Minutes of the meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held at the Reading Room on Tuesday 6th September 2016 at 7.30 pm

 

Members present: Vice Chairman Ed Hollinghurst (EH), John Sanger (JS), John Clarke (JC) and Sue Allpress (SA)

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and County Councillor Edward Heron

 

16.141    Apologies for Absence: Apologies were received from Parish Councillors Stewart Hall (SH), Julia Wilkie (JW) and Pete Skinner (PS)

 

16.142    Declarations of interest: JS for NFNPA Development Control Planning Committee.

 

16.143    Minutes of previous meeting on 02/08/2016: It was unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Vice Chairman.

 

16.144    Matters arising from previous minutes:

  • Responsibility for producing Woodgreen Welcome Packs - Nothing to report at present

  • Telephone Box - County Cllr Heron forwarded necessary legislation to Clerk who will contact BT accordingly. It was also noted that a planning application would be required should BT wish to dispose of the box as Woodgreen is a conservation area.

  • As yet, no research has been undertaken in relation to the purchase of a fireproof cabinet although County Cllr Edward Heron suggested that a grant may be available. Clerk will also liaise with the Village Hall to see if a fireproof cabinet is required for the records held there.

 

16.145    Public Participation: No members of the public were present.

 

16.146 Report by County Councillor - County Cllr Heron gave a brief overview to current issues and consultations including 'The Future of LG in Hampshire’ (prior to the workshop being held on 14th September 2016) and the NFDC Local Plan - Part 1 (as the deadline for comments is on 16th September 2016). It was also noted that the results of the LGBCE review of Hampshire County Council (HCC) were now published.

 

16.147    Planning Applications: No new planning applications received

 

Tree Works Applications:

 

  • CONS/16/077: 4 Nursery Cottages - Fell 4 x Ash trees, Prune 1 x group of Beech trees

  • TPO/16/0781:  Little Forest - Prune 1 x Oak tree;

  • CONS/16/0819: The Long House - Fell 1 x Silver Birch tree

 

After a short discussion, the Parish Council agreed that no comments were necessary in relation to these applications.

 

Other Planning Matters: EH provided an update in relation to 16/00577 (Amberleigh House, High Street). The Parish Council’s comments had been received by the planning authority and queried as the members had not selected one of the five proforma responses. Possible suitable wording for future cases was then discussed.

The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1. The Clerk reminded the council that she had booked JC to attend the NPA Planning Workshop ‘Trees and the Planning Process’ on Tuesday 20 September 2016, 2pm – 4pm at Lyndhurst Community Centre

 

16.148    Repairs to Gateposts in Hall’s Field: EH provided a short report. He had met with a contractor, M B Whitlock, and looked at all possible repairs to return the fencing and gateposts around the village hall to a suitable standard. A second quote of £511 + VAT was presented for the members to consider - this includes the provision of barbed wire to further make the field stockproof. After a detailed discussion, the Parish Council RESOLVED the following motion:

To proceed as per the quotation received from M B Whitlock for all repairs to be undertaken on the basis that the tenant contributes £100 towards the stockproof fencing part of the work.

EH will liaise with the tenant accordingly prior to the Clerk forwarding instruction for the works to commence. JS will also remove this task from the Lengthsman’s worksheet.

 

16.149    Verge Protection Programme: EH provided an update. Further to the initial installation of dragons teeth, the Parish Council was still waiting to hear when ditching work would commence. As yet, the contractor was not yet available. It was agreed that no remedial work should be undertaken until all outstanding work had been finished. JC is to chase for an update and to establish a finish date. The Clerk will also enquire as to when work will commence in relation to the outstanding works and request confirmation when all work has been completed. The Clerk also advised that Sean Marsh had forwarded new Forestry Commission leaflets. These are stored in the Reading Room and also reflected on the parish council website. JC provided an update in relation to the Western Escarpment Conservation Steering Group and advised that concerns about the area from Densome Corner to Grace Lane would be raised at the next meeting on 12th September 2016.

 

16.150    Roads & Ditches:  JS provided an update. The Clerk is to arrange a visit with Bob Brown, HCC Highways, to establish any outstanding issues in the village. Concerns were noted in relation to the drain near the cemetery and towards the bottom of Lower Common Road. JS will also get in contact with the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust volunteers if the treatment to remove Mares Tail is not successful. Parishioners were reminded to report any concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems. The Clerk confirmed that she had contacted Breamore Parish in relation to the Breamore Arch as the road is becoming too narrow due to adjacent vegetation growth and would report back at the next meeting.

