Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held in the Committee Room in Woodgreen Village Hall on

Tuesday 2nd October 2018 at 7.30pm

 

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Lance Benest (LB),

John Clarke (JC), John Sanger (JS) and Pete Skinner (PS).

 

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk)

 

18.190 Attendance Book and Apologies for Absence: Following completion of the Attendance book, apologies were received and accepted from SA.

 

18.191 Declarations of interest: JS in relation to his role on NFNPA Planning Committee and SH in relation to CONS/18/0944

 

18.192 Minutes of previous meeting on 04/09/2018: Following a review, it was unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

 

18.193    Matters arising from previous minutes not appearing as agenda items:

  1. Telephone box - SH gave an update. Formal opening event is confirmed for Saturday 13th October 2018 at 11.30 am and NFNPA has been made aware.

  2. Woodgreen Preschool Garden - Woodgreen Village Hall committee has confirmed that they do not wish to take over responsibility of the former preschool garden. The members are to consider how this area can be tidied accordingly. Clerk to locate map of area to ascertain boundaries and report back.

  3. Archiving - Clerk to go to Winchester to archive documentation on 9th October 2018.

 

18.194    Public Participation Session: No members of the public present.

 

18.195 Planning

a)    Planning Applications Received:  No planning applications received

 

b)    Tree Applications Received:

  1. CONS/18/0848 - Merrie Cottage, Merrie Gardens, Woodgreen, SP6 2AT - Twin stemmed Liquidambar - Fell 1 x stem down to 1-2m from ground level

  2. CONS/18/0933 - Midsummer Wood, Warren Copse, Woodgreen, SP6 2QY - Fell 1 x Larch Tree, Fell 1 x Fir Tree

  3. CONS/18/0944 - Orchard End, High Street. Woodgreen, SP6 2AU - Pollard 1 x Weeping Willow Tree (Received after agenda issued).

 

The members agreed that no comments were required in relation to the above applications and to leave decisions to the Tree Officers.

 

c)    Other Planning Matters:

Clerk awaiting update in relation to reported possible breaches of planning, although a further possible breach has been noted and will be investigated accordingly.

The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the

NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4

or contact Clerk.

18.196    Roads & Ditches: Clerk advised that an update had been received from County Cllr Heron in relation to the replacement of the cattle grid on Hale Road. Members are concerned that a date has not been confirmed for work to begin and Clerk is to contact Environmental Health to advise of residents’ concerns, copying in County Cllr Heron accordingly (date for starting work received after meeting).

LB provided a short update in relation to SID deployment in the village. NFDC has undertaken a survey and two deployments should be undertaken prior to the end of the year to ascertain speed of vehicles in agreed locations.

It was also noted that signage at Moot Lane may have been knocked and Clerk is to report online. Potholes throughout the village have been marked and repairs should be undertaken within 6 weeks.

Details of all planned road works can be found at https://roadworks.org/ Parishioners are also reminded to report any Highways concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

 

18.197 Hedges and Footpaths: Path in Love Lane becoming too narrow due to overgrown vegetation. Chairman will investigate and write to relevant property owner.

Location of padlock keys to be documented.

Clerk to forward photograph of damaged fingerpost at Trims Drove and forward to HCC.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via website at https://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or

contact Clerk.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20096/unspoilt_landscape/44/litter/2 or contact Clerk.

 

18.198 Parish Lengthsman: JS gave an update following his visit on 24th September 2018. Members were asked to forward on any new tasks to JS to add to the worksheet for his next visit on

10th December 2018.

 

18.199 Cemetery Report: No new enquiries received. Fly-tipping at cemetery and Castle Hill viewpoint to be reported. Chairman has liaised with Forestry Commission to see if volunteers can clear small trees and scrub at Castle Hill and has been advised that a risk assessment would need to be completed. SH will now liaise with volunteers although it may be possible for the Parish Lengthsman to undertake such work. Clerk to research and report back.

Working party to meet on 19th October 2018 to clear brambles and tidy up at the cemetery.

