Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held in the Committee Room in Woodgreen Village Hall on Tuesday 2nd April 2019 at 7.30pm

 

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH),Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Lance Benest (LB), John Clarke (JC), John Sanger (JS) and Pete Skinner (PS).

Also present: Vicky Eden(Clerk) 

 

18.303 Attendance Book and Apologies for Absence:Following completion of the Attendance book, apologiesreceived and accepted from Parish Cllr Allpress 

18.304 Declarations of interest: JS in relation to his role on NFNPA Planning Committee

18.305 Minutes of previous meeting on 05/03/2019:Following a review,it was unanimously RESOLVEDthat the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

18.306 Matters arising from previous minutes not appearing as agenda items: 

  • Annual Parish Meeting 7pm 30th April 2019. Invites have been forwarded to local organisations and agenda will be published on 16th April 2019. Clerk to ask Edward Heron to arrange a speaker about re-cycling
  • Parish Council Elections 2nd May 2019 - Election notices now displayed. Members reminded that nomination forms must be delivered to NFDC by 4pm on Wednesday 3rd April 2019. SH advised that he feels the Chair should change every four to five years and as he has been in post since 2013, will not be seeking re-election for the municipal year 2019-2020.
  • WI Tree/Preschool Garden - Chairman provided an update. SH and SA met with members of Hale and Woodgreen Horticultural Society and are now aware of future plans. Clerk is to ensure that adequate insurance is in place. A tree application is also to be forwarded by the parish council.
  • Woodgreen Millennium Album - Clerk has received initial advice from both HALC and ICO and will return to them with further information when received.
  • Annual Village Spring Clean 6th - 7th April 2019 - JC provided an update, advising that the event is scheduled to go ahead and NFDC should deliver equipment by  Friday 5th April 2019
  • Parish Council Charge Card: Two signatories now obtained so that Lloyds Bank can set up a parish council charge card with a minimum limit of £1000. 

18.307 Public Participation Session: No members of the public present

18.308 District and County Councillor: Not present

18.309 Planning

a)         Planning Applications Received:  Nil received

b)         Tree Applications Received: 

Case Ref:

CONS/19/0232

Proposed Works:

Prune 1 x Ash tree

Site Address:

Woodgreen Village Hall, Hale Road, Woodgreen, SP6 2AQ

The members agreed to leave decision to the Tree Officer

c)         Decisions and Other Planning Matters:

Decisions or no comments required - Planning: Nil received

Decisions or no comments required - Tree works: 

CONS/19/0081 - Mistletoe Cottage, Brook Lane - Raise No Objections

Other Planning Matters: 

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the

 NFNPA website athttp://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4 or contact Clerk.

18.310 Roads & Ditches: The Chairman advised that he had spoken with PCSO May in relation to recent reports of joyriders at Godshill inclosures and has been promised a report of the action taken.  

Cllr Benest advised of road closure on Woodgreen Common Road from 25th June 2019 - 1st July 2019 so that BT can undertake some work.

It was noted that salt bins have been refilled.

Concerns relating to the poor condition of the road into Breamore have been reported and an update should be provided at the Annual Parish Meeting.

Details of all planned road works can be found at https://roadworks.org/

Parishioners are also reminded to report any Highways concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website athttp://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblemsor contact Clerk.

18.311 Hedges and Footpaths: It has been noted that there is a damaged fence near Trims Drove and EH will liaise with the homeowner concerned.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via website athttps://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or contact Clerk.

18.312 Parish Lengthsman:  Date for next visit to village to be on 15th April 2019 and members and residents are reminded to forward ideas for future tasks to JS. Suggestions include:

●     Further vegetation trimming on Love Lane, including brambles at top end

●     Ditch clearance on Trims Drove

●     Steels Drove gate to be fixed

18.313 Cemetery Report:Clerk advised that an enquiry for interment of ashes and memorial request had been received. The members RESOLVED that they were happy to approve the memorial request but that the interment of ashes was to be undertaken by an undertaker in line with cemetery rules.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping on Forestry Commission land either by telephone 0300 0674601 or contact clerk

18.314 Reading Room: Update by EH. Architect has now been appointed to administer JCT small works contract with contractor, with his fees being part of claim. Written confirmation stating that planning permission is not required has now been received from NFNPA.

