Council Tax Rates 2022/23
New Forest District Council (NFDC) has set their element of the 2022/23 Council Tax at £188.36 per year, per household (Band D property) at their Full Council meeting on 21 February 2022.
The £5 a year increase is a 2.73% rise on the 2021/22 Council Tax.
Other organisations have also set their Council Tax amounts, and the total bill, for an average Band D property in the district, will be £1,987.99.
The full report that set the Council Tax can be read at https://democracy.newforest.gov.uk/documents/g7278/Public%20reports%20pack%2021st-Feb-2022%2018.30%20Council.pdf?T=10
The different amounts making up the total bill, for an average Band D property are:
- Hampshire County Council, including the specific charge to help fund Adult Social Care, £1,390.86, an increase of £40.41 (2.99%)
- New Forest District Council £188.36, an increase of £5.00 (2.73%)
- Police and Crime Commissioner for Hampshire £236.46, an increase of £10.00 (4.42%)
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service £75.43, an increase of £5.00 (7.10%)
- Town and Parish Council £96.88, an increase of £3.68 (3.95%) (Woodgreen will be £38.38)
The bills will be sent in March.
NFDC are advising people who may have difficulty paying Council Tax to contact them straight away to see what help and support is available, by calling 01590 646111 or emailing email@example.com
For more information on Council Tax, how to pay, and discounts and exemptions, see the council’s website at https://newforest.gov.uk/counciltax