Minutes of the Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall on Tuesday 3rd October 2017 at 7.30pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Pete Skinner (PS), John Sanger (JS) and Sue Allpress  (SA).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and County Cllr Edward Heron, who left prior to the end of the meeting. David Mussell and Kirsten Davies also attended in relation to the Woodgreen Welcome Pack project, leaving at 7.58pm.

17.174 Apologies for Absence: Apologies were received from Cllrs Julia Wilkie (JW) and John Clarke (JC)

17.175 Declarations of interest:  JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee.

17.176 Minutes of previous meeting on 05/09/2017: Due to an administrative error, the Clerk had amended 17.170 and the Financial Statement to reflect that a cheque had been authorised to Woodgreen Village Hall and 17.167 to reflect that the Clerk’s pay is in line with NJC pay scales 2016-2018.It was then unanimously RESOLVED that these updated minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

17.177 Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Transparency Code: This has been submitted but no response as yet. Clerk to chase.
  • Donkeys in Woodgreen. The licencing was discussed with County Cllr Heron as it has been noted that there are a many more donkeys in the village at present. Further enquiries will be made.

17.178 Public Participation Session: It has been noticed that some cattle have been quite aggressive to walkers. County Cllr Heron advised that he would forward concerns on accordingly.

17.179 Welcome Packs: The Chairman welcomed Kirsten Davies and David Mussell to the meeting and thanked them for overseeing the project. Progress to date was presented to the members for review and to put forward any proposed amendments or further details to the clerk before the next meeting prior to returning to Kirsten and David.

17.180 Report by County Cllr: County Cllr Heron provided an update now that the Serving Hampshire – Balancing the Budget Consultation has closed. Hampshire County Council (HCC) has to make further savings of £140m and there may be fundamental changes ahead. Key areas where savings may be made include recycling centres, community transport and the library service. Further consultations are likely to be undertaken in the future and the county council is looking to adapt how it works with town and parish councils.

An update was also provided in relation to the NFDC draft Housing Strategy 2018-2023 which will be presented at the meeting of the cabinet on 4th October 2017. A third site in Fordingbridge may be considered for inclusion in this strategy.

17.181 Planning Applications:

  • Planning Applications Received:

17/00742 WILD CLOSE, WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD, SP6 2QX - Outbuilding (Demolition of existing outbuildings) - Comments deadline: 6th October 2017

After a discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following in relation to the above planning application:

5. We are happy to accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority's Officers under their delegated powers providing that the replacement outbuilding cannot be used for habitable use.

The Clerk will forward comments to NFNPA accordingly.

  • Tree Works Applications:
    • CONS/17/0855 Langtree House, Castle Hill, SP6 2AX - Fell 2 x Conifer trees, Fell 1 x Ash tree, Fell 1 x Beech tree - Comments deadline: 20/10/2017;
    •  TPO/17/0862 The White Cottage, Woodgreen Common Road, SP6 2BD - Fell 2 x Cherry trees, Fell 1 x Laurel tree - Comments deadline: 23/10/2017

After a short discussion, the Parish Council agreed that no comments were required in relation to these applications.

Other Planning Matters: The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1.

17.182 Roads & Ditches: The Clerk has been verbally advised by Hampshire County Council that the cattle grid on Hale Road will be replaced in April or May 2017. JS had received an update from Highways in relation to the problems on Lower Common Road that a road closure has been requested so that broken chambers can be repaired. It has been noted that there are some additional markings around potholes in the village although the members were made aware that the new contractor, Skanska, is starting to work on a backlog of difficult repairs.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

17.183 Hedges and Footpaths: A notice has been displayed in the parish magazine in relation to the cutting back of vegetation and EH has also spoken to residents in Grace Lane about this matter. Gary North, Forestry Commission, is now looking into the issue of fly tipping and will report back in due course. JS also forwarded further fly tipping information for the members’ consideration.

17.184 Parish Lengthsman: JS provided an update further to the Lengthsman’s last visit to the village on 2nd October 2017. Some tasks have not been fully completed and JS will liaise further with Fordingbridge Town Council to ensure that a rolling worksheet is always in place. The Clerk is to enquire as to the date of the next visit and advised that both members and parishioners can suggest and forward any new tasks to JS directly.

17.185 Cemetery Report: No further update in relation to the record keeping project and one new enquiry has been received in relation to maintenance of a grave. Details of a local stonemason have been forwarded on. Bench repair is now complete.

17.186 Reading Room: EH has now met with a structural engineer and a report has been received which will shortly be forwarded to the Loss Adjustor. It has been noted that the Reading Room has sustained considerable damage but that the full extent of the damage will not be known until work commences.