Completed sheets of JCT small works contract to be forwarded to loss adjuster, together with schedule. It is stated on this contract that work is to be completed by 31st July 2019.  Clerk is to also forward all invoices to loss adjuster following architect’s approval. All monies spent in respect of contracts is also to be recorded for the final claim.

EH reiterated that the insurer’s solicitor is acting on behalf of both the insurance company and the parish council to try to recoup all monies spent resulting from incident.

18.315 Risk Assessment: Updated document (which included updated sections relating to the Reading Room and Defibrillator) presented to members. The members RESOLVED to approve the updated document which will be reviewed on an ongoing basis

18.316 Correspondence (including Consultations and Surveys): The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence to councillors and highlighted the following:

●     05/03/2019      Ringwood and Fordingbridge Footpath Society - Waymark

●     05/03/2019      HALC - March Newsletter

●     06/03/2019      NFALC - Forthcoming cycling events 30/03/2019 and 13/14 April 2019

●     07/03/2019      NFNPA - WECASG Minutes 28/02/2019. Next meeting 23/05/2019 (provisional)

●     13/03/2019      NFALC - Freewheel New Forest Spring Sportive 13/14 April 2019 (not going through Woodgreen)         

●     13/03/2019      NFALC - Wiggle New Forest Sportive 30/03/2019 (Route through Woodgreen)     

●     14/03/2019      NFNPA - Local Volunteers Give The New Forest A Spring Clean - 22/03/2019 - 23/04/2019

●     14/03/2019      NFNPA - Consultations on Planning Applications

●     15/03/2019      HALC- External Auditor Update

●     15/03/2019      Resident - New Forest National Park Welcome Home Leaflet. Request to see if hard copy leaflets had been received and for a link to added to parish council website for the welcome pack

●     18/03/2019      NFDC - Adverse Childhood Experiences Event 10th July 2019

●     19/03/2019      HALC - HALC CEO Announcement

●     27/03/2019      PKF Littlejohn - 2018/19 AGAR Instructions

●     27/03/2019      Downton Link - Agenda for 03/04/2019

●     29/03/2019      C A Marque - New Forest VIP Project Decision to pause project

●     01/04/2019      Resident - Reading Room Works

●     02/04/2019      HALC - HALC Newsletter April

●     02/04/2019      Action Hampshire - Affordable and Community Led Housing in Woodgreen

18.317 Financial report:

  1. Current Balances: 
    1. Lloyds £10957.47
    2. Santander £70,000 as at 18.10.2018   
    3. NSI £5154.77 as at 01.01.2019

It was noted that correspondence had been received expressing thanks for Grant Aid.

  1. Income:Clerk advised that she was waiting confirmation of VAT reclaim 2017-18
  2. Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

1020

Vicky Eden

Clerk’s salary April 2019 and expenses

£351.54

1021

Cutting Edge

Cemetery maintenance

£80.00

1022

Bournemouth Water Business

Water at cemetery

£15.03

1023

TP Jones

Payroll costs

£54.00

  1. Draft End of Year Accounts: Ongoing as awaiting final bank statement and confirmation that VAT reclaim 2017-2018 received

18.318 Meetings attended

SH - 07/03/2019 - New Forest Consultative Panel

SH/EH - 13/03/2019 - Meeting with Architect and Contractor

EH - 21/03/2019 - Meeting with Architect; 25/03/2019 - Meeting with Contractor

JS (on behalf of NFNPA) - 04/03/2019 - R & P; 08/03/2019 - R & P; 19/03/2019 NFNPA Planning; 26/03/2019 NF Marque; 27/03/2019 - Planning Training; 28/03/2019 NFNPA Full; 

18.319 Matters to be raised on next agenda: Regulatory Documentation; Draft End of Year accounts

Date of Next Meeting: It was agreed for the annual parish council meeting to be held on Tuesday 7th May 2019at 7.30pm. 

SH closed the meeting at 8.58pm. 

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website:www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting