Minutes of the Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall on 

Tuesday 6th March 2018 at 7.30pm

 

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), John Sanger (JS), John Clarke (JC), Sue Allpress (SA), Pete Skinner (PS) (left at 9.27pm) and Lance Benest (LB) (joining after being co-opted - 18.45)

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and County Councillor Edward Heron (EH) (leaving after 18.55)

 

18.42   Apologies for Absence:No apologies were received.

18.43   Declarations of interest:  JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee. JC for CONS/18/0165

18.44   Minutes of previous meeting on 06.02.2018:The previous minutes were reviewed. It was then unanimously RESOLVEDthat these updated minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

18.45   Casual Vacancy: The Clerk advised that Lance Benest (LB) had applied for the role of parish councillor and that his resume had previously been forwarded to the parish councillors for their consideration. The Clerk confirmed that the electoral register had already been checked so that eligibility was confirmed. LB introduced himself to the members and gave a brief outline of his background and skills before leaving the room to allow the members to discuss his application. It was proposed and seconded for LB to be co-opted onto the Council and, following a unanimous vote, he was invited to join the table by the Chairman. LB read and completed his Declaration of Acceptance of Office form, which was counter signed by the Clerk. He was also given the Code of Conduct adopted by the council, copies of the standing orders and financial regulations, and was made aware of The Good Councillors Guide.  The Clerk is to ensure that the Register of Members' Interests form is completed & forwarded to the Monitoring Officer at NFDC within 28 days of the meeting. 

18.46   Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Parish Council email addresses - The Clerk is liaising with the Chairman to ensure that his parish council email address is set up correctly and will then liaise with all other councillors. LB’s parish council email address is to be requested accordingly.
  • Protocol following the Death of a Senior Royal or National Figure - Avon Valley Partnership had advised that they would be happy for a Books of Condolence to be placed in St Boniface church at the appropriate time.. Clerk to contact NFDC for advice when purchasing a suitable book.
  • Village Litter Pick - 28th-29th April 2018 - Chairman has contacted NFDC to advise the date of the event and request litter picking equipment. He is now considering the allocation of volunteers to cover the whole village. Publicity for the event was discussed and a poster will be displayed on the noticeboard, with a further notice for the parish magazine. A post event notice will also be created. 

Fly tipping concerns were raised as electrical equipment is being dumped between Moot Lane and Cow Bridge, although this area is not in the parish of Woodgreen. Clerk is to notify Hale Parish Clerk and also report fly tipping online.

18.47   Public Participation Session:No members of the public were present.

18.48   Report by County Councillor: County Cllr Heron advised that council tax rates had been increased by both the county and district councils although further savings are still required and new consultations will take place in the future.

The retirement of the longstanding Highways contact was also discussed. The members agreed that the Parish had very much benefitted from having a personal contact although they were aware that Hampshire County Council (HCC) is now encouraging online reporting as it is believed that this is more efficient overall. Members of the public can also report road problems and maintenance concerns via telephone on 0300 555 1388

The Chairman asked whether there was a time limit for contractors to repair potholes once white lines have been painted. County Cllr Heron advised that work should usually be completed within six weeks although events e.g. recent weather, sometimes overtake matters.

18.49   Planning:

  • Planning Applications: No new applications received
  • Tree Works Applications:

CONS/18/0165 - Castle Rise, Castle Hill, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AX - Prune 1 x Bean tree, Prune 1 x Yew tree - Deadline for comments - 14th March 2018

After a short discussion, the members agreed that no comments were required in relation to this application

  • Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that decisions and other information in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1.

It was noted that there was concern that there had been a possible breach in relation to some recent

tree works, although when reported to NFNPA it was found that no breach had occurred. The Parish Council would like to remind villagers to first notify or seek consent from the NFNPA prior to commencing any tree works.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the

NFNPA website athttp://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4 or contact Clerk.

18.50   Roads & Ditches: 

  • Update and new concerns - The Clerk advised that “sharp bend ”signage at Breamore Mill bridge would be reflected in the HCC 2018/2019 programme. The proximity of a water hydrant to Woodgreen Road has been raised as a concern to the water company and the Forestry Commission is also aware of the concerns in relation to the damaged verges near Godshill inclosure. Following a visit around Woodgreen on 5th March 2018, all other concerns have been reported online and it was noted that notification has still not been received in relation to the road closure of Lower Common Road to repair drain. Clerk is to chase accordingly.

            The Clerk is to also request another salt bin to be located near Keepers Cottage and Chestnut Lodge.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website athttp://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblemsor contact Clerk.

  • Retirement of long standing Hampshire Highways contact - The members wished to record their thanks for Bob Brown’s service to the parish and will forward a letter to HCC accordingly.

18.51   Hedges and Footpaths:

The Forestry Commission has advised that a path will not be made up from the pedestrian gate

 just past the cemetery into the inclosure. It was noted that there is a blocked pipe by Dell Cottage          and EH is to investigate further. County Cllr Heron advised that he will forward a poster clearly advising villagers of the correct contacts to notify when reporting concerns. 

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via the HCC website athttps://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or contact Clerk.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20096/unspoilt_landscape/44/litter/2or contact Clerk.

18.52 Parish Lengthsman: His next visit to the village is on 26th March 2018 and members were reminded to forward tasks to JS. Future tasks to include:

  • Trim vegetation on the Hall’s Field footpath
  • Trim brambles on bench opposite bus shelter

18.53   Cemetery Report: 

  • SH advised that he had spoken to a contractor in relation to the enquiry about installing a second entrance but further research is ongoing. 
  • A burial had taken place on 1st March 2018 and the members recorded their thanks to those who gritted the roads prior to this taking place. 
  • Record keeping project is ongoing and a clear process is to be put in place. Progress is to reported at future meetings
  • The reformatted rules are to be forwarded to SA and added to the agenda for the next meeting. 
  • County Councillor Heron advised that funding may be available for repairs to the cemetery track, with new applications opening on 14th June 2018.

18.54   Reading Room: The estimate from the local contractor has been forwarded to loss adjustor who is liaising with insurance company. It was noted that concern about who should place the contract has been raised with the loss adjustor, particularly in light of concerns relating to the reclaiming of VAT.

18.55   Telephone Box: SH gave an update. Volunteers are progressing this project and further research in relation to funding is to take place once their thoughts are crystallised.

18.56   Woodgreen Parish Assembly - 24th April 2018

  • Speakers - Jack McNulty has agreed to be the key speaker and SA is to forward title of talk to Clerk so that it can be displayed on the agenda. The following speakers have also been confirmed:
    • Hampshire Police
    • Woodgreen Community Shop
    • Woodgreen Preschool - the members agreed that the preschool may have a display to promote their activities
    • County Cllr Heron
    • Woodgreen Village Hall (to forward written report)

SA to contact Neighbourhood Watch and Woodgreen Village Trust and confirm speakers to Clerk.

Agenda - Draft agenda presented and agreed by members 

Publicity - PS to create a temporary sign to promote the      assembly and notice to be published in parish magazine.

18.57   Risk Assessment:Updated document presented to the members following inspection of assets undertaken on 5th March 2018. PS is to look into the repairs of two seats and bottom lock of noticeboard. After discussion it was RESOLVED to adopt the Woodgreen Parish Council Risk Assessment 2018-2019 and this was signed by the Chairman and Clerk accordingly.

18.58   Transparency Code Project - To date, the Clerk has recorded 4 hours setting up the new IT equipment this work is to be ongoing with financial information being added to the website at the end of the financial year, and regulatory documentation added following the annual parish council meeting. Archiving and transferring of information to new IT equipment is ongoing and will be recorded accordingly.

18.59   Training:  The HALC GDPR session organised by the Clerk at Damerham Parish Council will be held on Thursday 29th March between 10am and 1pm in Ibsley Village Hall. It is anticipated that this should cost approximately £30 per head. The Parish Council RESOLVED that SH and LB are to attend this training. The Clerk will also attend this training if her original booking for GDPR training on 20th March 2018 can be cancelled. The Parish Council RESOLVED that LB could attend training in respect of  The Knowledge & Core Skills (Parts 1 & 2) on 14th November 2018 at a cost of £90 (excl. VAT). 

18.60   Correspondence:The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

  • NW Quadrant Meeting - Venue needed - It was suggested that St. Boniface Church may be a suitable location whilst Fordingbridge Town Hall is not is use. JS to research accordingly.

18.61 Financial Report and Updated Budget:

The financial statement (Appendix 2) was presented to the members and the budget reviewed accordingly.

a)         Income: I N Newman - £550

b)         Expenditure:  Invoices received since last meeting to be approved & cheques signed: The members RESOLVEDto authorise the following invoices and cheques were drawn up accordingly:

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

 COST

952

Victoria Eden

Clerk's March’s salary, transparency code 

overtime and expenses 

£342.03

953

Woodgreen WI

Grant Aid

£100.00

954

New Forest Disability

Grant Aid

£25.00

955

TUFF

Grant Aid

£25.00

956

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental of Committee Room

£15.00

 

18.62   Meetings attended: 

  • JS        05/02/2018 - NFNPA R & P Meeting; 07/02/2018 - NFNPA Marque Meeting;      

                        20/02/2018 - NFNPA Planning Meeting; 05/03/2018 - NFNPA R & P Meeting

  • JC advised that the Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group is still looking for suggestions in relation to projects that need long term consideration in New Forest villages
  • SH advised that the New Forest Consultative Panel meeting is due to be rescheduled as it had been cancelled due to poor weather.

18.63   Matters to be raised on the next agenda: No new items were identified.

18.64   Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 3rd April 2018 at 7.30pm in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall. 

SH closed the meeting at 9.50pm. 

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website:www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

 

 

 

 

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 07.02.2018 - 06.03.2018

 
 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

1

07.02.2018

Email

NFNPA

WECA Steering Group - January 2018 minutes and attachments

23.04.2018

 

2

07.02.2018

Email

NFALC

HFRS Arson Reduction Letter

 

 

3

08.02.2018

Email

HALC

HCC Town & Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 1st March 2018

 

 

4

08.02.2018

Email

HCC

News for Local Councils

 

 

5

09.02.2018

Email

HALC

Letter from the Hampshire Police and Crime Panel

13.03.2018

 

6

09.02.2018

Email

HALC

Major Road Network Consultation

19.03.2018

 

7

09.02.2018

Email

HALC

HCC Volunteer Driver Recruitment Poster

 

 

8

09.02.2018

Email

NFNPA

FW: PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NEW FOREST NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY 20 FEBRUARY 2018

 

 

9

09.02.2018

Email

Forestry Commission

Woodgreen - Possibility of a Footpath to be made up from the Pedestrian Gate just past the cemetery into the Inclosure

 

 

10

10.02.2018

Email

Cranborne Chase

News round up from Cranborne Chase AONB (February 2018)

 

 

11

12.02.2018

Email

Cranborne Chase

Cranborne Chase AONB Annual Planning and Transportation Seminar 20th March

20.03.2018

 

12

12.02.2018

Email

Downton Link

Minutes of Committee Meeting 6.2.18

 

 

13

13.02.3018

Email

Downton Link

Downton Link Social Event - Friday 23rd March

 

 

14

13.02.3018

Email

Heritage Lottery Fund

Heritage Lottery Grant

 

 

15

14.02.2018

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan - March 2018

 

 

16

16.02.2018

Email

HCC

Culture and Community Activity Grants open for applications

 

 

17

16.02.2018

Email

HALC

Consultation: Crime and poor performance in the waste sector

09.03.2018

 

18

19.02.2018

Email

HALC

New Legal Briefings - Financial Assistance to the Church / Reporting Personal Data Breaches

 

 

19

19.02.2018

Email

NFALC

NFALC Meeting 18th January - Presentation by UK Cycling Events

 

 

20

19.02.2018

Email

HCC

Woodgreen Road, Breamore 21340887 - Signage on bridge from Woodgreen direction

 

 

21

19.02.2018

Email

SLCC

Preparing for GDPR - Information audit

 

 

22

19.02.2018

Email

SLCC

GDPR info

 

 

23

20.02.2018

Email

HCC

Goodbye from Highways contact

 

 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

24

20.02.2018

Email

Keep Britain Tidy

Register Your Parish Council for #GBSpringClean

 

 

25

20.02.2018

Email

NFNPA

Date of the next NW Quadrant Meeting - Venue needed

19.03.2018

 

26

20.02.2018

Email

Fordingbridge Rotary

Fordingbridge Rotary Club 2018 Fordingbridge & District Citizen of the Year

31.03.2018

 

27

21.02.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/18/0165 - Castle Rise, Castle Hill, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AX - Prune 1 x Bean tree, Prune 1 x Yew tree

14.03.2018

 

28

22.02.2018

Email

NFDC

NFDC Chairman's Charity Concert - Hampshire Music Service - 10 March 2018

 

 

29

22.02.2018

Email

Hampshire Alert

New Forest District Community Survey - Can you help us set the local community policing priorities for the New Forest for the next six months?

31.03.2018

 

30

22.02.2018

Email

HALC

Message from Age Concern Hampshire - Update on the Hampshire Village Agents service

 

 

31

23.02.2018

Email

Friends of the New Forest

Development threat to New Forest

28.02.2018

 

32

26.02.2018

Email

Keep Britain Tidy

Stay Safe This Spring Clean

 

 

33

26.02.2018

Email

Pensions Regulator

Your duties have begun

02.07.2018

 

34

27.02.2018

Email

Waymark

Waymark No. 175 March

 

 

35

27.02.2018

Email

HALC

HCC Town & Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 1st March 2018

01.03.2018

 

36

27.02.2018

Email

NFDC

New Forest Council Tax set

 

 

37

27.02.2018

Email

NFDC

NFDC Chairman's Charity Concert - Hampshire Music Service - 10 March 2018

 

 

38

27.02.2018

Email

HALC

Event Postponement Notice - HCC Town & Parish Council Meeting, 1st March 2018

 

 

39

27.02.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

Tree Works in Woodgreen Conservation Area

 

 

40

27.02.2018

Email

Cranborne Chase

Annual Planning and Transportation Seminar reduced fee for parishes

20.03.2018

 

41

28.02.2018

Email

HCC

Operation Resilience - Surface Treatments Minor Roads 18 / 19 - Parish / Ward Council Notification

 

 

42

28.02.2018

Email

HCC

Your Hampshire February 2018: Preparing for the cold blast

 

 

43

01.03.2018

Email

NFDC

Film short “Through the Wardrobe” promotes Film:NewForest

 

 

44

01.03.2018

Email

AVP Benefice

Request for Guidance - Breamore and Woodgreen Parish Councils - Demise of Senior Royal

 

 

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

 

45

01.03.2018

Email

NFNPA - Enforcement

QU/18/0040 - BELVEDERE, HIGH STREET, WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2AU - Multiple concerns: Structures; Business from home

 

 

46

01.03.2018

Email

HCC

News for Local Councils - 1 March 2018 weather update

 

 

47

01.03.2018

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

 

 

48

02.03.2018

Email

HALC

HALC March E-Update

 

 

49

02.03.2018

Email

HCC

Signage Concerns re Breamore Mill Bridge

 

 

50

05.03.2018

Email

HALC

Dale Valley Training Course Information: Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey & Inspection Course - 18th May 2018

 

 

51

05.03.2018

Email

HALC

PLEASE DO NOT DELAY BOOKING - Hampshire ALC Annual Conference 2018 -

21.03.2018

 

52

05.03.2018

Email

HIWWT

Invitation to awareness-raising event (non native plants) for Parish Councils on Wednesday 31 October 2018

 

 

53

05.03.2018

Email

Damerham Parish Clerk

HALC-run GDPR session Thursday 29 March 10am-1pm Ibsley Village Hall

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

 

 

 

 

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 6th March 2018

 

 

 

 

 

Total all balances :

£85,882.89

 

 

Balances as at :

 

 

 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 01/09/17)

 

 

£10,333.83

£70,431.40

 

 

NS&I (as at 01/01/18)

 

 

 

£5,117.66

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Payments since last meeting date :

6th February 2018

 

Cheque No

Payee

 

TOTAL COST

950

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for February 2018, including reimbursements for IT costs - £538

£847.32

951

HALC

Minutes Training - 31/01/2018 - Costs to be shared with 2 other parish councils that the Clerk works for

£16.00

 

 

 

 

 

Items for payment

 

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

952

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for March 2018

£342.61

953

Woodgreen WI

Grant Aid

£100.00

954

New Forest Disability

Grant Aid

£25.00

955

TUFF

Grant Aid

£25.00

956

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental Costs

£15.00

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts since last meeting date :

6th February 2018

 

Date

Received From

Details

 

13/02/2018

I N Newman

Burial fees

£550.00