Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 7th June 2016 at 7.30 pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Pete Skinner (PS) (left at 9.20pm), John Clarke (JC), Julia Wilkie (JW), John Sanger (JS) & Sue Allpress (SA).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk)

16.90   Apologies for Absence: Apologies were received from County Councillor Edward Heron

16.91   Declarations of interest: JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee. SH for his neighbour’s planning application 16/00411 - Dongoa and tree works application CONS/15/0500 - Dongoa. JS also advised that he will forward his amended Declaration of Interest form in due course.

16.92   Minutes of previous meeting on 03/05/2016: It was then unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

16.93   Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Responsibility for producing Woodgreen Welcome Packs - SA provided an update. At present, the contents of the Hyde and Hale packs are being compared with the existing Woodgreen pack. Once a decision has been made in relation to information to be included, the pack will be distributed by a volunteer that has come forward.
  • The Clerk had had no response from BT online in relation to the painting of the telephone box and will continue to chase.
  • Annual service of fire extinguisher. As yet, Chubb has not yet got in contact and JW forwarded contact details for the Clerk to chase.
  • Affordable Housing Guide has been forwarded electronically to all councillors
  • Repair work at Steel’s Drove has now been completed.

16.94   Public Participation: No members of the public were present.

16.95   Planning Applications:

  • 16/00332 - Belvedere

After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above planning application:

PAR 5 - Happy to accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority’s Officers under their delegated powers. The Clerk is to advise NFNPA accordingly.

  • 16/00411 - Dongoa

SH left the meeting whilst this matter was discussed. After a short discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above planning application:

PAR 3 - Recommend PERMISSION for the reasons listed below:

  • The Parish Council’s primary concern is that the property is maintained and remains an asset to the streetscape in Woodgreen.
  • The property must have a viable use for this to be achieved over the long term.
  • The Parish Council considers the property is not suitable to become a separate/permanent residence.
  • There are sufficient community buildings within the village (including Woodgreen Village Shop, Woodgreen Village Hall, Cricket Pavilion, St Boniface Church, and Reading Room)
  • The Council is aware that the property has been marketed unsuccessfully for business use. A local business was offered the property but this offer was declined.
  • The Council recommends that permission should be conditioned
    • to ensure that the use is for holiday letting only.
    • that the details of the Works are to be approved by NPA (conservation officer)  

The Clerk is to advise NFNPA accordingly.

Tree Works Applications:

  • CONS/16/0481 - Lavender Cottage
  • CONS/15/0500 - Dongoa
  • CONS/16/0542 - Amberleigh

After a short discussion, the Parish Council agreed that no comments were necessary in relation to these three applications.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications are reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1 and reminded the Parish Council of the workshop (Planning Policy and the Local Plan Review) to be held on Thursday 16th June 2016.

16.96   Repairs to Gateposts in Hall’s Field: SH provided an update and advised the members that the damage was located on a section bordering the land used by the hall so may not have been caused by the grazing livestock. It was highlighted that there is currently a repairing lease in place. Clerk to review lease with HALC and report back at the next meeting. SH to clarify damage with tenant.

16.97   Roads, hedges & verges:  

  • EH provided an update in relation to the verge protection programme. This work commenced on 23rd May 2016 and the contractor has already installed some dragons teeth. To date, the Forestry Commission has received one formal complaint and this is in relation to a power cable being damaged.  Another contractor will be undertaking the ‘ditch and bank’ work shortly. The Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group may visit the area in due course to see work undertaken.
  • In relation to the condition of roads within the village, JS asked the Clerk to arrange a meeting with Bob Brown (Highways at Hampshire County Council) to run through any outstanding or new tasks and to assess areas of concern in relation to Horsetail.
  • SA advised that she had spoken to the villager who expressed a concern about a boundary hedge being removed and it is hoped that the neighbours will resolve the matter between themselves.
  • EH advised that a fence was collapsing at the bottom of Trims Drove and would speak to the landowners concerned.
  • SH advised that Jack McNulty would be treating the nettles along the footpath in Halls Field and Roger Cunningham had kindly been strimming the grass.

16.98   Parish Lengthsman: The Parish Lengthsman’s next visit to the village is scheduled to be on 25th July 2016 and possible tasks were considered including clearing the ditches on either side of the spring in Trims Drove footpath and the clearance of the cemetery track. The clerk reminded the Council that worksheets are to be forwarded to Fordingbridge Town Council two week before the Lengthsman’s scheduled visit.