17.187 Water Leak in Halls Field: SH gave an update and advised that the water leak in Halls Field has now been repaired. Woodgreen Community Shop Association (WCSA) has forwarded an invoice (£800+VAT), as the leak was beyond their supply, for payment. Under the agreement with the donor of the field to the council any excess rent received is passed on The Village Hall Committee and so this expense would reduce the village hall’s income to nil for another three years which the members wished to alleviate. After a discussion, the parish council RESOLVED the following:

Woodgreen Parish Council is to pay for the repair but, as far as the village hall is concerned, will spread the cost over 8 years so that their income is not so adversely affected. Clerk to inform the hall committee.

The Clerk is also to write to WCSA to see if they are willing to take over, subject to the supply to the field, ownership of the water supply, as they are much better placed to monitor the supply and any subsequent leaks.

17.188 Telephone Box: Response now received from BT stating that no amendments may be made to the contract and that ‘Should you (i.e. the parish council) chose to remove the kiosk the Parish Council would need to arrange and pay for this procedure’. This response is to be kept on file accordingly. After a discussion, the parish council RESOLVED to adopt the telephone box at a cost of £1.00.

17.189 Data Protection - The Clerk advised that annual renewal was due and recommended that members use separate parish council email addresses in line with General Data Protection Regulations, rather than their private email addresses. The members agreed for the Clerk to organise individual woodgreen-pc.gov.uk email addresses although it was noted that JS chooses not to receive electronic communications and therefore did not require a parish councillor email address.

17.190 Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors. Consultation periods were highlighted and attention was drawn to the following:

40. Road repairs to Upper Densome Wood - Correspondence to be forwarded to the Forestry Commission and also to JC and EH for discussion at the next Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group (WECASG) meeting.

17.191 Financial report:

a)         Income: Second half of Precept - £3756.50

b)         Expenditure:  Invoices received since last meeting to be approved & cheques signed:

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

 COST

928

Victoria Eden

Clerk's October's salary and expenses

£319.87

929

ICO

Data Protection Renewal

£35.00

930

Michael Easterbrook -

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

931

Sue Allpress

Website Hosting

£60.00

932

John Harron

Payroll costs (April, May and June 2017)

£45.00

933

T P Jones and Co LLP

Payroll  costs (July, August and September 2017)

£54.00

934

Rescue Rod

Repair to Water Leak

£960.00

935

BT

Adoption of  Telephone Box

£1.00

 

c)         Grant Aid: Citizen Advice (New Forest) request will be considered at the February meeting

17.192 Meetings attended:

JS - 11/09/2017 - NFNPA Resources and Performance meeting/WECASG; 12/09/2017 - New Forest Marque; 23/09/2017 NFNPA Strategy Briefing; 29/09/2017 - RSPB Arne

EH - 11/09/2017 - WECASG; 25/09/2017 - Structural Engineer

17.193 Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Draft Budget; Vegetation under bridges

17.194 Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 7th November 2017 at 7.30pm in the Committee Room at Woodgreen Village Hall. Apologies from EH and JW were noted.

SH closed the meeting at 9.42pm.

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 05.09.2017 - 03.10.2017

 
 

Ref.

Date

Received

Delivery

 Method

Received

From

Details

Meeting date /

Deadline /

Consultation

Period

 

1

05.09.2017

Email

Waymark

Waymark

 

 

2

06.09.2017

Email

NFNPA-

Planning

Decisions - 17/00588/FULL - Appletree

Cottage, Woodgreen Common Road, SP6 2BD

 - Log cabin, replacement conservatory -

Grant Subject to Conditions

 

 

3

06.09.2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

Decisions - TPO/17/0625 - Hollybush, Upper

Densome Wood, SP6 2QU - Grant

 

 

4

07.09.2017

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NFNPA

19.09.2017

 

5

07.09.2017

Email

NFNPA

REDUCING YOUR HOME’S ENERGY CONSUMPTION

16.09.2017

 

6

08.09.2017

Email

NFDC

Council Chairman’s adventurous approach to

fundraising

 

 

7

08.09.2017

Email

Freshwater

Habitats

Trust

Water News - Issue 4 - New Forest Catchment

Partnership Newsletter

 

 

8

08.09.2017

Email

NFNPA -

Planning

Parish Briefing Note 17/00742 WILD CLOSE

WOODGREEN COMMON ROAD,SP6 2QX

06.10.2017

 

9

09.09.2017

Email

HALC

HALC E-Update - September 2017

 

 

10

12.09.2017

Email

Resident

Woodgreen Parish matters

 

 

11

12.09.2017

Email

Enquiry

Maintenance of Grave stone

 

 

12

13.09.2017

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

Decisions - TPO/17/0647 - Little Forest,

Lower Densome Wood, SP6 2BE - Raise no

objections

 

 

13

13.09.2017

Email

HALC

CPRE Hampshire Neighbourhood Planning

Conference

05.10.2017

 

14

14.09.2017

Email

HALC

Do Not miss this opportunity to hear from

new external auditor PKF Littlejohn

18.10.2017

 

15

14.09.2017

Email

Wessex

Cancer Care

New event promises to be Haloween

Spook-tacular

 

