Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of

WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 12th June 2018 at 7.30pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), John Clarke (JC), Pete Skinner (PS) (arrived at 7.38pm (item 18.109) and left at 9.55pm (item 18.122), Ed Hollinghurst (EH) and Lance Benest (LB).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and County Cllr Edward Heron (arrived at 8.05pm (item 18.112.b) and left at 9.48pm (item 18.114)).

 

18.106 Attendance Book and Apologies for Absence: Following completion of the Attendance book, apologies were received and accepted from Cllrs Sue Allpress and John Sanger

18.107    Declarations of interest: No Declarations of Interest were declared

18.108 Minutes of previous meeting on 01/05/2018: Following a review of the minutes, it was unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

18.109 Matters arising from previous minutes not appearing as agenda items:

  • Parish Council email addresses - SH and LB to assist those members who have not yet updated their contact email address to the new parish council email address.

  • Inspection of assets - PS updated the members about the repairs required to the benches in the village, particularly on the Common. Damage to the concrete bench ends and rungs had largely been caused by the ponies. It was agreed that the Parish Council would look to begin a rolling replacement programme with new benches that are both appropriate in the local area as well as being robust. PS to contact local contractor, JC to contact Forestry Commission and Clerk to contact district council for further advice and report back at next meeting.

    Concern was also raised about who had given permission for the memorial benches at Castle Hill viewpoint. If new benches appear, the Forestry Commission is to be

contacted.

    When County Cllr Heron joined the meeting, he advised that funding may be available for replacement benches in the village.

  • Transparency Code - The Clerk  advised that she had submitted 2 hours overtime in relation to updating the website with financial information 2017-2018 as required by the regulations
  • Community Bus Service - No further update although the service appears to be sporadic.

  • Clerk’s update on 27th June 2018 - HALC has cancelled this event but will reschedule later in the year

18.110    Public Participation Session: No members of the public were present.

18.111    Report by County Cllr: County Cllr Heron was not present at the beginning of the meeting.

18.112 Planning

a)    Planning Applications Received:  Nil received.

b)    Tree Applications Received:

Case Ref:

CONS/18/0456

Proposed Works:

Fell/Remove 1 x bank of Lawson trees (old hedge); Fell 1 x Ash tree to fence height; Fell 2 x Holly tree to hedge height; Prune 1 x Yew tree

Site Address:

Knowle House, Woodgreen Common Road, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2BQ

The members agreed that no comments were required in relation to this application and to leave the decision to the tree officer.

Case Ref:

CONS/18/0464 (CONS/18/0316 - Withdrawn)

Proposed Works:

Fell 1 x Oak tree; Prune 2 x Oak trees; Fell 12 x Scots Pine trees; Fell 2 x Birch

tree; Prune 1 x Beech tree; Fell 1 x Beech tree

Site Address:

Hill Top, Warren Copse, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2QY

JC reported that the tree officer had discussed a reduction of the numbers of trees to be felled and had reached agreement with the applicant. The members agreed that they were happy with this adjusted application, provided that it does not create a clear view from the forest to the property. The Clerk is to advise the tree officer accordingly.

Case Ref:

TPO/18/0471

Proposed Works:

Prune 1 x Field Maple tree; Prune 1 x Western Red Cedar tree; Prune 1 x Sweet Chestnut tree; Fell 1 x Silver Birch tree; Prune 1 x Purple Plum tree

Site Address:

Chestnut Lodge, Densome Wood, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2QU

The members agreed that no comments were required in relation to this application and to leave the decision to the tree officer.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1.

The Clerk is to report the long term use of plastic sheeting around a property to the Enforcement team.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the

NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4 or contact Clerk.

18.113    Roads & Ditches: Hampshire Highways forwarded the following update in relation to issues in the village:

  1. Carriageway repairs to be undertaken on High Street from 14th-15th June 2018.

  2. The cattle grid at Hale is planned for major work this financial year. Hampshire Highways are finalising the other 3 grids that require replacement and all should be programmed to start work later in the summer. It was highlighted that the road surface is not level with the cattle grid at present and Clerk is to advice Hampshire Highways accordingly.

  3. The drainage work near Red Cottage is programmed for late June/early July

  4. Hampshire Highways have not conducted any traffic surveys in the area so the recent survey along Brook Lane is likely to have been a ministry of transport initiative.

