Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL Held in the Reading Room on Tuesday 3rd March 2020 at 7.30pm

Members present: Chairman John Clarke (JC), Sue Allpress (SA); Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH) and Pete Skinner (PS) (leaving at 9.49pm during 19/20.198)

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) 

 

19/20.186 Attendance Book and Apologies for absence: The Attendance book was completed accordingly, with apologies received and accepted from Cllr Lance Benest (LB) and John Sanger (SA) 

19/20.187 Declarations of interest: EH - CONS/21/0121

19/20.188 Minutes of previous meeting on 04/02/2020: Following a discussion and review of the minutes, it was unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

19/20.189 Matters arising from previous minutes not appearing as agenda items: 

  1. Electoral Review of New Forest District - Warding Patterns Consultation - JC provided an update following on from the previous meeting. A neighbouring parish has now forwarded a response following correspondence with four local, rural parishes with a further parish showing an interest.

  2. Maintenance of ditches - Members will look to inspect ditches with land owners prior to the next meeting.

  3. Excess water near village hall - Clerk to chase Hampshire Highways and Bournemouth Water in relation to the water seeping up on Lower Common Road

  4. Castle Hill drain repairs - Now complete but jetting required.

19/20.190 Public Participation Session: None present

19/20.191 District and County Councillor: Not present

19/20.192 Planning

a)    Planning Applications: None received

b)    Tree Works Applications: The following application was received after the agenda was issued:

Case Ref:

CONS/20/0121 (Deadline for comments 31st March 2020)

Proposed Works:

Re-pollard 1 x weeping willow tree

Site Address

Greenways, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ

Members to contact tree officer with any concerns.

c)    Other Planning Matters: 

Decisions or no comments required - Planning: 

19/00868 - Densome Cottage, Upper Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU - Refuse - The Chairman provided an update to members following his attendance at the Planning Committee Meeting on 18th February 2020. It was noted that an email confirming the parish council’s intention to speak at this meeting was not received by NFNPA and this is to be monitored in future correspondence.

Decisions or no comments required - Treeworks: 

Case Ref:

TPO/20/0016 (Decision - Grant)

Proposed Works:

Fell 1 x Beech tree, Prune 2 x Oak trees

Site Address:

Densome Farm, Upper Densome Wood, Woodgreen, SP6 2QU

Case Ref:

TPO/20/0017 (Decision - Grant)

Proposed Works:

Fell 2 x Turkey Oak trees, Fell 7 x Beech trees, Fell 2 x Holly tree, Fell 1 x Yew tree, Fell 1 x English Oak, Coppice 1 x Holly tree, Coppice 1 x Hazel tree, 

Prune 4 x Beech trees, Prune 3 x Holly trees, Prune 1 x English Oak tree

Site Address

Densome Farm, Upper Densome Wood, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2QU

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4 or contact Clerk.

19/20.193 Roads, Ditches, Hedges and Footpaths

  1. No concerns reported following road closure on 6th February by BT near Breamore Mill 

  2. Ongoing problems with ditches were raised, with grip at bottom of Grace Lane noted as a concern.

  3. Concerns received by email - Two emails received by Clerk. One expressed concern in relation to the parking near Wild Close. Matter is being monitored as installation of dragons teeth does not seem to have fully addressed the problem and the Clerk is to contact Forestry Commission for further guidance. The second related to hedges and gulleys near a property on Brook Lane (EH to speak with property owner concerned) and hedges and gulleys on road to Breamore (members agree with concerns and Clerk is to write to Breamore Parish Council)

  4. Highways Operation Centre Visit is to be organised in the near future.

Parishioners are reminded to report any Highways concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via the HCC website at https://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or contact Clerk.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping on Forestry Commission land either by telephone 0300 0674601 or contact clerk.