16.99   Cemetery Report:

  • SH led the discussion about unapproved memorials and read out a draft letter that he was proposing to send in relation to this matter. Following minor amendments, it was agreed that the Chairman should forward the letter and report back at the next meeting.
  • SH advised that the test area of grass that had been treated was doing well and that he would apply a second treatment in July.
  • The Clerk provided an update further to the recent ‘Cemetery Management Workshop’ that she attended on 4th May 2016. It was agreed that the Cemetery Committee would meet at 10.30am on 24th June 2016 to look into matters further.
  • The Clerk had contacted Community Payback in relation to the maintenance of the cemetery railings and had booked a meeting with Stuart Groves at 9am on Thursday 23rd June 2016.
  • The Clerk advised that she had received a query about the maintenance of individual graves. It was agreed that people wanting individual graves to be maintained should place a small advert in the Parish magazine to find a suitable person to undertake the task. The Clerk will forward a response accordingly.

16.100 Correspondence: The Clerk advised that relevant correspondence had been forwarded to councillors as per the correspondence files (Appendix 1) and advised of any recent correspondence received. Consultation periods were highlighted and the Chairman drew their attention to the following:

  • The notification in relation to Clerk’s pay scales was noted and will be discussed following the Clerk’s future appraisal
  • There was a short discussion in relation to the disturbances at The Drove. The Parish Council has received an offer of a security camera from the Forestry Commission but it was agreed that the problem occurs more in wet weather so the matter will be pursued if necessary in due course.

16.101 Training: The Clerk updated the Council in relation to future HALC training and highlighted the ‘Introduction to Appraisals’ course in Eastleigh on 23rd June 2016 at a cost of £35. SH will return to the Clerk if he is able to attend this training. The Clerk also confirmed that she would be attending website training with Alacrify on Friday 10th June 2016. The Parish Council members agreed that they were happy for the Clerk to claim travel costs to Dorchester. The Parish Council website will be updated with 2015-2016 financial information, regulatory documentation and any new links shortly after this date.

16.102 Financial report: Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk

  • Income: Jack McNulty - £250; WVSA - £10 (as per Appendix 2)
  • Expenditure: It was noted that the cheque for the insurance was signed prior to the meeting (with 10 seats now reflected) due to the renewal date of 1st June 2016 and it was noted that midterm adjustments can be done at any time. The Parish Council were happy with this action having been undertaken. The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2): WVHA - £12; M B Whitlock - £894; Cutting Edge - £140; SSE - £16.94; HALC - £120; Victoria Eden - £707.51;                 Avon Security - £22.80
  • Transfer of funds from NS&I to Santander: Following a short discussion, the Parish Council RESOLVED that funds from NS&I and Lloyds should be transferred to take the Santander investment bond up to £70000 in order to receive a better rate of interest. It was agreed that £17,691.72 should be transferred from NS&I and £67.95 should be transferred from Lloyds. The Parish Council approved and signed a cheque made payable to Santander in the sum of £67.95 and completed a NS&I withdrawal application in the sum of £17691.72.
  • Internal Audit 2015-2016  - The Clerk confirmed that this has now been completed and no concerns were raised. Ann Simmons confirmed that she was happy to continue as Internal Auditor for the new financial year 2016-17 and advised that her fees remained at £40. The Parish Council approved and signed a cheque made payable to Ann Simmons in the sum of £40 for the financial year 2015-2016 and expressed their thanks for her work.
  • Annual Accounts 2015-2016 - The finalised annual accounts and completed Audit Commission Annual Return for the financial year ended 31st March 2016 (including Annual Governance Statement 2015/16) were presented to the Council. The Parish Council RESOLVED that the annual accounts and Audit Commission Annual Return (including the Annual Governance Statement 2015/16) were a correct record. They were then signed and dated by the Chairman and Clerk and are to be forwarded to BDO prior to 13th June 2016.

16.103 Meetings attended

EH                   2nd June 2016             New Forest Consultative Panel

EH, JC, JS       6th June 2016             Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group

PS, JS              16th May 2016           NW Quadrant Meeting

JS                    17th May 2016           Planning Development Control Committee Meeting

After giving an overview of the meetings attended, JS distributed ‘Boundaries to properties in the Western Escarpment Conservation Area’ to parish councillors and JC advised that members of the Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group were considering whether parish councils should put notices on cars which repeatedly parked on verges. JS asked other councillors and the clerk not to contact him via email.

