Woodgreen is a village with a population of 540, situated on the north-western edge of the New Forest. The whole parish of Woodgreen is within the western escarpment conservation area and Woodgreen Common has been designated as a site of special scientific interest.
Remote from the urban centres, the proximity to open forest for recreation and viewing of flora and fauna provides tranquility of great value to the residents who also appreciate the fact that the village has a friendly caring ‘heart’ with a shop, post office, pub, church, village hall and common that facilitate social activities.
For more information in relation to COVID 19, please click on News, top right hand corner
- Neighbourhood Alert: Youth Commission Survey of Young Peoples Views on Topical Crime and Policing Issues
- Help power your community with the Calor Rural Community Fund
- Hampshire County Council: Solar Together Scheme
- Census 2021 – February Update
- NFDC Press Release: NFDC supports LEP’s £2billion Solent Freeport bid
- Neighbourhood Alert: Hampshire Constabulary Provides Crime Prevention Advice Following Recent Rise In Thefts from Motor Vehicles
- Southern Water: Water for Life – Hampshire: consultation now live
- Hampshire Police: Policing the New Forest -Partnership Update January 2021
- Action Hampshire Newsletter: Important stuff you really need to know right now
- Neighbourhood Alert: Newsletter – Feb Edition
Photos: © 2020 Bill Shepley