 

16

14.09.2017

Email

HALC

Introduction to Health & Safety for Parish

Councils - 20th November 2017

 

 

17

14.09.2017

Email

HALC

Dale Valley Training Course Information:

Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey &

Inspection Course - 24th November 2017

 

 

18

14.09.2017

Email

NFNPA

Find out how to save money and energy at

your community hall

 

 

19

15.09.2017

Email

The

Conservation

Volunteers

Autumn and Winter Update

 

 

20

15.09.2017

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan - October 2017

 

 

21

15.09.2017

Email

Rural Services

Network

Growing a Rural Community for Hampshire

 

 

22

18.09.2017

Email

Freshwater

Habitats Trust

Reminder: Working together for Water and

Wildlife; New Forest Wildlife Forum Event -

28th September

 

 

23

18.09.2017

Email

HALC

Transparency Fund Drop In Sessions -

Eastleigh House 6th December 2017

 

 

24

19.09.2017

Email

United

Hosting

UnitedHosting - Customer Invoice

 

 

25

19.09.2017

Email

NFDC

Car parking charges will increase in NFDC's

51 car parks from January 2018

 

 

26

19.09.2017

Email

HALC

Superfast Broadband Funding

 

 

27

19.09.2017

Email

HCC

Your Hampshire

 

 

28

19.09.2017

Email

John Harron

Thirsk Payroll - June Invoice

 

 

29

20.09.2017

Email

Marketing

Email

Tree condition surveys in your parish

 

 

30

20.09.2017

Email

HALC

Places still available on the Budgeting Tips

and Tricks Session - 27th September -

10.00-15.30 - Eastleigh - £75 incl a light lunch

 

 

31

20.09.2017

Email

Pensions

Regulator

Automatic enrolment pension contributions -

how are you affected by the increases?

 

 

32

20.09.2017

Email

Rescue Rod

Invoice 45237 from Rescue Rod Ltd

 

 

33

22.09.2017

Email

NFNPA

WECA Steering Group 11 September 2017 -

draft meeting notes

 

 

34

23.09.2017

Email

Friends of the

New Forest

Friends of the New Forest News

 

 

35

26.09.2017

Email

NFDC

New Forest residents urged to ‘Try 1 Thing’

online this October

 

 

36

26.09.2017

Email

NFNPA

New Forest Knowledge Conference 2017:

New Forest Historical Research and

Archaeology: Who’s doing it?

27.10.2017

 

37

27.09.2017

Email

NFDC

Suspension Of Parking Charges To Support

Small Business Saturday, Locally Organised

Christmas Events and Supporting Local

 Business

 

 

38

27.09.2017

Email

Hampshire

Alert

Free Event For The New Forest To Help

Drive Safely For Longer

02.10.2017 -

06.10.2917

 

39

27.09.2017

Email

Countryside

Alliance

Nominate now in the 'Rural Oscars' 2017

13.11.2017

 

40

28.09.2017

Email

Resident

Road repairs to Upper Densome Wood

 

 

41

29.09.2017

Email

Resident

Complaint re work by cricket pitch

 

 

42

29.09.2017

Email

NFDC

Housing Strategy

27.10.2017

 

43

02.10.2017

Email

Journalist

Low flying aircraft complaints - press inquiry

 

 

44

03.10.2017

Email

NFNPA

WECA Steering Group 11 September 2017 -

meeting notes

13.11.2017

 

45

03.10.2017

Email

HALC

Policy Update - October 2017

 

 

46

03.10.2017

Email

Forestry

Commission

Continued Flytipping at Castle Hill

Viewpoints, Woodgreen

 

 

 

 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 3rd October 2017

 

 

 

 

 

Total all balances :

£89,362.04

 

 

Balances as at :

 

 

 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at 01/09/17)

 

 

£13,836.98

£70,431.40

 

 

NS&I (as at 01/01/17)

 

 

 

£5,093.66

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Payments since last meeting date

5-Sep-2017

 

Cheque No

Payee

 

TOTAL COST

923

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for September 2017

£287.84

924

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

925

SSE

Electricity to Reading Room

£7.61

926

NALC

LCR Subscription 2017-2018

£17.00

927

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental of Committee Room for meetings

£15.00

 

 

 

 

 

Items for payment

 

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

928

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for October 2017

£319.87

929

ICO

Data Protection Renewal

£35.00

930

Cutting Edge

Cemetery cuts

£160.00

931

Sue Allpress

United Hosting - Hosting of website

£60.00

932

John Harron

Payroll costs up to June 2017

£45.00

933

T P Jones and Co LLP

Payroll costs up to September 2017

£54.00

934

Rescue Rod

Repair to Water Leak

£960.00

935

BT

Adoption of Telephone Box

£1.00

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts since last meeting date :

5-Sep-2017

 

Date

Received From

Details

 

28.09.2017

NFDC

Second half of precept 2017-2018

£3,756.50