to ascertain further information. Cemetery Committee will also arrange meeting to consider ongoing maintenance.

 

18.135Reading Room: Second estimate has been forwarded to DAC Beachcroft solicitors and the parish council now awaits instructions for work to commence.

 

18.136 Asset of Community Value - SH and JC have now met with Hall and Woodhouse, owner of the Horse and Groom public house, during which it was already confirmed that had already been outside interest in purchasing the premises and running it as a public house. It was highlighted that there is only a six week period (called the Interim Moratorium) for the parish council or a Community Interest Group to inform NFDC in writing that they want to submit an Expression of Interest to bid for the asset and this ends on 24th July 2018. Members discussed whether further notices should be displayed or whether a public meeting should be held.

As a resident expressed interest at the meeting in setting up a Community Interest Group, the members RESOLVEDthe following:

The Parish Council thinks that there is interest that may come together within 6 months to form a bid so will instigate the interim moratorium.

Clerk is to forward this statement to NFDC and a poster is to be displayed advising that a statement has now been forwarded to the district council.

EH advised that the local MP is also aware of matter.

 

18.137Parish Council Website - 

  • GDPR changes - Website provider has advised that the parish council must commit to an ongoing support package (at a cost of £25pm) to ensure that GDPR regulations are meet. It was agreed that further research is required and that a decision is to be deferred until the Clerk is able to liaise with LB.
  • Increase of storage - Further research is required and a decision is to be deferred until the Clerk is able to liaise with LB.

 

18.138 Telephone box - Chairman advised that this had been repainted at a cost of £215.00 (this cost had previously been agreed as good value at meeting dated 6th June 2017 (17.109)) and members RESOLVEDto authorise payment accordingly. Work on Local History Information Kiosk ongoing.

 

18.139Regulatory Documentation: Approval of regulatory documentation to be deferred until next meeting.

 

18.140Correspondence:The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

 

15.       National Grid Visual Impact Provision (VIP) project: New Forest Community Liaison Group - 

9th July 2018 - EH to attend on behalf of Parish Council and Clerk to advise accordingly

29.       Woodgreen WI garden party invite (15th August 2018) forwarded to all members and their partners

32.       RMS Consultation to be added to next agenda as deadline for comments 12th August 2018. Hard copy to be forwarded to JS.

50.       Woodgreen Preschool garden - This matter is to be added to next agenda

52.       Notification of travellers in local area

 

18.141 Financial report:

  • Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk

●      Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2)

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

974

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for July 2018

£302.44

975

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

976

T P Jones

Payroll costs

£54.00

977

S Marlow

Repainting of Telephone Box

£215.00

 

18.142 Meetings attended

  • Quadrant meeting - 4th June 2018 - SA & JS
  • NFNPA Special Meeting (RMS) - 15th June 2018 - JS
  • NFNPA Full Meeting - 15th June 2018 - JS
  • NFNPA Planning Committee - 19th June 2018 - JS
  • National Grid VIP New Forest Briefing - 19th June - JC and JS

 

18.143 Matters to be raised on next agenda:Preschool garden; Sale of Horse and Groom - Asset of Community Value; parish council website; RMS Consultation and Hale Purlieu pylons (and possible road closures)

 

Date of Next Meeting: It was agreed for the next parish council meeting to be held on Tuesday 

7th August 2018 at 7.30pm. 

 

SH closed the meeting at 9.48pm. 

 

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

 

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website:www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

 

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 13.06.2018 - 03.07.2018

 
 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

1

13.06.2018

Email

Ordnance Survey

Open OS MasterMap announcement

   

2

13.06.2018

Email

County Cllr

Access Rangers South - Contact details

   

3

14.06.2018

Email

HCC

Public consultation in relation to street lighting, supported passenger transport services and the concessionary travel scheme

05.08.2018

 

4

14.06.2018

Email

HALC

Cycling events not notified about

   

5

14.06.2018

Email

NFNPA

WECA Steering Group meeting - 11 June 2018

   

6

14.06.2018

Email

Woodgreen Resident

Update on replacement of cattle grid

   

7

14.06.2018

Email

NHS

Extended Hours Primary Care Hubs

   

8

14.06.2018

Royal Mail

NFDC

Asset of Community Value - Notification of Disposal - Further information

   

9

16.06.2018

Email

Downton Link

Downton Link Summer Events

   

10

16.06.2018

Email

Downton Link

Minutes of meeting 12 June 2018

   

11

17.06.2018

Email

Des Swayne, MP

Horse and Groom Public House - Woodgreen - Post Code SP6 2AS

   

12

18.06.2018

Email

Camargue

National Grid VIP New Forest briefing - Tuesday 19 June

   

13

19.06.2018

Email

Cllr Benest

Speed detection

   

14

19.06.2018

Email

HALC

News for Local Councils

   