19/20.194 Parish Lengthsman: 

a)    To receive update following visit on 21st February 2020 and consider tasks for next visits on 20th April 2020 and 29th May 2020. It was noted that a supply of dragon teeth has been delivered to the village with some installed on 21st February 2020. Future tasks include repair of grip at bottom of Grace Lane and vegetation cutting of brambles near Dodgson Close

19/20.195 Cemetery Report: 

a)    Update received from working group meetings held on 13th & 28th February 2020 with rules and processes currently being reviewed - next working group meeting agreed as 13th March 2020. Audit undertaken by Clerk and members thanked her for her efforts and the additional time taken to complete this task. A request for a parishioner to be buried with her spouse was approved (P17). Concerns from a former resident were noted. Date for further maintenance to be undertaken to be agreed in the near future.

19/20.196 Reading Room: 

a)    Parish Council has forwarded  all invoices to the new solicitor acting for both the insurer and the parish council to recoup uninsured costs, as the previous solicitor has moved departments. Following advice from the internal auditor, the members RESOLVED to forward a voluntary payment of £25 to

St. Boniface Church for use of the church for meetings in October and November 2019. A fire proof cabinet is required for manual record storage and Clerk is to contact County Supplies accordingly. It was confirmed that the fire extinguisher was serviced in February 2020. Invoices received in relation to picture framing and fittings required. The electricity meter has also been read by a SSE employee so a bill will be received prior to the next meeting.

b)    Formal opening date on Saturday 4th April 2020. Members further discussed arrangements and invitees with a notice to be placed in the parish magazine. Clerk advised that insurer has requested that a risk assessment is undertaken for this event. Research into purchase of screen and projector ongoing.

19/20.197 Risk Assessment 2020-2021: Draft risk assessment forwarded to members for their consideration and annual inspection of assets ongoing as not fully completed due to recent weather conditions. Fixed Asset Register reviewed noting no new assets purchased in this financial year although will be updated should equipment be purchased for the opening of the Reading Room. All documentation to be approved at next meeting.

19/20.198 Annual Parish Meeting 28th April 2020: Clerk advised that a speaker from the NFNPA would give a talk on ‘Climate And Nature Emergency, Responding As A Community’ and invitees would soon be contacted. Notice to be published in parish magazine.

19/20.199 Annual Litter Pick 18th-19th April 2020: SA clarified where rubbish is to be collected and approximate times of litter pick. Notice to be published in parish magazine. Activity to be added as an annual event in the parish council risk assessment.

19/20.200 Recruitment of New Clerk: Following receipt of Clerk’s resignation letter, a job advertisement has been displayed in the parish magazine, on HALC website and distributed to local clerks in the area. Concerns in relation to using Clerk’s personal address as Parish Council address were noted.

19/20.201 IT:

  1. Hosting/Domain Name providers - Clerk is now the contact for the hosting and domain name IT companies.  New method of payment to be agreed and banking arrangements/financial regulations to be updated. Further research is to be taken to see if SSL certificate and Captcha facility is required. LB to assist Clerk accordingly.

  2. Storage -  Costs of further storage is as follows: Additional 500MB is £3pm or additional 1GB is £6pm. To be discussed further at April meeting.

19/20.202 Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence to councillors. 

  1. 05/02/2020 - NFDC - New Forest Spring Clean 2020

  2. 05/02/2020 - HALC - HALC Conference 18 March 2020 - Book Now! 

  3. 10/02/2020 - Downton Link - Minutes of committee meeting 6.2.20. Next meeting to be held on 11th March 2020

  4. 12/02/2020 - Keep Britain Tidy - Is Your Council Taking Part In #GBSpringClean 2020?

  5. 12/02/2020 - HALC - Lobby Day 2020

  6. 18/02/2020 - NFALC - Draft Minutes 16.01.2020. Next meeting 23rd April 2020

  7. 19/02/2020 - Hale resident - Wild Close parking concerns

  8. 20/02/2020 - HCC - Hampshire Minibus Event 2020 - 20th May 2020

  9. 21/02/2020 - SLCC - New Data Protection Model Documents

  10. 21/02/2020 - HALC - South & South East in Bloom

  11. 24/02/2020 - Forest Edge Learning Foundation - Proposal for Federation of Breamore CE Primary School, Hale Primary School and Hyde CE Primary School - Deadline for responses 20th April 2020