 

16.151    Hedges and Footpaths: EH provided an update. The fencing near Trims Drove had not yet been repaired but vegetation had been trimmed. EH will liaise with the residents accordingly.

 

16.152 Parish Lengthsman: After a discussion, it was suggested that the Parish Lengthsman could dig out ditches on either side of Trims Drove adjacent to the springs to prevent flooding and this task is to be added onto his worksheet accordingly. The members were also reminded to forward any further tasks to JS.

 

16.153    Cemetery Report: The Clerk confirmed that Community Payback had forwarded available dates for the maintenance of the cemetery railings and presented a probation agreement for the Council to consider. After a discussion, the members agreed that they were content with the dates proposed and RESOLVED that the agreement should be signed and returned accordingly.

The next Cemetery Committee meeting should be held in September 2016 and will be reported back at the next meeting.

The Clerk advised that all actions had been completed from the previous meeting. A request for a cremation plot following the recent death of villager had been received by the Clerk. This had been approved in accordance with the rules.

 

16.154    Correspondence: The Clerk advised that relevant correspondence had been forwarded to councillors as per the correspondence files (Appendix 1) and advised of any recent correspondence received. Consultation periods were highlighted and the Chairman drew their attention to the following:

  • The members were reminded that the Wiggle New Forest 100 Sportive Cycling event will be held on Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th September 2016. A large number of cyclists will be coming through the village. The route will be displayed on the parish council noticeboard and further information in relation to this event can be found at: http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events/wiggle-new-forest-100-sportive/

 

16.155    NFDC Local Plan - Part One: Comments were considered prior to the deadline of 16/09/2016. JS advised that he would collate and draft a suitable response on behalf of the Council and forward to all members for their consideration, prior to the Clerk forwarding the response to NFDC.

 

16.156 Training: The Clerk confirmed that she will now attend the  Budgeting Hints & Tips training on 11/10/2016. It had been confirmed that Woodgreen Parish councillors could attend a HALC session on ‘The Knowledge’ being organised locally by another parish council on 26th October 2016. Three councillors have been confirmed and costs are to be finalised shortly. EH confirmed that he is no longer able to attend the Future of Local Government workshop on 14th September 2016 and JC confirmed that he could attend in his place. The Clerk will advise HCC accordingly.

 

16.157 Financial report: Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk.

  • Income: None received. Transfer of funds from current account to Santander ongoing.

  • Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2):

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

872

Chubb

Annual service of fire extinguisher

£25.27

873

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut & strim cemetery

£140.00

874

BDO

Audit Fees 2015-2016

£36

875

Victoria Eden

Second Quarters Clerk's Fees and Expenses

£813.13

876

SSE

Electricity - Reading Room

£30.88

 

  • Annual Return 2015-2016 - A fee cost of £30 + VAT has been incurred by the external auditors due to a query in relation to the Fixed Asset Register. The audit is now complete. The audit  identified that the Exercise of Public Rights had commenced prior to the internal audit being finalised. The Clerk is to request a later date for the commencement of the Exercise of Public Rights to ensure that this does not happen in future.

 

16.158 Meetings attended:  

  • JS - 16/08/2016: NFNPA Planning Meeting; 30/08/2016: NFNPA Local Plan; 05/09/2016 NFNPA Resources and Performance Meeting

 

16.159 Matters to be raised on the next agenda: Fire proof cabinet and archiving; NFNPA - Local Plan: Part 1

 

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 4th October 2016 at 7.30pm. SH apologies have previously been noted for the October meeting.

 

The Vice Chairman closed the meeting at 9.35pm.

 

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

 

Minutes, including appendices, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

 

NB:       These are draft minutes until approved at next Woodgreen Parish Council Meeting.

 

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 03/08/2016 - 06/09/2016

Ref.

Date

Received

Delivery

Method

Received

From

Details

Meeting date /

Deadline /

Consultation

Period

1

03.08.2016

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

Decisions - CONS/16/0643 -

Amberleigh  House - Raise no objections

 

2

04.08.2016

Email

NFNPA -

Planning

PLANNING DEVELOPMENT

CONTROL COMMITTEE MEETING

OF THE NFNPA AUTHORITY

16 AUGUST 2016

 

3

04.08.2016

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO - August 2016

 

4

04.08.2016

Email

Stewart Hall

Update re 16/00577 - Amberleigh House

16.08.2016

5

04.08.2016

Email

Hampshire

County

Council

Confirmation that SH and EH are booked

onto the Ringwood Workshop (The

Future of Local Government in

Hampshire) on 14 September.

 

6

04.08.2016

By hand

Sean Marsh

Conserving the Forest Fringe project

leaflets.

 

7

05.08.2016

Email

Godshill

Parish Council

New Forest Rattler 14th August

 

8

07.08.2016

Email

NFALC

NFALC Minutes - 21.07.16

 

9

08.08.2016

Email

HALC

NALC Community Led Housing Survey

30.09.2016

10

08.08.2016

Royal

Mail

Hale Resident

Feedback Form re Visual Impact

Provision - National Grid

 

11

11.08.2016

Email

NFNPA -

Planning

Parish Briefing Note - 16/00593 -

The Meadows

17.08.2016

12

12.08.2016

Email

HALC

Clerk of the Year

30.09.2016

13

17.08.2016

Email

HALC

Councillor Age and Gender Profile

Survey

30.09.2016

14

19.08.2016

Email

NFALC

SAFER NEW FOREST PARTNERSHIP - Comments to be considered

05.09.2016

15

19.08.2016

Email

Hampshire

Alert

Police And Crime Commissioner Invites

You To Have Your Say

 

16

22.08.2016

Email

NFDC

Annual Canvass 2016

 

17

22.08.2016

Email

HALC

Trustee recruitment at the National

Flood Forum

 

18

22.08.2016

Email

Zurich

Important Information about Insurance

Premium Tax

 

19

23.08.2016

Email

Ringwood

Town Council

Grounds Equipment for sale - Duks

Sweeper - Offers in excess of £200

 

20

23.08.2016

Email

NFDC

Beach huts build begins

 

21

24.08.2016

Email

NFNPA -

Treeworks

Decisions - TPO/16/0715 - Foresters -

Grant

 

22

25.08.2016

Email

HALC

Confirmation of Clerk's training -

Budgeting Tips - 11/10/2016 and

Officer's Update - 19/10/2016

 

Ref.

Date

Received

Delivery

Method

Received

From

Details

Meeting date /

Deadline /

Consultation

Period

23

25.08.2016

Email

NFDC

Military parade in Lyndhurst to celebrate

council granting of Freedom of the

New Forest

25.09.2016

24

26.08.2016

Email

Western

Escarpment

Conservation

Steering Group

Western Escarpment Conservation Area

Steering Group Meeting 12.09.2016

 

25

26.08.2016

Email

HALC

Community Led Survey PDF Copy

 

26

26.08.2016

Email

NFDC

New Forest Fungi - Look don't pick

 

27

31.08.2016

Email

Craig Daters

Tick posters

 

28

31.08.2016

Email

HALC

Updated Request To Relay Link To

NALC Community Led Housing Survey

 

29

31.08.2016

Email

NFDC

New Forest District Council -

Information Bulletin - August 2016

Edition - http://www.newforest.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=32448&p=0

 

30

31.08.2016

Email

Hampshire

County Council

Inclusive Transport conference

22.09.2016

31

01.09.2016

Email

ICO

Latest news from the ICO

 

32

01.09.2016

Email

NFNPA

Schedule of Enforcement Notice -

Wild Close

 






















 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 6th September 2016

       
 

Total all balances :

£84,896.44

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account

Santander (as at May 2016)

 
 

£27,656.11

£52,240.33

 
 

NS&I (as at 27/06/16)

   
 

£5,000.00

   
       
       
 

Payments since last meetings date :

2-Aug-2016

 

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

871

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut &

strim cemetery

£140

CHAPS

PAYMENT

Santander

To bring balance to £70000 -

Withdrawal from NS&I

(Not yet confirmed)

£17,759.67

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL

COST

872

Chubb

Annual service of fire

extinguisher

£25.27

873

Cutting Edge

2 visits to cemetery to cut &

strim cemetery

£140.00

874

BDO

Audit Fees 2015-2016

£36

876*

Victoria Eden

Second Quarters Clerk's Fees

and Expenses

£813.13

877

SSE

Electricity - Reading Room

£30.88

 

* Cheque No. 875 cancelled due to administrative error

 

Receipts since last meetings date :

2-Aug-2016

 

Date

Received From

Details

TOTAL

AMOUNT

       

New Forest National Park


Hampshire County Council


Our Community


Get in touch!

We'd love to hear from you