15

19.06.2018

Email

National Grid

National Grid Visual Impact Provision (VIP) project: New Forest Community Liaison Group

09.07.2018

 

16

19.06.2018

Email

Woodgreen resident

Comments re sale of Horse and Groom

   

17

19.06.2018

Email

NFDC

Marking the death of a senior member of the Royal Family

   

18

20.06.2018

Email

HCC

New Consultation – Hampshire County Council Permit Scheme for Road Works and Street Works

31.07.2018

 

19

20.06.2018

Email

Alacrify

URGENT ACTION REQUIRED! GDPR Audit and Updates (Woodgreen Parish Council)

25.06.2018

 

20

20.06.2018

Email

NFNPA

Date of the next NW Quadrant meeting

03.09.2018

 

21

20.06.2018

Email

HALC

Consultation on proposals to change street lighting, supported passenger transport services and the concessionary travel scheme in Hampshire

05.08.2018

 

22

21.06.2018

Email

NFDC

Join in the nation to mark the First World War centenary

   

23

22.06.2018

Email

Alacrify

Extension to deadline

   

24

22.06.2018

Email

NFDC

Website Advice

   

25

22.06.2018

Email

HALC

HCC Community Transport Consultation

   

26

22.06.2018

Email

HALC

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE VILLAGE OF THE YEAR COMPETITION

   

27

22.06.2018

Email

NFALC

Advance notification of cycle event - September 2018

   

28

25.06.2018

Email

HCC

Consultation - Recreation Management Strategy - Town and Parish Councils - NE & NW

12.08.2018

 

29

26.06.2018

Email

Woodgreen WI

WI garden party

15.08.2018

 

30

26.06.2018

Email

HALC

Data Protection Registration

   

31

26.06.2018

Email

NFALC

Brewin Dolphin New Forest Summer cycling Sportive - 7/7/18

   

32

26.06.2018

Email

NFNPA

Consultation - Recreation Management Strategy - Town and Parish Councils - NE & NW

12.08.2018

 

33

27.06.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/18/0456 - Knowle House - Raise no objections; CONS/18/0464 - Hilltop - Raise no objections; TPO/18/0471 - Chestnut Lodge - Grant

   

34

27.06.2018

Email

Hampshire Highways

Woodgreen Parish Council - Ongoing Concerns

   

35

28.06.2018

Email

NFDC

Information Bulletin - June Edition

   

36

28.06.2018

Email

Hyde Parish Council

Guidance re replacement of benches

   

37

28.06.2018

Email

Hosting provider

Disk Usage Warning: The user “woodgree” (woodgreen-pc.gov.uk) has reached their disk quota.

   

38

28.06.2018

Email

HALC

Communications Officer Changes

   

39

28.06.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

New enforcement report

   

40

29.06.2018

Email

NFDC

NFDC at his year's New Forest Show

   

41

29.06.2018

Email

NFDC

New Forest District (Outside The National Park) Local Plan 2016-2036 Part 1 Planning Strategy – Proposed Submission Document: Consultation

12.08.2018

 

42

29.06.2018

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council: New Forest District Council publishes plan to provide 10,500 new homes

   

43

29.06.2018

Email

HCC

Your Hampshire June 2018

   

44

29.06.2018

Email

NFDC

Speed detection update

   

45

01.07.2018

Email

Cemetery Enquiry

Cemetery Enquiry

   

46

02.07.2018

Email

HCC

Street lighting, supported passenger transport services and the concessionary travel scheme consultation

05.08.2018

 

47

03.07.2018

Email

Forestry Commission

Response in relation to cutting brambles and replacing benches

   

48

03.07.2018

Email

Alacrify

Further info re website

   

49

03.07.2018

Email

Camarque

VIP project public events

   

50

03.07.2018

Email

Chairman

Pre-School Garden

   

51

03.07.2018

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Holiday Playscheme

   

52

03.07.2018

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Notification of travellers

   

 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 3rd July 2018

       
 

Total all balances :

£87,335.52

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account*

Santander (as at 01/10/17)

 
 

£11,757.52

£70,460.34

 
 

NS&I (as at 01/01/18)

   
 

£5,117.66

   
       
     
 

Payments since last meeting date :

12th June 2018

 

Cheque No

Payee

 

TOTAL COST

968

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for June 2018

£321.28

969

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

970

Do The Numbers Limited

Internal Audit Fee

£160.00

971

Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsley Parish Council

GDPR Training 29.03.2018

£108.00

972

SSE

Electricity in the Reading Room

£19.99

973

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental Costs

£29.00

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

974

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for July 2018

£302.44

975

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

976

T P Jones

Payroll costs

£54.00

977

S Marlowe

Repainting of Telephone Box

£215.00

       
 

Receipts since last meeting date :

12th June 2018

 

Date

Received From

Details