16.104 Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Western Escarpment Action Plan review

The meeting ended at 9.25pm.                                                                                                                             

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 5th July 2016 at 7.30pm

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden,

Email: hello@vickyeden.co.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

NB:       These are draft minutes until approved at next Woodgreen Parish Council Meeting.

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 03/05/2016 - 07/06/2016

 
 

 

Date Received

 

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

May 2016

Royal Mail

NS&I

Changing Variable interest rates

 

 

4-May-2016

Email

HALC

Advice on Future Changes to Data Protection

 

 

4-May-2016

Email

SLCC

The EGM explained – will you be attending?

10-Jun-2016

 

4-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Decisions - 16/00170 - Wild Close - Refuse

 

 

4-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Enforcement

EN/16/0020 - Wild Close - Enforcement Notice issued - Treeworks CONS/16/0447 - Robin Cottage; R14/15/16/0436 - Knowle House - For Information only - no comments required

 

 

4-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/0447 - Robin Cottage; R14/15/16/0436 - Knowle House - For Information only - no comments required - Decision - Exempt works

 

 

5-May-2016

Email

NFALC

RE: NFALC Neighbourhood Planning Group inaugural meeting

20-May-2016

 

5-May-2016

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

 

 

6-May-2016

Email

HALC

HALC May 2016 E-update

 

 

6-May-2016

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NEW FOREST NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY 17 May 2016

 

 

6-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/0481 - Prune 2 x Yew trees - Lavender Cottage, Woodgreen Common Road, Woodgreen, SP6 2BD

02 June 2016.

 

7-May-2016

Royal Mail

Hampshire County Council

HALC Conference on 9th March 2016 and workshop on Planning for Gypsy and Traveller site

 

 

9-May-2016

Email

HALC

Clerk's Survey letter

 

 

9-May-2016

Email

HALC

Bulletin on national developments and meetings

 

 

9-May-2016

Email

HALC

Opportunity To Complete TFG (Task and Finish Group) Parishes 2025 Survey - By 17:00 On 27/5

 

 

10-May-2016

Email

SLCC

News Bulletin - 10th May 2016

 

 

10-May-2016

Email

NFNPA

Building Design Awards 2016

7-Oct-2016

 

10-May-2016

Email

Forestry Commission

Villager's concern re removal of fence

 

 

10-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Parish Briefing Note 16/00332 BELVEDERE, HIGH STREET, WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2AU

8-Jun-2016

 

11-May-2016

Email

HALC

Stress Survey - Summary of Survey Results 2016 and Individual Comments by Clerks

 

 

11-May-2016

Email

Local Government Boundary Commission

Electoral Review of Hampshire: Further Limited Consultation for Havant and New Forest

6-Jun-2016

 

11-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Decision - 16/00189 - Hilldown - Grant subject to conditions

 

 

11-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Application - CONS/16/0481 - Lavender Cottage

 

 

11-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/0500 - Prune 1 x Spruce tree - Dongoa, High Street, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AU

8-Jun-2016

 

11-May-2016

Email

NFNPA

NW Quadrant Meeting Agenda - 16 May 2016

 

 

13-May-2016

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan - June 2016 - http://www.newforest.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=460&p=0

 

 

13-May-2016

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

CPR Training - 7th June 2016

 

 

16-May-2016

Royal Mail

WVSA

£10 cheque

 

 

17-May-2016

Email

Denny Lodge Parish Council

Forestry Commission Inclosures Consultation 2016- Response from Denny Lodge Parish Council

6-Jun-2016

 

17-May-2016

Email

Craig Daters , NFNPA

New Forest National Park Apprentice Ranger Opportunities

 

 

17-May-2016

Email

Villager

Disturbances at The Drove

 

 

18-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/0500 - Prune 1 x Spruce tree - Dongoa, High Street, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AU

8-Jun-2016

 

19-May-2016

Email

Forestry Commission

Confirmation that verge protection work starting on 23/05/2016

 

 

19-May-2016

Royal Mail

NFDC

Appletree Careline

 

 

19-May-2016

Royal Mail

Hampshire County Council

Electoral Review of Hampshire: Further Limited Consultation for Havant and New Forest

 

 

20-May-2016

Email

NFNPA

Neighbourhood Planning Seminar - 30 June 2016 - Lymington

 