 

18.200    Reading Room: SH and EH to meet with contractor on 11th October 2018 to progress matters.

 

18.201    Asset of Community Value - Sale of Horse and Groom Public House:  Further meeting, organised by local interested parties, to be held at 10.30am on 10th October 2018 in village hall.

 

18.202    Repair / replacement of Benches - SH provided an update. First invoice for materials in relation to bench repairs now received (£281 (£312 incl VAT) previously resolved for payment on

7th August 2018 (18.156)). Further invoices in relation to labour and additional materials still to be forwarded.

SH also advised that he had liaised with the Forestry Commission for a replacement bench to be located by the bus stop. The cost of the bench including delivery and installation would be £500. The members RESOLVED to purchase the bench accordingly.


 

18.203 Financial Regulations - The members RESOLVED to approve the revised Financial Regulations to enable: a debit card to be used for IT purposes; direct debits for ongoing IT provision if necessary and BACs and CHAPS payments if necessary.

 

18.204    Parish Council Website -

  1. Support package - The new package verbally taken up with provider and invoice now received for payment (£100 (£120 incl VAT) previously resolved for payment on 4th September 2018 (18.180))

  2. Means of payment for annual hosting / domain name charges - To be paid by parish council debit card. Financial Regulations updated as above (18.2013) and Clerk to amend bank mandate.

  3. Increasing storage - Provider has suggested that this would be able to be paid on an annual basis. On this basis, the members RESOLVED to increase storage at a cost of £5pm and Clerk is to liaise with provider accordingly.

 

18.205    Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors and highlighted the following:

  • Joint meeting with new rural housing enabler - JC advised that he would attend on behalf of the parish council

  • 6th November 2018 - Heritage Event at Lyndhurst Community Centre

  • 29th October 2018 - New Forest Knowledge event

  • Parking on lower common noted as a concern although Forestry Commission is to contact property owners

  • Update of NF Inclosure Forest Plan provided by JC

  • VAT reclaim can now be completed online for parish councils

 

18.206 Consultations and Surveys: It was agreed for members to respond individually in relation to the following:

  • HCC Customer Contact Review

  • NF Gridiron 100 Cycling Event

 

18.207 Financial report:

Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk. Reinvestment of Santander Bond signed by all signatories due to interest being banked elsewhere.

  1. Income: Second half of precept - £3,803

  2. Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2)

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

984

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for October 2018

£299.37

986

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

987

Alacrify

IT Support Package Costs

£120.00

988

Sue Allpress

Website Hosting

£60.00

989

ICO

Data Protection Renewal

£40.00

990

Dibben Joinery

Materials for bench repairs

£312.00

991

Steve Morris

Materials for Local History Information kiosk

£106.11

992

TP Jones

Payroll costs

£54.00

 

18.207 Meetings attended:

SH        06/09/2018    New Forest Consultative Panel

JS        10/09/2018    NFNPA R & P

JS        18/09/2018    NFNPA Planning Committee

JC/EH         24/09/2018     WECASG

18.208 Matters to be raised on next agenda: Budget review; update on cattle grid; rural crime

 

Date of Next Meeting: It was agreed for the next parish council meeting to be held on

Tuesday 6th November 2018 at 7.30pm. Due to absence of Clerk, this will be clerked by the Clerk of Hyde Parish Council

 

SH closed the meeting at 9.21pm.

 

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

 

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

 

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 05.09.2018 - 02.10.2018

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

1

05.09.2018

Email

Cranborne Chase AONB

Cranborne Chase AONB: Our Bid for Dark Sky Reserve Status

 

2

05.09.2018

Email

R & F Footpath Society

Waymark newsletter

 

3

05.09.2018

Email

Woodgreen resident

Chaser re cattle grid

 

4

06.09.2018

Email

Woodgreen resident

Concern re flytipping and leaking tap at cemetery

 

5

07.09.2018

Email

DAC Beachcroft

Request for quantum documents

 

6

07.09.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Planning Committee Meeting of the NFNPA

18.09.2018

7

10.09.2018

Email

NFDC

Universal Credit advice

 

8

12.09.2018

Email

NFNPA

Consultation period for the Environmental Statement for the deforestation elements of the Forest Design Plan now extended until the end of September.

 

9

17.09.2018

Email

NFDC

Safer New Forest Conference - Booking Information

12.11.2018

10

17.09.2018

Email

Hyde Parish Council

HARAH - Joint meeting with the new rural housing enabler (Beverley Harding-Rennie)

 

11

17.09.2018

Email

NFNPA

WECA Steering Group meeting - 24 September 2018

 

12

18.09.2018

Email

HALC

Business Changes Announcement

 

13

18.09.2018

Email

Downton Link

Downton Link Autumn Newsletter

 

14

18.09.2018

Email

HALC

Invitation: SSE NETWORKS STAKEHOLDER WORKSHOPS

03.10.2018 - 04.10.2018

15

19.09.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/18/0745 - ROBIN COTTAGE, BROOK LANE, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AZ - Raise no objections

 

16

19.09.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Enforcement Investigation

 

17

19.09.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

18/00444/ FULL - Erika, Brook Lane, Woodgreen - Granted subject to conditions

 

18

19.09.2018

Email

HALC

Invitation: CPRE Hampshire Rural Affordable Housing Conference

06.11.2018

19

20.09.2018

Email

HCC

Your new edition of Your Hampshire is here!

 

20

21.09.2018

Email

HCC

Customer Contact Review - Town and Parish Councillor and Clerk online survey

05.10.2018

21

22.09.2018

Email

Cty Cllr

Update on cattle grid

 

22

24.09.2018

Email

NFALC

New Forest Gridiron 100 Cycling Event

14.10.2018

23

24.09.2018

Email

NFALC

NFDC - Public Event Notification at BROCKENHURST COLLEGE,

30.09.2018

24

25.09.2018

Email

NFDC

Silent Soldiers

 

25

25.09.2018

Email

NFDC

2nd Half of Precept 2018-2019

 

26

26.09.2018

Email

NFDC

Forward Plan - October 2018

 

27

26.09.2018

Email

NALC

NALC Newsletter

 

28

26.09.2018

Email

HCC

Hampshire County Permit Scheme (HCPS)

 

29

26.09.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

18/00550/FULL Forest Glen, Lower Densome Wood, Woodgreen - Grant subject to conditions

 

30

26.09.2018

Email

NF Citizens Advice

AUTUMN NEWSLETTER

 

31

26.09.2018

Email

Forestry Commission

Benches and vegetation cutting

 

32

27.09.2018

Email

HALC

HALC 71st AGM

10.11.2018

33

28.09.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/18/0944 - Orchard End, High Street, SP6 2AU - Pollard 1 x Weeping Willow tree

 

34

29.09.2018

Email

Woodgreen Village Hall

Former preschool garden

 

35

01.10.2018

Email

NFDC

Taxi licence revoke upheld after appeal

 

36

01.10.2018

Email

NFNPA

Parish Update: Historic Route & Past Pathways Project

 

37

02.10.2018

Email

HALC

Chief Executives Bulletin

 

38

02.10.2018

Email

Hampshire Police

Road Safety Report

 

 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 2nd October 2018

       
 

Total all balances :

£90,024.31

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account*

Santander (as at 01/09/18)

 
 

£14,122.96

£70,783.69

 
 

NS&I (as at 01/01/18)

   
 

£5,117.66

   
       
 

Payments since last meeting date

4th September 2018

 

Cheque No

Payee

 

TOTAL COST

980

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for September 2018

£298.81

981

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

982

SSE

Electricity for the Reading Room

£31.26

983

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental of Committee Room

£15.00

 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

984

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for October 2018

£299.37

985

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

986

Alacrify

IT Support Package Costs

£120.00

987

Sue Allpress

Website Hosting

£60.00

988

ICO

Data Protection Renewal

£40.00

989

Dibben Joinery

Materials for bench repairs

£312.00

990

Steve Morris

Materials for Local History Information kiosk

£106.11

991

TP Jones

Payroll costs

£54.00

 

Receipts since last meeting date :

4th September 2018

 

Date Banked

Received From

Details

Amount

27.09.2018

NFDC

2nd Half of Precept

£3,803.00