Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 7th March 2017 at 7.30pm

 

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Julia Wilkie (JW), John Sanger (JS) (leaving at 8.45pm), Pete Skinner (PS) and Sue Allpress (SA)

 

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and two villagers

 

17.39 Apologies for Absence: Received from John Clarke (JC)

 

17.40 Declarations of interest: JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee.

 

17.41 Minutes of previous meeting on 07/02/2017: Following a review of the previous minutes dated 7th February 2017, it was unanimously RESOLVED that these minutes be accepted as an accurate record & were duly signed by SH.

 

Due to two villagers being present at the meeting, the Chairman proposed to move public participation nearer to the start of the meeting. This was agreed by all members.

 

17.42 Public Participation: Following the implementation of the verge protection programme, two villagers expressed concerns in relation to the lack of parking provision at the top of Steel’s Drove due to the installation of dragons teeth. There was then a short discussion about the issuing of licences, concerns about what would happen if emergency access was required and the problems that may occur if certain properties were allowed to be exceptional cases, outside of the verge protection programme. The villagers confirmed that they were going to forward a proposal to the Forestry Commission in relation to their particular circumstances and would also request a site meeting. Two members of the parish council advised that they would be happy to attend such a meeting.

 

17.43 Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Halls House rear fencing - As yet, it doesn't seem that work has been undertaken and Clerk is to contact Halls House to find out further information.

  • Archiving process and fire proof cabinet - The Clerk confirmed that this project is still ongoing and advised that she had attended the Officer’s Update on 1st March 2017, during which Data Protection was discussed. New General Data Protection Regulations are to come into force in 2018 and will have further implications on record keeping. The agenda for this training was not published until after the previous meeting and the Clerk asked if the Council would be happy to share costs with the other parish council that she works for. The members RESOLVED that they were happy for the parish council to pay costs of £24 (including VAT) towards this training.

  • Application for register of community assets has been received by NFDC and the district council hopes to make a decision on the application before the Easter bank holiday weekend, i.e. on or before Thursday 13 April.

  • Speaker for parish assembly on 9th May 2017 - The Village Hall has now been booked. Friends of the New Forest, Cranborne AONB and Freshwater Habitats Trust have been contacted to see if any of the organisations would have a speaker available. Clerk will report back at next meeting

  • Review of regulatory documents -  The Clerk confirmed that the review is still ongoing and updated documents will be forwarded to members at the April meeting.

  • Pony safety collars - PS expressed concerns that as most animal casualties seem to occur during the hours of darkness, would a solution be the use of reflective collars on large animals. After a short discussion, it was agreed for the Clerk to forward a letter outlining concerns and a possible solution to the verderers.

 

17.44 Report by County Councillor: Not present

 

17.45 Planning Applications: No planning applications have been received

 

Tree Works Applications:  

  • CONS/17/0100 - Holly Lodge, Warren Copse, SP6 2QY - Fell 2 x Turkey Oak trees; Fell 1 x Scots Pine tree;

  • CONS/17/0110 - Finches, Brook Lane, SP6 2AZ - Prune 1 x Group of Hornbeam trees

 

After a short discussion, the Parish Council agreed that no comments were required in relation to these applications

 

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1 and issued a reminder about the Enforcement workshop on 22nd March 2017. JS also highlighted the dismissal of the appeal in relation to 16/0020 - Wild Close.

 

17.46 Verge Protection Programme: SH provided a report and confirmed that several actions, requested by the parish council in their letter to the Forestry Commission dated 12th January 2017, had been undertaken. It was also noted that a new rail and steps had been installed to assist access to the enclosure near Crossways. However the Forestry Commission advised that they would not be installing dragons teeth by the post box and were undertaking further work in relation to the cyclepath by Godshill carpark. It was highlighted that the usage of all carparks within the national park is being reviewed, so if some are not used frequently, they may close. Two new concerns were raised - drainage by the cricket pitch and surface water from the top of the village -  and will be investigated accordingly. The excess surface water may be a contributory factor in wearing down verges and JS will find out relevant location, potentially adding clearance of any relevant ditches to the parish lengthsman’s worksheet.

 

17.47 Roads & Ditches: JS provided an update. The water company had looked into the ongoing problems with the drain near the end of Lower Common Road but decided that the issue was Hampshire Highways responsibility and Clerk will contact Hampshire Highways accordingly. PS advised that he would clean the ‘Woodgreen’ sign and the members agreed that they did not wish to lose or have this sign replaced. Hampshire Highways are aware of the concerns in relation to overgrown vegetation on the road into Breamore and it was noted that the post on the bridge has been knocked again. The overgrown bramble near Dodgson Close has been cut. Correspondence in relation to the branches on Lower Common Road was discussed and it was noted that SSE had removed them. The sunken drain near Le Pre, Hale Road, was reported and the Clerk will advise Hampshire Highways accordingly.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

 

17.48 Hedges and Footpaths: SH confirmed that the vegetation had been cut in the High Street. The members reiterated that the Parish Council would be pleased if householders would trim hedges back on all highways and rights of way so that there is clear passage for both vehicles and pedestrians and to complete any work before the bird nesting season.

 

17.49 Parish Lengthsman: JS advised that the clearance of ditches and of leaves at the cemetery had been undertaken on the parish lengthsman’s last visit to the village on 16th January 2017 but it was agreed that the lengthsman should report back to the council to confirm the tasks that had been undertaken on each visit. HCC has taken the decision to continue with the Parish Lengthsman scheme for the 2017/2018 financial year. Clerk to find out the date of his next visit to Woodgreen from Fordingbridge Town Council.


 

17.50 Cemetery Report:

  • The gate to the cemetery appears to have been repaired as access is now easier.

  • PS and SH will look into the repairs of the seat and box containing vegetation cuttings, and will report back at the next meeting

  • A further Cemetery Committee meeting will be held on 16th March 2017 to ensure that record keeping is in line with regulations. Clerk is to also attend.

The interment of ashes in an existing parents’ cremation plot (B16) was approved and will now be undertaken on 5th May 2017. Costs of £50 have also been agreed for changes to memorial base.

 

17.51 Adoption of Telephone Box: The Clerk has contacted BT to advise that the Council is considering adopting the telephone box but this is to be discussed at the parish assembly

 

17.52 Risk Assessment - The updated risk assessment was received, considered and approved by the Parish Council. SH signed accordingly. Inspections of Parish Council assets had been conducted and the following concerns were noted and action is to be taken:

JS - Bus shelter - Tile missing from roof

PS ­- Seats - One on Common will need monitoring whilst brambles need to be cut back near seat on Love Lane

SA and SH ­- Reading Room - Opening in roof needs filing in to prevent jackdaws from entering

Cemetery Committee ­- Cemetery - No concerns noted

EH - Halls Field (including gates, fences and permissive footpath) - Fence near Cedars requires monitoring and may need repairs in the future

EH and JC - Telephone Box - No concerns noted

VE -Noticeboard - This was added to the Assets Register. It is now more secure as a latch has been added to prevent it opening in bad weather although the foam core backing should be replaced with pinboard material in the future. Clerk to liaise with Chairman.

 

17.53 Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

  • SH advised that a verbal concern had been raised about the crossings over ditches not being completed to a sufficient standard. Parish Council will monitor the situation accordingly.

 

17.54 Financial report: Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk. Up to date budget was presented and considered.

●      Income: I N Newman - £200 interment fees

●      Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2).

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

900

Victoria Eden

Clerk's March's fees and expenses

£281.62

901

Woodgreen Pre School

Grant Aid

£125.00

902

New Forest Disability

Grant aid

£25.00

903

J Harron

Payroll fees - 4th Quarter

£45.00

904

Community Payback

Cemetery maintenance

£375.00

905

HALC

Officer’s Update

£24.00

 

  • Pensions Regulator – The Clerk confirmed that the Compliance Declaration has now been completed prior to deadline of 31st March 2017




 

17.55 Meetings attended:

    VE - 01/03/2017 - Officer’s Update

    EH - 06/03/2017 - Western Escarpment Meeting

 

17.56 Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Parish Assembly and annual parish council meeting agendas; draft standing orders and financial regulations, record keeping policy (in line with General Data Protection Regulations)

 

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 4th April 2017 at 7.30pm.

 

SH closed the meeting at 9.19pm.

 

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

 

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

 

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 07.02.2017 - 07.03.2017

Ref.

Date

Received

Delivery Method

Received

From

Details

Meeting date/

Deadline /

Consultation

Period

1

07/02/2017

Email

Fordingbridge

Town Council

Vacancy - Part Time Assistant Clerk

 

2

07/02/2017

Email

NFALC

NFALC Minutes 19.01.17

20/04/2017

3

08/02/2017

Email

I N Newman

Interment of Ashes - 5th May 2017

 

4

08/02/2017

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT

CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING

OF THE NFNPA 21 FEBRUARY 2017

 

5

10/02/2017

Email

HALC

Letter from the Hampshire Police and

Crime Panel

 

6

10/02/2017

Email

Fordingbridge

Town Council

Lengthsman Scheme Funding 2017-2018

 

7

10/02/2017

Email

NFDC

Community Emergency Workshop

09/03/2017

8

13/02/2017

Email

HALC

Dale Valley Training Course Information:

Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey &

Inspection Course - 28

 

9

16/02/2017

Email

Hampshire

Alert

Youth Commission Looking For Young

People Wanting To Make A Difference

 

10

16/02/2017

Email

NFALC

Advance notification of cycle event -

April 8/9 2017

 

11

17/02/2017

Email

NFDC

Public Access view of Documents

 

12

17/02/2017

Email

HCC

HCC Bus Pass Poster

 

13

18/02/2017

Email

HCC

Your Hampshire

 

14

20/02/2017

Email

NFDC

A positive step for affordable housing in the

New Forest

 

15

20/02/2017

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council council tax set at

£163.36 pa*

 

16

21/02/2017

Email

Fordingbridge

Rotary

Rotary Club of Fordingbridge Citizen of the Year Award 2017

 

17

21/02/2017

Email

HALC

Links to Housing White Paper & Consultation

 

18

21/02/2017

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering

Group Meeting 06.03.2017

 

19

22/02/2017

Email

NFNPA

Treeworks

Decisions: CONS/17/0001 - HAWKSWOOD

HOUSE, CASTLE HILL, SP6 2AX - Raise No

Objections; CONS/17/0041 - LONG ORCHARD, WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD, SP6 2BQ -

Raise No Objections; CONS/17/0058 -

HAWKSWOOD HOUSE, CASTLE HILL,

SP6 2AX - Raise No Objections; TPO/17/0035 -

SILVER CLOUD, 9 LOWER DENSOME WOOD, SP6 2BE - Grant; TPO/17/0036 - FAIRWYNDS, LOWER

DENSOME WOOD, SP6 2BE - Raise No

Objections; TPO/17/0059 - HILLDOWN,

DENSOME WOOD, SP6 2QU - Raise No

Objections

 

20

22/02/2017

Email

NFNPA

Nomination: ACV re Horse & Groom

 

21

22/02/2017

Email

NFDC

Councillors donate community alarms

 

22

22/02/2017

Email

NFNPA

Call for Brownfield Sites

05/04/2017

23

24/02/2017

Email

Forestry

Commission

Response to Des Swayne

 

24

27/02/2017

Email

NFNPA

UK Government consultation on the use of drones

 

25

27/02/2017

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering

Group Meeting 06.03.2017

 

26

28/02/2017

Email

NFDC

Be a litter hero this weekend

 

27

01/03/2017

Email

NFNPA

EN/16/0020 - WILD CLOSE, WOODGREEN

COMMON ROAD, SP6 2QX - Awaiting

Compliance with Enforcement Notice

 

28

02/03/2017

Email

NFNPA

Draft New Forest National Park Local Plan (2016)

- summary of consultation responses

 

29

02/03/2017

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council - Information Bulletin

- February 2017 Edition

 

30

02/03/2017

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

 

31

03/03/2017

Email

Friends of the

New Forest

NFA AGM Elections and Resolutions

 

32

03/03/2017

Email

HALC

HALC E-update March 2017

 

33

06/03/2017

 

NFDC

Three fined after fly-tipping incidents

 

34

06/03/2017

 

Woodgreen

Resident

Branches on the bank - Lower Common Road

 

35

06/03/2017

 

HALC

Make sure your Council puts Safety First

 

36

06/03/2017

 

Waymark

RFFS Waymark

 

37

06/03/2017

 

Woodgreen

Community

Shop

Repair of Noticeboard

 




 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 7th March 2017

       
 

Total all balances :

£85,174.37

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 07/09/16)

 
 

£10,062.30

£70,018.41

 
 

NS&I (as at 01/01/17)

   
 

£5,093.66

   
       
       
 

Payments since last meeting date :

7-Feb-2017

 

Cheque

No

Payee

 

TOTAL

COST

897

Victoria Eden

Clerk's February's fees and

expenses

£328.97

898

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut &

strim cemetery

£140.00

899

J Harron

New cheque as previous

cheque was made out to Thirsk

Payroll incorrectly (amount

already deducted from up to

date figures)

£77.00

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque

No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

900

Victoria Eden

Clerk's March's fees and

expenses

£281.62

901

Woodgreen Preschool

Grant Aid

£125.00

902

New Forest Disability

Grant Aid

£25.00

903

Community Payback

Cemetery maintenance

£375.00

904

J Harron

Payroll fees - January 2017 -

March 2017

£45.00

905

Hampshire Association of Local

Councils

Officer's Update training

£24.00

       
 

Receipts since last meeting date :

7-Feb-2017

 

Date

Received From

Details

 

28/02/2017

I N Newman

Interment Fees

£200.00

 

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you