Details of all planned road works can be found at https://roadworks.org/

Continued concern was expressed about the overgrown vegetation on the road from Breamore into Woodgreen, particularly in relation to the safety of pedestrians. The Clerk is to contact Hampshire Highways to find out when cutting is to be done, prior to the parish council contacting local contractors to undertake the work.

Parishioners are reminded to report any Highways concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

LB advised that he was continuing to research the viability of SID deployment in the village and would report back at a future meeting.

18.114 Hedges and Footpaths: Clerk is liaising with Countryside Access Team for guidance in relation to the overgrown vegetation on the Halls Field footpath and would also contact the Community Access Ranger, copying in County Cllr Heron. LB advised that he would strim area to make access easier for villagers at the present time.

The brambles on the Common had been reported as a concern as problems with rats were increasing and Clerk is to contact the Forestry Commission for guidance.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via website https://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or contact Clerk.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20096/unspoilt_landscape/44/litter/2 or contact Clerk.

18.115 Parish Lengthsman: The Clerk confirmed that the Parish Lengthsman’s next visit to the village is on 2nd July 2018 and members were asked to forward on any new tasks to JS to add to the rolling programme of work on the worksheet.

18.116 Cemetery Report: An enquiry was received and approved by the members in relation to the interment of ashes in an existing family plot. A further enquiry had been received in relation to a memorial and the cemetery rules had been forwarded on accordingly.

The Chairman drew the members attention to comments in the Internal Audit Report that highlighted that the cemetery reserves would require continued justification going forward.

18.117    Reading Room: Matters are progressing following contact from DAC Beachcroft solicitors and the Chairman is to liaise further.

18.118    Regulatory Documentation: The Clerk advised that a privacy notice had been updated onto the website and a data protection log is now in operation. Standing Orders, FOI documentation and Data Protection Policy are to be forwarded for approval at next meeting.

18.119    Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

  • Hale Purlieu Pylons: Members were advised to consider how this project will affect Woodgreen residents (e.g. access concerns, increased traffic and loss of amenities for dog walkers) JC will attend a meeting National Grid are holding with stakeholders and local parishes on 19th June. JS is also attending on behalf of the national park.

  • Cycling Event: To be held on 7th July 2018 and which will run through the village. Further information can be found at the following address:

https://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events/new-forest-summer-sportive/

Details of future events throughout the New Forest can be found at the following address:

http://forms.newforest.gov.uk/ufsatc/ufsmain?formid=EVENT_REGISTER&ebz=1_1529040767829&ebd=0&ebz=1_1529040767829

  • Updated information in relation to both NFNPA and NFDC Local Plans

  • Horse and Groom Public House: Asset of Community Value - Notification of Disposal:

Clerk was notified by NFDC just prior to the meeting. The following actions were agreed:

  1. Notice to be displayed on noticeboard and website for any local group wishing to express an interest in purchasing as a community asset to come forward within the six week period.

  2. SH and JC to visit Hall and Woodhouse to find out more detailed information about the intended sale as a going concern.

  3. EH suggested that we should keep Sir Desmond Swayne MP informed and will write to him on the council’s behalf.

18.120 Financial report:

  • Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk

  • Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2)

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

968

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for June 2018

£321.28

969

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

970

Do The Numbers Limited

Internal Audit Fee

£160.00

971

Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsley Parish Council

GDPR Training 29.03.2018

£108.00

972

SSE

Electricity in the Reading Room (Preauthorised up to £30 as estimated bill received. Up to date meter reading now forwarded)

(TBC)

973

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental Costs

£29.00

18.121    Internal Audit Report: The internal audit report undertaken on 4th June 2018 was received by the Parish Council. Content was noted and would be addressed throughout the financial year. Website to be updated accordingly

18.122    Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2017-2018 Part 2

  1. Approve and Complete Exemption Certificate 2017-18: Woodgreen Parish Council RESOLVED to complete the Certificate of Exemption on the Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2017-2018 as it meets the criteria of a smaller authority where the higher of gross income or gross expenditure did not excess £25,000 in the year of account ended 31st March 2018. The section was signed by Chairman and Clerk accordingly and will now be forwarded to the external auditor

  2. Consider and Approve the Annual Governance Statement: The Parish Council RESOLVED to approve the Annual Governance Statement 2017/2018 The section was signed by Chairman and Clerk. Website to be updated accordingly.

  3. Consider and Approve the Accounting Statements: The final end of year accounts had been amended following receipt of belated bank statement, reflecting additional interest. The Parish Council RESOLVED to approve the Accounting Statements 2017/2018. The section was signed by Chairman and Clerk. Website to be updated accordingly.

  4. To receive dates for the smaller authority’s period for the exercise of public rights: Notice of public rights and publication of annual governance and accountability return will commence on 14th June 2018 and end on 25th July 2018 in line with regulations

18.123 Meetings attended:

  • SH - New Forest Consultative Panel - 7th June 2018

  • JC/EH - Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group - 11th June 2018

18.124 Matters to be raised on next agenda: Horse and Groom Public House: Asset of Community Value - Notification of Disposal; Regulatory documentation

Date of Next Meeting: It was agreed for the next parish council meeting to be held on Tuesday 3rd July 2018 at 7.30pm. Apologies were noted from LB. Further meetings were agreed as 7th August 2018 and 4th September 2018. Clerk to advise village hall accordingly.

SH closed the meeting at 10.12pm.

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 02.05.2018 - 12.06.2018

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

1

02.05.2018

Email

NFNPA

Date of the next NW Quadrant Meeting - VENUE NEEDED

04.06.2018

2

03.05.2018

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

 

3

03.05.2018

Email

UK Cycling Events

Advance notification of cycle event

 

4

03.05.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NFNPA 15 MAY 2018

 

5

08.05.2018

Email

HALC

GDPR Update to all Hampshire ALC members, board members and staff

 

6

10.05.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/18/0284 - NUTHATCH, BROOK LANE, SP6 2AZ - Raise No Objections; CONS/18/0326 - RED COTTAGE, WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD, SP6 2BQ - Raise No Objections; CONS/18/0331 - WEYLAND, BROOK LANE, SP6 2AZ -Raise No Objections

 

7

10.05.2018

Email

Planet Evolving Together

Neighbourhood Planning Seminar *change of venue*

24.05.2018

8

11.05.2018

Email

HCC

New Forest Passenger Transport Forum - 7 June 2018

 

9

11.05.2018

Email

Dept of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy

Free access to aerial photography data

 

10

11.05.2018

Email

Zurich Municipal

Chaser re insurance renewal

 

11

14.05.2018

Email

HALC

Village of the Year 2017 Launch 14 April 2017

 

12

14.05.2018

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan of Key Decisions - 1 June - 31 August 2018

 

13

14.05.2018

Email

Friends of the New Forest

eNewsletters from Friends of the New Forest

 

14

15.05.2018

Email

HALC

Neighbourhood Planning - Your Plan-Evolving Together

24.05.2018

15

15.05.2018

Email

NFDC

Cllr Melville Kendal elected as New Forest District Council Chairman

 

16

15.05.2018

Email

NFDC

GPDR Letter

 

17

15.05.2018

Email

HALC

HALC E-Update May 2018

 

18

16.05.2018

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council: Opt in: Do you wish to continue to receive our media releases?

 

19

16.05.2018

Email

NFNPA

New Forest National Park Local Plan: Submission to Secretary of State

 

20

17.05.2018

Email

HALC

Further update on GDPR and Data Protection Bill

 

21

17.05.2018

Email

HCC

Your Hampshire May 2018: Join our 'Mischief Makers' and more

 

22

17.05.2018

Email

Alacify

Important! How GDPR will affect your services from Alacrify. [122646]

 

23

18.05.2018

Email

Woodgreen Resident

Cemetery Enquiry

 

24

20.05.2018

Email

Woodgreen Village Hall

VH letter to users of AGM 2018

 

25

21.05.2018

Email

Dept of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy

APGB Agreement Welcome email

 

26

21.05.2018

Email

HCC

Invitation - Annual County Service 2018

24.06.2018

27

22.05.2018

Email

HALC

Further Update on GDPR

 

28

22.05.2018

Email

HALC

Another update on GDPR and Data Protection Bill

 

29

23.05.2018

Email

NFNPA

WECA Steering Group meeting - 11 June 2018

 

30

23.05.2018

Email

Woodgreen Resident

Cemetery Enquiry

 

31

23.05.2018

Email

NFNPA Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/18/0353 (Meadow House) - Raise no objections; TPO/18/0356 (Oldings Cottage) - Split decision

 

32

24.05.2018

Email

NFNPA Treeworks

Decision to withdraw - CONS/18/0316 (Hilltop)

 

33

25.05.2018

Email

NFNPA

Consultative Panel 7 June

 

34

25.05.2018

Email

HCC

Parish Council Transport Reps Meeting

16.06.2018

35

30.05.2018

Email

NFNPA

NW Quadrant Meeting Agenda

04.06.2018

36

30.05.2018

Email

NFNPA Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/18/0374 (Merrytree Cottage) - Raise no objections

 

37

31.05.2018

Email

Woodgreen Resident

Cemetery Enquiry

 

38

01.06.2018

Email

HCC

Passenger Tansport Forum Agenda - New Forest

16.06.2018

39

04.06.2018

Email

NFNPA

WECA Steering Group meeting - 11 June 2018

 

40

04.06.2018

Email

HALC

NALC Survey - Community Infrastructure Levy

29.06.2018

41

05.06.2018

Email

HALC

Southampton to London Pipeline Project - June Parish drop-in events

 

42

05.06.2018

Email

Hale Resident

NATIONAL GRID PROPOSAL TO REMOVE PYLONS ON HALE PURLIEU

 

43

06.06.2018

Email

NFNPA

NFNPA FULL AUTHORITY MEETING

15.06.2018

44

06.06.2018

Email

Downton Link

Agenda for Management Committee Meeting 12 June 2018

 

45

06.06.2018

Email

NFNPA Treeworks

Application - R14/15/18/0502 (Holly Bush) - No comments required

 

46

07.06.2018

Email

HCC

Parish Council Transport Representative’s Meeting Agenda - 16 June 2018

 

47

07.06.2018

Email

Woodgreen Resident

Comment re treeworks CONS/18/0456

 

48

07.06.2018

Email

County Cllr

New Forest District (Outside the National Park) Local Plan 2016-2036

 

49

07.06.2018

Royal Mail

T P Jones & Co LLP

GDPR Update

 

50

08.06.2018

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NFNPA

19.06.2018

51

08.06.2018

Email

HALC

Guidance Note - Providing Financial Assistance to a Church

 

52

08.06.2018

Email

HALC

Parish Council Fly-Tipping Enquiry

 

53

08.06.2018

Email

HALC

HALC June E-Update

 

54

11.06.2018

Email

DAC Beachcroft

Reply to letter vehicle collision with Reading Room

 

55

12.06.2018

Email

HCC

Public Consultation and Parish Council Transport Representative’s Meeting

 

56

12.06.2018

Email

Hampshire Highways

Response to queries

 

57

12.06.2018

Email

NFDC

Asset of Community Value - Notification of Disposal

 


























 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 12th June 2018

 

Total all balances :

£88,109.79

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account*

Santander (as at 01/10/17)

 
 

£12,531.79

£70,460.34

 
 

NS&I (as at 01/01/18)

   
 

£5,117.66

   
 

* Bank Statement differs due to uncashed cheque - 2017-2018 - £25

 
 

Payments since last meeting date : 1st May 2018

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

964

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for May 2018

£309.98

965

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

966

NALC

LCR Subscription

£17.00

967

Zurich Municipal

Insurance 2018-2019

£1,001.25

 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

968

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for June 2018

£321.28

969

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

970

Do The Numbers Limited

Internal Audit Fee

£160

971

Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsley Parish Council

GDPR Training 29.03.2018

£108

972

SSE

Electricity in the Reading Room (Preauthorised up to £30 as estimated bill received. Up to date meter reading now forwarded)

TBC

973

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental Costs

£29.00

 

Receipts since last meeting date: 1st May 2018

 

Date

Received From

Details

 

06/04/2018

HMRC

VAT Reclaim 2016-2017

£367.07

01/06/2018

Vicky Eden

Reimbursement of admin fees

£18.00

To be banked

Sandleheath Parish Council

Costs towards Clerk's GDPR Training 29.03.2018

£12.00

To be banked

Breamore Parish Council

Costs towards Clerk's GDPR Training 29.03.2018

£12.00