Woodgreen is a village with a population of 540, situated on the north-western edge of the New Forest. The whole parish of Woodgreen is within the western escarpment conservation area and Woodgreen Common has been designated as a site of special scientific interest.
Remote from the urban centres, the proximity to open forest for recreation and viewing of flora and fauna provides tranquility of great value to the residents who also appreciate the fact that the village has a friendly caring ‘heart’ with a shop, post office, pub, church, village hall and common that facilitate social activities.
- Woodgreen Support Group
- Age Concern Information
- Climate Change & Local Action
- Ashurst Hospital – future plans for a Health and Wellbeing Hub for Children, Young People and Families
- Parish Council Vacancy
- Hythe & Dibden War Memorial Hospital Plans Approved
- New Forest District Council: Hythe – Southampton Passenger Ferry
- New Forest Ambassadors swing into action to help care for the National Park
- New Forest District Council: Council urges New Forest residents to update their voter details online
- New Forest District Council: Council invites New Forest businesses to bid for grants in new £80,000 growth fund
Photos: © 2020 Bill Shepley