  12. 25/02/2020 - NFALC - New Forest Spring Sportive - 18th & 19th April 2020

  13. 25/02/2020 - SLCC - Meeting on 2nd March 2020

  14. 25/02/2020 - NFDC - Council Tax set

  15. 26/02/2020 - HALC - The Programme! - HALC Annual Conference 18.03.2020 (HALC has asked if someone would be prepared to assist Hampshire Legal Services with their presentation in respect of Community Shops - SA happy to be contacted)

  16. 27/02/2020 - Hampshire Highways - Highways Operation Centre Visit

  17. 02/03/2020 - Wessex Cancer - Move it May and Walk for Hope: 7th June 2020

  18. 02/03/2020 - NFDC - Information Bulletin February 2020

  19. 02/03/2020 - HALC - CPRE Local Plan Workshop: 17th April 2020, East Meon

  20. 02/03/2020 - NFNPA - Agenda for NW Quadrant Meeting 9th March 2020 - JC to attend

  21. 03/03/2020 - Resident - Concerns in relation to hedges, gulleys and ditches

19/20.203 Finance:

  1. Review of Balances and financial position: 

    1. Santander £70,000    (bond reinvested on 14th February 2020)    

    2. NSI £5196.01 as at 01.01.2020

    3. Lloyds - as below (Santander interest to be confirmed):

Date

Item Description

Payment

VAT

Cheque no. / Credit Slip

Receipt

Lloyds Account Balance

20/01/2020

Victoria Eden - Clerk’s Salary and Expenses - February 2020

£308.02

 

1085

 

£10,034.54

07/01/2020

Favonius Ltd - Architects fees 01/11/2019 - 31/01/2020

£903.18

150.53

1086

 

£9,131.36

 

  1. Expenditure: It was RESOLVED that the following cheques were approved and signed:

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

1087

Victoria Eden 

Clerk’s Salary and Expenses (including working from home allowance, overtime, stationery, post, anti-virus, toner and travelling/parking expenses - March 2020

£814.25

1088

Bournemouth Water

Water costs at cemetery

£30.93

1089

ICCM

Annual Membership

£95.00

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

1090

Bill Pybus

Picture Framing for Reading Room

£135.00

1091

W J Clarke - Chairman

Fittings for Reading Room

£18.80

1092

Parish of Fordingbridge (Avon Valley Churches)

Voluntary payment for use of the church for 

meetings in October and November 2019

£25.00

1093

Woodgreen VE Day Coordinating Group

Grant Aid - Activities for VE Day celebrations

£100.00

1094

New Forest Disability

Grant Aid 

£25.00

1095

Victim Support

Grant Aid

£25.00

  1. Investment Bond: Bond reinvested on 14th February 2020

  2. Grant Aid 2019-2020: Requests received from

    1. Citizens Advice

    2. New Forest Disability

    3. Victim Support

    4. Woodgreen VE Day Co-ordinating Group

After discussion, the following grants were RESOLVED:

  • Woodgreen VE Day Co-ordinating Group - £100.00 - To help support an event which will be free to all villagers

  • New Forest Disability - £25.00 - To help towards the general running costs of a charity that provides an important service within the New Forest

  • Victim Support - £25.00 - To help towards the general running costs of a charity that provides an important service throughout the local area

  1. Internal Audit 2019: Review of report prior to financial year end.

  2. Internal Audit 2020: Scheduled to be held on 19th May 2020

  3. Pensions Regulator: Compliance redeclaration to be completed by 31st March 2020.

19/20.204 Meetings attended: JC/EH/JS Planning Committee 18/02/2020; VE - SLCC Meeting 02/03/2020; JC/SH/SA/VE - Cemetery working group meetings; JC/SH - VE Day Celebration meeting

19/20.205 Matters to be raised on next agenda: Formal opening of Reading Room; Approval of Risk Assessment (including annual inspection of assets); review of draft regulatory documentation; Annual Parish Meeting agenda (to be published by 18th April 2020); draft annual accounts; recruitment of clerk: IT arrangements (including accessibility regulations)

19/20.185 Date of Next Meeting: It was agreed for the next parish council meeting to be held on Tuesday 7th April 2020 at 7.30pm in the Reading Room. 

 

JC closed the meeting at 10.30pm. 

 

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

 

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk                    

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting