Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of WOODGREEN PARISH COUNCIL

Held in the Committee Room in Woodgreen Village Hall on Tuesday 4th September 2018 at 7.30pm

Members present: Chairman Stewart Hall (SH), Sue Allpress (SA), John Sanger (JS) and Pete Skinner (PS).

Also present: Vicky Eden (Clerk) and County Cllr Edward Heron

18.166 Attendance Book and Apologies for Absence: Following completion of the Attendance book, apologies were received and accepted from Cllrs Lance Benest (LB) and Ed Hollinghurst (EH).

18.167    Declarations of interest: JS in relation to his role on NFNPA Planning Committee and SH in relation to 18/00444

18.168 Minutes of previous meeting on 07/08/2018: Following a review of the minutes, the Chairman made amendments by hand to 18.156 to reflect that only material costs had been received in relation to the repair of benches. It was then unanimously RESOLVED that the minutes be accepted as an accurate record and were duly signed by the Chairman.

18.169 Matters arising from previous minutes not appearing as agenda items:

  1. Parish Council email addresses - The clerk confirmed that all members apart from JS are now using parish council email addresses.

  2. Woodgreen Preschool Garden - Woodgreen Village Hall confirmed that it may be prepared to maintain the area used by the preschool garden, provided all equipment is removed. Woodgreen Preschool had been advised accordingly.

  3. Telephone box - SH gave an update. Formal opening event is being planned for Saturday 13th October 2018 at 11.30 am. Clerk to advise NFNPA and its Community Archaeologist when arrangements confirmed. There are also plans for a landscape survey to be undertaken at Castle Hill.

18.170    Public Participation Session: No members of the public present.

18.171 Planning

a)    Planning Applications Received:  

  1. 18/00444 - ERIKA, BROOK LANE, WOODGREEN, SP6 2AZ (Amended application) - Single storey front and rear extensions; 2no. outbuildings; extension to existing driveway; demolition of existing conservatory

Following discussion, the members RESOLVED the following in respect of the above amended application:

5. We are happy to accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority's Officers under their delegated powers. The members would prefer the log cabin to be built behind the building line, with conditions in place to ensure no habitable or business use.

  1. 18/00550 - FOREST GLEN, LOWER DENSOME WOOD, WOODGREEN, SP6 2BE - Cantilever carport  Deadline for comments 6th September 2018

Following discussion, the members RESOLVED the following in respect of the above application:

5. We are happy to accept the decision reached by the National Park Authority's Officers under their delegated powers now that the carport has been moved towards SW boundary.

b)    Tree Applications Received:

  1. CONS/18/0745 - Robin Cottage, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, SP6 2AZ - Fell 1 x Fir Tree - The members RESOLVED to leave decision to Tree Officer.

c)    Other Planning Matters:

Clerk to report all concerns in relation to possible breaches of planning.

The Clerk advised that other decisions in relation to planning and tree works applications were reflected on Correspondence – Appendix 1.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to breaches of planning online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20041/enforcement/109/enforcement/4 or contact Clerk.

18.172 Report by County and District Councillor: Cty Cllr Heron advised the members how well Hampshire children had performed in recent examinations, being 1.2% above the national average.

He also confirmed that he would be contacting the relevant housing association following concerns raised by a Woodgreen resident.

Concerns about the efficiency of the online reporting system to Hampshire Highways was raised by members and the Cty Cllr advised that the local authority was working with the new contractor to integrate channels of communication. Ongoing reports about the noisy cattle grid were raised and it was confirmed that this grid is to be replaced in the near future, as the contractors are currently replacing another cattle grid in a local village. For updates about local road problems, the Clerk is to email roads@HCC.gov.uk

Cty Cllr Heron advised that Hampshire County Council is unable to offer an email service to new joiners but that HALC were looking into ways to improve IT services for parish councils and encouraged the members to write to the organisation to reiterate their case.

18.173    Roads & Ditches: The increased amount of parked cars leading to the Common has been noted although leaflets are being placed on the windscreen of such vehicles on an ongoing basis. It was also noted that a homeowner had placed signage on a tree rather than their property and JC will look into both matters further.

Details of all planned road works can be found at https://roadworks.org/ Parishioners are also reminded to report any Highways concerns online via the Hampshire County Council (HCC) website at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems or contact Clerk.

18.174 Hedges and Footpaths: The Clerk advised that she had met with the Countryside Access Team on 13th August 2018 and looked at the Halls Field footpath. It was felt to be in good condition but would need to be maintained on a regular basis to ensure vegetation does not encroach the right of way further. Clerk is to report the damaged fingerpost at Trims Drove online, and also see if this repair can be undertaken by the parish lengthsman.

Parishioners are reminded to report any concerns in relation to Rights of Way online via website at https://www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/rightsofway/reportaproblem  or contact Clerk.

Parishioners are also reminded to report any concerns in relation to fly tipping online via the NFNPA website at http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/info/20096/unspoilt_landscape/44/litter/2 or contact Clerk.

