Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 6th October 2015 at 7.30 pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Ed Hollinghurst (EH), Pete Skinner (PS), John Sanger (JS), and Julia Wilkie (JW)

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk), County Councillor Edward Heron (arrived 8.30pm), Kirsten Davies and Lindi Harper (both representing Woodgreen Preschool, leaving at 7.50pm).

1. Apologies for Absence: 

Received from John Clarke (JC) and Sue Allpress (SA)

2. Declarations of interest: 

JS for NPA Development Control Planning Committee (agenda item 6), JW for Village Hall Management Committee in connection with the proposed sandpit at the Preschool (agenda item 5) and EH advised that he lived close to Greenways (see agenda item 7 – Tree works)

3. Minutes of previous meetings on 10/09/2015:

It was unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

4. Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • PS advised that the gate at top of Steeles Drove needs to be made secure and would source appropriate quote.
  • The Clerk now holds a list of key holders.
  • The Clerk advised that minor amendments made to website and that more information would be added now that external audit complete. A Transparency Tab will be added.
  • Clerk unable to obtain quote for three cuts each year to the vegetation by the footpath by the shop and Hill Close Road from Cutting Edge. JS will now liaise with Parish Lengthsman
  • Leaflet ‘Advice and guidance for owners of properties adjoining the Open Forest’ now forwarded to villagers in the post.
  • No comments had been received following the recent ‘Wiggle’ cycling event in Woodgreen.
  • JS and PS will follow up concerns in relation to duplicate poles at future quadrant meeting.
  • Chairman to liaise with Hale Parish Council in relation to parking near Dodgson Close and then consult with land owners.

5. Public Participation:

Two members of Woodgreen Preschool attended the meeting to discuss a new sandpit. The Parish Council advised that it was happy to go along with the proposal suggested by Woodgreen Village Hall Management Committee. The two members of Woodgreen Preschool confirmed that they were also happy with the proposal and reiterated that due care and attention would be taken. It was suggested that photographs should be taken of the current condition of the floor in the hall to assess any future damage.

6. Noise Concerns in the Village

Two parishioners have expressed concern about separate noise issues in the village, particularly at the weekends. Strictly, any troublesome regular increased noise should be referred to NFDC Environmental Protection for their consideration. However the Parish Council would like to remind residents to be courteous and respectful to their neighbours particularly at the weekend (i.e. to liaise with one another when additional noise is likely to occur which may affect others, including the lighting of bonfires).

7.   Planning Application:

15/00665 (not 15/00480 as reflected on agenda) - Hollybush, Upper Densome Wood, Woodgreen.

After a short discussion, the following recommendation was RESOLVED:

PAR 5 - Happy to accept the decision reached by the DC Officers under their delegated powers, although the Parish Council would like to draw to the Case Officer’s attention the importance of limiting light pollution within the village and correct the applicant’s statement as the property’s garden adjoins a SSSI.

The Clerk to advise NFNPA accordingly.

Planning Applications Decided: 

15/00460/FULL - New Forest Close - Granted subject to conditions

Tree Works Applications:

  • CONS/15/0915 - Brook Cottage
  • CONS/15/0949 - Belvedere, High Street
  • TPO/15/0987 - Westerly, 7 Lower Densome Wood
  • CONS/15/0013 – Lea Cottage
  • CONS/15/1018 – Hollybush
  • CONS/15/1022 - Greenways

After a short discussion it was agreed, that as the above relate to minor works, decision should be left to Tree Officer, although the parish council wishes to highlight to the Case Officer the removal of the oak tree in case reference TPO/15/0987. Clerk to advise accordingly.

Other Planning Matters: 

  • Tree works application decisions and enforcement updates are reflected in Correspondence (Appendix 1).
  • It was noted that links from emails to the website relating to tree works applications do not always work and the Clerk is to investigate accordingly.
  • Five members of the parish council (SH, JW, JC, EH, and JS) and the Clerk attended the NFNPA planning training on 22nd September 2015 and were now up to date with the latest planning issues. Following this training SH is to confirm that permitted development allowed in conservation areas.