 

20-May-2016

Email

NFDC

New Forest Business Expo: Friday 3 June at Brockenhurst College

 

 

20-May-2016

Email

NFALC

NFALC Minutes - 21.04.16

21-Jul-2016

 

23-May-2016

Email

HALC

LGC/NALC supplement survey

 

 

23-May-2016

Email

Hampshire County Council

Hampshire Minerals and Waste Newsletter 14

 

 

23-May-2016

Email

Villager

Notes re forthcoming planning application - 16/00411

 

 

23-May-2016

Email

Cllr Heron

LGBCE review of Hampshire County Council

6-Jun-2016

 

24-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/0542 - Fell 1 x Evergreen tree - Amberleigh House, High Street, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AR

21-Jun-2016

 

25-May-2016

Email

SLCC

National Pay Scale changes

 

 

25-May-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

New application - 16/00411 - Methodist Chapel

 

 

25-May-2016

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group Meeting Agenda 06.06.2016

 

 

26-May-2016

Email

HALC

Councillor Commission Brief

 

 

27-May-2016

Email

NFDC

Rural Housing Week 2016 - Breakfast at The Foresters Arms pub, Brockenhurst. 10am Thursday 14 July

20-Jun-2016

 

27-May-2016

Royal Mail

NFNPA - Planning

Planning application - 16/00411 - Dongoa, High Street, SP6 2AU

 

 

28-May-2016

Email

Cllr Wilkie

Draft letter to Hall Users re AGM 2016

17-Jun-2016

 

31-May-2016

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council - Information Bulletin - May 2016 Edition - http://www.newforest.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=31772&p=0

 

 

31-May-2016

Email

HALC

Councillor Commission

 

 

31-May-2016

Email

Hampshire Alert

New Forest Residents Warned About Courier Fraud

 

 

1-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

16/00227 - Castle Cottage - Grant subject to conditions

 

 

1-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Enforcement

EN/16/0020 - Wild Close - Enforcement Notice issued

 

 

1-Jun-2016

Email

HALC

Continuation of help-desk service for planning queries

 

 

1-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/16/00447 - Robin Cottage - Raise no objections

 

 

2-Jun-2016

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Every Man Remembered'

9th August 2016

 

2-Jun-2016

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO - June 2016

 

 

 

2-Jun-2016

Email

HALC

Letter to Member councils on Hampshire Devolution Deal(s)

 

 

3-Jun-2016

Email

HALC

HALC E-update: June 2016

 

 

4-Jun-2016

Email

Paul Lai

Please Sign Our Petition To Help Reduce Suicides (and Persuade Others To Sign It Too)

 

 

6-Jun-2016

Email

HALC

LCR Opinion Question

 

 

6-Jun-2016

Email

Anchor

A respite break for you and your loved one

 

 

6-Jun-2016

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Parish Briefing Note 16/00411 WOODGREEN METHODIST CHURCH

22-Jun-2016

 

7-Jun-2016

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council: Business booms at second New Forest Expo in Brockenhurst

 

 

 

 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 7th June 2016

 

Total all balances :

£87,020.75

 

 

Balances as at :

 

 

 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at May 2016)

 

 

£12,088.70

£52,240.33

 

 

NS&I (as at 01/01/16)

 

 

 

£22,691.72

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Payments since last meetings date :

3-May-2016

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

857

Cutting Edge

2 visits to the Cemetery

£140.00

858

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental paid by tenant of Halls Field 2015-2016

£250.00

859

Zurich

Insurance

£858.68

 

 

 

 

 

Items for payment

 

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

860

Woodgreen Village Hall

Hire of Hall for Annual Parish Assembly 10/05/2016

£12.00

861

M B Whitlock

Repair at Steel's Drove

£894.00

862

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery

£140.00

863

SSE

Electricity

£16.94

864

HALC

Cemetery Management training

£120.00

865

Victoria Eden

Clerk's First Quarter Fees and Expenses

£707.51

866

Avon Security

Purchase of padlock - Steel's Drove

£22.80

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts since last meetings date :

3-May-2016

 

Date

Received From

Details

TOTAL AMOUNT

5-May-2016

Jack McNulty

Rental (Grazing licence) of Halls Field 2016-2017

£250.00

16-May-2016

Woodgreen Village Shop Association Ltd

Ground rental of Halls Field 2016-2017

£10.00

 

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you