18.175 Parish Lengthsman: Members were asked to forward on any new tasks to JS to add to the worksheet for his next visit on 24th September 2018. Future tasks suggested included:

  • Trimming of hedging at Little Drove

  • Trimming of vegetation at Trims Drove

  • Rubbish to be cleared at cemetery

  • Trimming of brambles around cemetery

It was noted that the contract for the parish lengthsman role has recently been out for tender and Clerk is to advise outcome at future meeting.

18.176 Cemetery Report: Cemetery Committee met on 17th August 2018 to consider ongoing maintenance. Members agreed that the cemetery was generally in good order with some maintenance required to remove dead plants and brambles, and consideration to be given to using space for cremation plots. Work party to be organised to undertake further maintenance work later in the year. Research is ongoing in relation to one enquiry received in relation to existing plot.

18.177    Reading Room: Nil to report at present.

18.178    Asset of Community Value - Sale of Horse and Groom Public House: Matters progressing. The brewery has advised that should the existing tenant leave before 12th December 2018, they will do their best to keep the pub open until it is sold.

18.179 Repair / replacement of Benches - SH provided an update. Repairs have been made to benches and he is very pleased with the work done. The parish council is now awaiting invoices for labour and material costs. Ongoing research being undertaken into replacement of bench by bus stop.

18.180    Parish Council Website -

Website provider has forwarded new reduced rates after corresponding with LB:

  • Basic Web services Audit - £40 +VAT (Previous quote £80 +VAT)

  • Concessionary Active Support Package - £60 +VAT (Previous quote £300 +VAT)

The members RESOLVED to take up these new rates. LB is to liaise with website provider in relation to terms and conditions, means of payment and future storage considerations. Matter to be added to next agenda. Financial regulations will have to be amended to enable payment directly from the bank.

18.181    Correspondence: The Clerk presented an overview of correspondence (Appendix 1) to councillors and highlighted the following:

  • Hampshire and IOW Wildlife Trust - Invitation to awareness-raising event for Parish Councils on 31 October 2018

  • Hampshire County Council - Annual reminder for riparian owners (those who have watercourses on or bordering their properties) to carry out maintenance. Poster to be displayed on noticeboard.

Godshill Parish Council had also contacted Clerk to see if any problems experienced during Garmin cycling event on 31st August 2018 and the members had advised that no problems had been reported.

18.182 Consultations and Surveys: It was agreed for members to respond individually in relation to the following :

  1. New Forest District (Outside the National Park) Consultation on Supplementary Planning Documents - 6 July to 30 September 2018 - Response deadline  30th September 2018

  2. National Highways and Transport (NHT) Public Satisfaction survey- Response deadline 28th September 2018 - EH responded on behalf of the parish council

  3. Local government – 2019/20 Council Tax Referendum Principles - Response deadline 18th September 2018

It was noted that JC had forwarded a response in relation to New Forest Inclosures Deforestation Proposals on behalf of the parish council

18.183 Financial report:

Up to date Financial Statement forwarded to the Council (Appendix 2) by the Clerk.  

  1. Income: Interest on Santander Bond - £323.25

  2. Expenditure: The following cheques were approved and signed for (as per Appendix 2)

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

980

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for September 2018

£299.93

981

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

982

SSE

Electricity for Reading Room

£31.26

983

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental of Committee Room

£15.00

  1. Reinvestment of Fixed Term Bond: The members formally RESOLVED to reinvest £70,000 in the one year bond for a further year, following the maturity date on 1st September 2018, with the interest accumulated to date (£783.69) being moved to the current account.

18.184 Meetings attended:

13/08/2018 - VE - Countryside Access Team

17/08/2018 - SA/JC/SA - Cemetery Committee Meeting

03/09/2018 - JS - Quadrant meeting

18.185 Matters to be raised on next agenda: Review of Financial Regulations; Archiving; Update following WECASG AGM

18.186    Resolution Relating to Confidential Nature: As no members of the public were present, the members were not required to pass a resolution in accordance with Standing Order 3d (as reflected on agenda)

18.187    Clerk’s Appraisal: This had been undertaken on August 2018 and the Chairman advised that the members were happy with the Clerk’s progress to date. Future focus will continue to be on recordkeeping and archiving.

Date of Next Meeting: It was agreed for the next parish council meeting to be held on Tuesday 2nd October 2018 at 7.30pm.

SH closed the meeting at 9.10pm.

Contact details: Clerk: Vicky Eden, 24 Lyster Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1QY

Email: parish.clerk@woodgreen-pc.gov.uk Tel: 01425 655707 (normal working hours only please)

Minutes, including appendices and other documentation, can also be found on our website: www.woodgreen-pc.gov.uk

These are draft minutes until approved at the next meeting

Appendix 1 - Correspondence 07.08.2018 - 04.09.2018

Ref.

Date Received

Delivery Method

Received From

Details

Meeting date / Deadline / Consultation Period

1

07.08.2018

Email

Friends of the New Forest

Heathland Revived

 

2

07.08.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Planning application 18/00444 - Erika, Brook Lane, Woodgreen - amended plans

 

3

08.08.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

18/00463/LDCP - Orchard End, High Street, Woodgreen, SP6 2AU - Single storey rear extension and porch - Planning Permission Required; 18/00464/LDCP - Dongoa, High Street, Woodgreen, SP6 2AU - Proposed single storey rear extension - Permitted

 

4

09.08.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/18/0606 - ROSE COTTAGE (STEARN), HIGH STREET, WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2AR - Raise No Objections

 

5

09.08.2018

Email

HCC

Your new edition of Your Hampshire has arrived!

 

6

10.08.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

CONS/18/0745 - Robin Cottage, Brook Lane, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2AZ - Fell 1 x Fir tree

 

7

10.08.2018

Email

United Hosting

Important changes affecting you

 

8

11.08.2018

Email

Cemetery Enquiry

Further information about memorial service

08.09.2018

9

13.08.2018

Email

NFNPA

PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NFNPA

21.08.2018

10

13.08.2018

Emai

HALC

Councillor Commission Round Table Event - 5th September - 13.00-15.00 - Eastleigh

 

11

13.08.2018

Email

Downton Link

Agenda for Downton Link Committee Meeting Tuesday 21 August and Summer News

 

12

14.08.2018

Email

Fordingbridge Town Council

Completed SPC and WPC Lengthsman Sheets

 

13

15.08.2018

Email

NFDC

Pitch Maintenance in Drought Conditions

 

14

16.08.2018

Email

HALC

Rural Affordable Housing Conference - 6th November 2018 - Winchester

 

15

16.08.2018

Email

Action Hampshire

Small is Beautiful but Challenging - Action Hampshire Conference and AGM - 15 November

 

16

16.08.2018

Email

NALC

LCR Autumn 2018 Survey

10.09.2018

17

16.08.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Parish Briefing Note 18/00550 FOREST GLEN, LOWER DENSOME WOOD, WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2BE

 

18

17.08.2018

Email

HCC

Woodgreen Parish Council - Query re email service

 

19

17.08.2018

Email

TLC

Woodgreen PC Website

 

20

20.08.2018

Email

HALC

Funding Opportunities

 

21

20.08.2018

Email

NFDC

Work starts on new cemetery in Calshot

 

22

21.08.2018

Email

NFDC

Safer New Forest Strategy Group - Monday 3 September, 2.00 p.m.

 

23

21.08.2018

Email

NFNPA - Planning

Planning application 18/00444 - Erika, Brook Lane, Woodgreen

04.09.2018

24

22.08.2018

Email

NFNPA - Treeworks

TPO/18/0616 - HOLLYBUSH, UPPER DENSOME WOOD, WOODGREEN, FORDINGBRIDGE, SP6 2QU - Prune 4 x Holly trees, Fell 2 x Beech trees - Grant

 

25

22.08.2018

Email

Woodgreen Preschool

Pre-School Garden

 

26

22.08.2018

Email

WPC Cllr

Deforestation Proposals Within New Forest Inclosures Forest Plan

 

27

23.08.2018

Email

NFNPA

NW Quadrant Meeting Agenda

03.09.2018

28

23.08.2018

Email

Website provider

Disk Usage Warning: The user “woodgree” (woodgreen-pc.gov.uk) has reached their disk quota.

 

29

24.08.2018

Email

NFDC

First World War Centenary

 

30

24.08.2018

Email

NFNPA

NF Consultative Panel meeting on Thursday 6 September 2018

 

31

28.08.2018

Email

NFDC

Safer New Forest Conference - Monday 12 November 2018

 

32

29.08.2018

Email

NF Citizens Advice

FRESH NEW OFFICE FOR CITIZENS ADVICE NEW FOREST

 

33

29.08.2018

Email

Woodgreen Resident

Further information relating to Horse and Groom

 

34

30.08.2018

Email

NFDC

Annual Canvass

 

35

03.09.2018

Email

HIOWWT

Invitation to awareness-raising event for Parish Councils on 31 October 2018

 

36

03.09.2018

Email

HCC

Annual reminder for riparian owners to carry out maintenance

 



































 

Woodgreen Parish Council - Appendix 2

       

Financial Statement Prepared for Meeting dated 4th September 2018

       
 

Total all balances :

£86,727.50

 
 

Balances as at :

   
 

Lloyds Account*

Santander (as at 01/09/18)

 
 

£10,826.15

£70,783.69

 
 

NS&I (as at 01/01/18)

   
 

£5,117.66

   
       
     
 

Payments since last meeting date :

7th August 2018

 

Cheque No

Payee

 

TOTAL COST

978

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for August 2018

£299.93

979

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

       
 

Items for payment

   

Cheque No

Payee

Details

TOTAL COST

980

Victoria Eden

Clerk’s salary and expenses for September 2018

£298.81

981

Cutting Edge

Maintenance of Cemetery

£160.00

982

Woodgreen Village Hall

Rental of Committee Room

£15.00

983

SSE

Electricity for the Reading Room

£31.26

       
 

Receipts since last meeting date :

7th August 2018

 

Date Banked

Received From

Details

Amount