8. Broadband update: 

EH provided a short report. The cabinet is now up and running in the village. Frequently Asked Questions about faster broadband have also been prepared and will be updated on the parish council website. The Parish Council would like to record its thanks to Mr Gurd for his co-operation regarding the site and to both EH and County Councillor Edward Heron for their continued efforts in this matter.

9. Lengthsman:

JS provided an update. Marcus Noke’s next visit to the village is on 2nd November 2015 and a worksheet will be forwarded accordingly, including a possible cut to the vegetation along the shop footpath. Hampshire County Council (HCC) has also forwarded stats so that some ditch work can be undertaken.

10. Roads, hedges & verges:  

  • JS had noted that jetting had not been done and Clerk will contact Bob Brown at HCC accordingly.
  • County Councillor Edward Heron will chase in relation to the issue with horsetail in the village.
  • HCC is trialling a new system in relation to hedges impinging upon highways. Should the village have any problems with hedgerows, the Clerk is to contact Bob Brown at HCC for more information.
  • SH will write to Michael Hulse (Breamore Estate) (copying in County Councillor Edward Heron) to see if the hedgerows can be trimmed leading into the village from Breamore.

11. Cemetery Report: 

Members of the Cemetery sub committee were reminded of their meeting on 13th October 2015.

12. Correspondence: 

The Clerk advised that relevant correspondence had been forwarded to councillors as per the correspondence files (Appendix 1) and the Chairman drew their attention to significant and more recent correspondence received as detailed below:

  • JS noted the letter of introduction from the new NFNPA Ranger, Craig Daters, and suggested that he may talk to the villagers at an annual meeting
  • The Parish Council is to consider forwarding comments in relation to the leaflet created by the Western Escarpment Verge Damage Project
  • The Parish Council is to consider forwarding comments in relation to the Local Plan Review.
  • The Parish Council is to consider Grant Aid in future meetings.
  • County Councillor Edward Heron is to forward information relating to the HCC Fire Service Consultation. No information yet has been received by the Clerk.

13. Financial report: 

  • Income: 2nd half of precept 2015-2016 - £3400
  • Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for:

Cutting Edge – Grass cutting at cemetery - £280 (August & September 2015)

ICO – Data Protection Registration - £35

Sue Allpress – Payment in respect of website hosting (United Hosting) - £60

  • Workplace Pension Training: Clerk is now booked to attend this HALC training on 21st October 2015 at a cost of £50 + VAT. Costs are to be shared with Sandleheath Parish Council.
  • Clerk’s Update – The Parish Council agreed that the Clerk should attend this HALC training on 18th November 2015- £35 + VAT. Costs are to be shared with Sandleheath Parish Council.
  • End of External Audit 2015-2016 - This is now complete and no fees were incurred. The report highlighted that any property gifted to the Council should only reflect a notional value.
  • Additional Change of Signatory Form and copies of ID. All signatures and copies of ID obtained. Clerk to action accordingly.

14. Meetings attended:  

JS – 10th September 2015 – Planning Tour

JS/EH/JC – 14th September 2015 - Western Escarpment Conservation Area Steering Group

JS – 15th September 2015 - Planning Development Control Committee

JS – 21st September 2015 – New Forest Marque Meeting

JS/EH/JC – 21st September 2015 - Western Escarpment Verge Protection Meeting

JS – 6th October 2015 – Latchmore Exhibition at Hyde

The Clerk advised that the next Parish Liaison Meeting is on 15th October 2015 (JW to attend)

15. Matters to be raised on the next agenda:

  • Parish Council Noticeboard at village shop
  • Draft budget documentation

The meeting ended at 9.15pm.                                                                                                                             

Date of next meeting: Tuesday 3rd November 2015 at 7.30pm

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden,

Email: hello@vickyeden.co.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

NB:       These are draft minutes until approved at next Woodgreen Parish Council Meeting.

Appendix 1 – Correspondence 2nd September 2015 – 6th October 2015

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

03/09/15

Email

NFNPA

Details of a meeting of the Planning Development Control Committee

15th September 2015

04/09/15

Email

Ann Braid, Development Control, NFNPA

Parish Briefing Note - 15/00606, Castle Dene, High Street

 

04/09/15

Email

Enforcement Team, NFNPA

CM/15/0130 - Woodley - Breach ceased, QU/15/0092 - Crofters - Breach ceased

 

04/09/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Tree works application decided between 01/08/15 - 31/08/15 : Musitoni (CONS/15/0627), The Gateway (CONS/15/0653), Avonside (CONS/15/0658) & Iona (CONS/15/0664) - All Raise No Objections

 

08/09/15

Email

Robert Pawson, Crossways

Concern about noise

 

08/09/15

Email

Lisa Crouch, NFNPA

Agenda re Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group Meeting - 14/09/2015

 

09/09/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Tree works applications decided between 02/09/15 - 08/09/15 : Dongoa (CONS/15/0763), & Bower (CONS/15/0765) - All Raise No Objections

 

09/09/15

Email

NFNPA

15/00460/FULL - New Forest Close - Granted subject to conditions

 

09/09/15

Email

Katie McIntyre, NFNPA

Parish Briefing Note - 15/00665, Hollybush

Extended to 06/10/2015

10/09/15

Royal Mail

NFNPA

Consultation Poster - Local Plan Review - Initial Consultation on the Issues

23rd October 2015

11/09/15

Email

NFNPA

Further info re Agenda re Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group Meeting - 21/09/2015

 

14/09/15

Email

HALC

Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 - Consultation

06/10/15

14/09/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Consultation - CONS/15/0915 - Brook Cottage

06/10/15

16/09/15

Email

New Forest Rangers

Wetland Restoration Project meeting - 6th October 2015, Hyde

 

16/09/15

Email

NFNPA

Draft Verge Leaflet for discussion on 21st September 2015

 

17/09/15

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Cancelled - Community Information Event - 26th September 2015

 

17/09/15

Email

Community First New Forest

September Ebulletin

 

17/09/15

Email

Lisa Crouch, NFNPA

Meeting Note re Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group Meeting - 14/09/2015

 

16/09/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Tree works applications entered between 09/09/15 - 15/09/15 : Brook Cottage (CONS/15/0915 & CONS/15/917) & Tree works applications decided: Marlish Cottage (CONS/15/0766) - Raise No Objections

 

21/09/15

Email

Community First New Forest

Young carer overcomes obstacles to get to university

 

21/09/15

Email

HALC

Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey & Inspection Course - November 2015

 

21/09/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Consultation letter - CONS/15/0949 - Belvedere, High Street

13/10/15

22/09/15

Telephone Call

Villager

Concern re noise near Horse & Groom

 

23/09/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Tree works applications entered between 16/09/15 - 22/09/15: Belvedere (CONS/15/0949) & Avonview (R14/15/15/0933) & Tree works applications decided: Avonview (R14/15/15/0933) - Exempt works

 

24/09/15

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Parish Lengthsman dates - October - December 2015

 

24/09/15

Email

New Forest Disability

Grant Aid Request

 

25/09/15

Email

NFNPA

Western Escarpment Verge Damage Project

30/10/15

28/09/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Consultation letter - TPO/15/0987 - Westerly, 7 Lower Densome Wood

23/10/15

28/09/15

Email

NFALC

Agenda - 15/10/2015

 

29/09/15

Email

Community First New Forest

Press release

 

01/10/15

Email

Craig Daters, Ranger, NFNPA

Email of Introduction

 

01/10/15

Email

David Illsley

SSSI Maps

 

02/10/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Consultation letter - TPO/15/1018 - Hollybush, Upper Densome Wood, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2QU

28/10/15

02/10/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Consultation letter - CONS/15/1013- Lea Cottage, High Street, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AY

28/10/15

05/10/15

Email

Trees, NFNPA

Consultation letter - CONS/15/1022 - Greenways, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AZ

29/10/15

05/10/15

Email

Woodgreen Preschool

Request to discuss the approval for a raised sandpit by the hall committee

 

06/10/15

Email

Debbie Copping, NFNPA

Date of the next NW Quadrant meeting - 26/10/2015

12 October - Items for agenda

06/10/15

Email

NFPA

 Enforcement & Trees Information

 

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you